Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2002, 01:47 AM   #1

Aftermarket

what's up with the lack of aftermarket for the new celica? i'm thinking of getting a celica but since theres not much aftermarket i think i might have to reconsider.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:49 AM   #2

Dude, get a Celica. There isn't a lack of aftermarket parts - you just have to know where to look, ya know? Take my advice - you will not regret getting one and you can have so much fun with them! Just make sure and get a GT, okay? 8)
Old 05-03-2002, 01:55 AM   #3

Hey Johnie! Just read your post and I do agree with "Guest" in that you should get a Celica....but not necessarily the GT. I own a 2000 GT-S and I will admit that the lack of aftermarket support has stirred my interest in other vehicles. I think that due to the more friendly compression in the GT.....it is easier for aftermarket suppiers to R/D and market stuff for the GT! The GT-S is a much more potent machine...and even with most of the mods the GT has available, with the GT-S and good DRIVER, the GT-S is still a superior car. The support for the Celica is slow but actually the 7Th Gen Celica is TOTALLY new and it's only been out for 2 years....be patient and the support will come(hopefully)! Truely the best thing for you to do is to drive both the GT and the GT-S at the dealership...and don;'t be afraid to take the GT-S to its limits when reving...it requires high srung driving due to no bottom end torque but the lift at about 6k RPM will be most satisfying!!!!