Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2004, 10:20 PM   #16
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeprojectpat
come on you must get a day off or something.

Oh you get some days off...but you're on 24 hour duty the moment you sign your name!...and being deployed will make it difficult to enjoy your $30,000.00 parking lot adornment on your "day off" from 6,000 miles away.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:46 PM   #17
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

its the air force by the way....not that that makes a difference. Ill be sittin in my 30k car yelling "cross into the blue" I didnt say that the car makes the person I said that a car represents a person. by representing the persons style, taste, wealth and class. Me, I just want a fun car. (convertible) If I deploy Its just like having a girlfriend. Ill have something waiting for me to come home to drive....you know. What you are telling me is kind of like telling a soldier not to get married because theyre not gonna be with the wife 24/7 , the wife is gonna get older and that he might get deployed. Sacrifices man....If I have nothing waiting for me back home I might as well come home in a box

Last edited by freeprojectpat : 08-10-2004 at 11:51 PM.
freeprojectpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 12:41 AM   #18
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
its the air force by the way....not that that makes a difference. Ill be sittin in my 30k car yelling "cross into the blue" I didnt say that the car makes the person I said that a car represents a person. by representing the persons style, taste, wealth and class. Me, I just want a fun car. (convertible) If I deploy Its just like having a girlfriend. Ill have something waiting for me to come home to drive....you know. What you are telling me is kind of like telling a soldier not to get married because theyre not gonna be with the wife 24/7 , the wife is gonna get older and that he might get deployed. Sacrifices man....If I have nothing waiting for me back home I might as well come home in a box

Well then...the AF...I've been there!

Aside from what I've already mentioned, you don't make a whole lot of money in the military...especially starting at the bottom.

Ask anyone with the right information about the divorce rate of military couples...it's up around 75% - 80%...

Anyway...do what you want, I'm just giving you some sound business advice...take it or leave it.

In a box you may come home with the way Bush is throwing the military around...but your car will be in the parking lot...awaiting your return.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:16 AM   #19
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

hey man thanks for the advice. I know that I need both positive and negative feedback. Im actually considering it. Im also considering what mischa told me, buying a car that might be worth more in the future that way I dont lose money and have a car. what do you think about that....
Old 08-11-2004, 01:19 AM   #20
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
hey man thanks for the advice. I know that I need both positive and negative feedback. Im actually considering it. Im also considering what mischa told me, buying a car that might be worth more in the future that way I dont lose money and have a car. what do you think about that....

The trick is finding a car that meets that criteria...first off, if it's going to be worth more money in 4 years or so, it's gonna be an expensive car...and one you wont want to be playing too much in...afterall...how's it going to keep it's value?

If you can figure out which cars will be the hot ticket item in 5 years...buy it!!

Old 08-11-2004, 01:45 AM   #21
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

I can see where you are coming from freeprojectpat. It would suck to come home from deployment to a raggety-ass car, but at the same time, it's pretty dumb to have it sit for months at a time losing value. I would spend 10 grand or so on a pretty nice car. When you come home for good, you can buy a really nice car that you will actually drive. That is.... unless you spend the rest of your money on booze and strippers.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:54 AM   #22
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
That is.... unless you spend the rest of your money on booze and strippers.

...and the mere mention of it...you know he will!

Old 08-11-2004, 02:10 PM   #23
Pac127
CF Newbie

One Word

Domestic. Buy something American. Something with balls and looks. Like.....Vette, Trans Am WS6, Camaro SS, Saleen Mustang or Rousche...........but definetly go American.........well thats what I would do if I had cash.
RS = really slow
after swap
RS = ridiculous speed
Pac127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:53 AM   #24
mischa
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
E36 M3:

E39 M3:

there's no E39 M3
Old 08-13-2004, 02:33 AM   #25
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
ok im still trying to decide what car I should buy. I have 30k to spend on a car. I dont need a house cuz ill live in a base. I just want one badass car/suv that wont bring me a bunch of trouble. I like cars that are attractive. Some friends told me to get a 300zx for about 10 gs and spend the rest of the $$$ on making it fast but im more into the looks, something to pick up babes. that wont break down a lot. what should I get?

Well a lot of people would think by now i'd be screaming, GET THE 300ZXTT...but...with $30k....one thing stand out more than ALL others :

91-94 COUPE NSX.... you'll love it.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 04:47 AM   #26
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Well a lot of people would think by now i'd be screaming, GET THE 300ZXTT...but...with $30k....one thing stand out more than ALL others :

91-94 COUPE NSX.... you'll love it.
damn how much HP does that thing have?
Old 08-13-2004, 03:52 PM   #27
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
damn how much HP does that thing have?

Too much for you to afford after you've squandered your inheritance.

Old 08-13-2004, 07:19 PM   #28
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Too much for you to afford after you've squandered your inheritance.
true. plus all the NSX ive seen for that price have 80k + miles on it. I dont want a car thats gonna be a pain in the arse. Ill tell what Ill do. Im gonna pay off my mustang that I already have, get a nice exhaust , paint it black ........... and go to strip clubs. Ill be set for now I guess
Old 08-14-2004, 12:03 AM   #29
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
true. plus all the NSX ive seen for that price have 80k + miles on it. I dont want a car thats gonna be a pain in the arse. Ill tell what Ill do. Im gonna pay off my mustang that I already have, get a nice exhaust , paint it black ........... and go to strip clubs. Ill be set for now I guess

270hp was the stock HP for the 91-94...they are fun to drive, handle very nicely.

80,000 miles is nothing...really, it's a HANDBUILT Honda at that, the assembly line Honda engines can already last 250-300k miles with zero problems, imagine what a handbuilt engine will do built by Honda.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:57 AM   #30
Wonderbread7608
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa
there's no E39 M3

yah dude, its an E46.

and get an NSX... MR>ALL
Wonderbread7608 is offline   Reply With Quote