Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
kkirk7290
CF Newbie

car exhaust question???

is there any way to hook up a motorcycle exhaust muffler in a car? i cant find anyone or anything that says you can or cant.. no one has done it? if you do a dual motorcycle exhaust on a 1.8l car shouldnt you be fine? and shouldnt it sound something similar to a high end sports car? i know there is decibal laws on how loud it can be but if motorcycles have them i should be fine with that too right?

my problem is that i have a very small car with not a lot of room and the few exhaust systems for my car i dont really like so i thought a motorcycle exhaust would be pretty sweet..
so anyone have any info on if this is even possible??? if so please explain.
thanks
kkirk7290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
newyorker
MXman

it sure is possible to weld some motorcycle mufflers onto a car exhaust system but its not going to sound like an exotic car, just like shit
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkirk7290
is there any way to hook up a motorcycle exhaust muffler in a car? i cant find anyone or anything that says you can or cant.. no one has done it? if you do a dual motorcycle exhaust on a 1.8l car shouldnt you be fine? and shouldnt it sound something similar to a high end sports car? i know there is decibal laws on how loud it can be but if motorcycles have them i should be fine with that too right?

my problem is that i have a very small car with not a lot of room and the few exhaust systems for my car i dont really like so i thought a motorcycle exhaust would be pretty sweet..
thanks
yeah it would sound retarted. it would make your car sound like a vw beetle with a womping 1inch exhaust

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:47 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKtEAGLE
yeah it would sound retarted. it would make your car sound like a vw beetle with a womping 1inch exhaust
Translation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkBeagle
I don't know sh*t about cars. As a matter of fact, I don't know sh*t about anything. I'm a 12 year old retard that doesn't even know the correct way to spell retarded. Don't listen to anything I say. At first my stupidity may be somewhat amusing, but after reading just a few of my posts you'll start to lose IQ points and want to puke. If you ever see me in public, do the world a favor and pull my head out of my ass. The sudden exposure to oxygen will kill me instantly.
Yeah, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkirk7290

thanks
Hanging bike exhausts (mufflers) on small engined cars has been around for years, since decades before the best part of DorkBeagle dripped down his mothers leg. It's somewhat commonly seen in ricer circles with dual dumps out the back and even sometimes a single dump behind the front tire. All you have to do is make sure that the ID is of sufficient diameter so as not to restrict flow. Most bike mufflers are fairly small so duals are an easier job to fab up if the room is available.

All that being said, if sound quality is important to you, be very careful. IMO, most cars done this way don't sound too good.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
trainingwheels
CF Newbie

I think it is possible but as people have mentioned, it won't sound very nice
trainingwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Translation:

Yeah, that's it.

Hanging bike exhausts (mufflers) on small engined cars has been around for years, since decades before the best part of DorkBeagle dripped down his mothers leg. It's somewhat commonly seen in ricer circles with dual dumps out the back and even sometimes a single dump behind the front tire. All you have to do is make sure that the ID is of sufficient diameter so as not to restrict flow. Most bike mufflers are fairly small so duals are an easier job to fab up if the room is available.

All that being said, if sound quality is important to you, be very careful. IMO, most cars done this way don't sound too good.
WHY DONT YOU JUST SHUT THE **** UP!!!! GET A LIFE!! All you do is just sit around and ****ing bomb on people every ****ing day,especially me!! GET A JOB,GET A GIRL(Your mom doesnt count),and OHH YEAH move out of your ****ing moms house!!!!! Im sick of your shit!!!

DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
WHY DONT YOU JUST SHUT THE **** UP!!!! GET A LIFE!! All you do is just sit around and ****ing bomb on people every ****ing day,especially me!! GET A JOB,GET A GIRL(Your mom doesnt count),and OHH YEAH move out of your ****ing moms house!!!!! Im sick of your shit!!!
Hes like 50 and married haha, and an ASE mechanic. AJ, you got to chill, vwhomo can be an ass sometimes but its funny.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:11 AM   #8
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

Quote:
notice that until recently he hasn't been on here more than a few times a year.

I was going to say more, but the hobo don't need anyone to defend him. [waits for the hobo's reply]
Old 09-03-2008, 04:30 AM   #9
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

If hobo comes back this'll be good. Sorry Aj but your digging yourself into a hole with hobo.

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

Keep typing Twinkie. I can't make you look any stupider than you already do.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote