Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2004, 02:52 PM   #16
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Thats exactly my point. But the real problem is that they bring a bad image and connotation to street racers. People think were all reckless and irresponsible.

Dude, that image has ALWAYS been there. And to be honest, if youre racing on teh street, it's TRUE! And Hollywood has been exploiting that fact since the 1930s!!!!!

Look at some of these movie posters! http://www.sd455.com/movie.htm

Kids always think they are the inventors of everything...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #17
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
And yeah, I do race for money sometimes, but those type of people won't race. They just stand next to their cars trying to look as badass as possible. If they did let me kick their ass I would be fine with them but they are to afraid to mess up their body kit and scratch their paint job to race.

Take it to a fu(king track. How hard is that concept? I starrted racing on a track not long after I got my license. I'd be one of those standing next to the car and not "racing" you, either.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 04:46 PM   #18
Diomedes
CF Newbie

Sometimes I wonder how honest people are being. Or maybe, we don't do anything we say, and just want to feel special hmm?
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 05:21 PM   #19
mischa
CF Newbie

Quote:
And yeah, I do race for money sometimes, but those type of people won't race. They just stand next to their cars trying to look as badass as possible. If they did let me kick their ass I would be fine with them but they are to afraid to mess up their body kit and scratch their paint job to race.

what car do you race for money, and what cars race you?
Old 08-12-2004, 05:57 PM   #20
Wonderbread7608
CF Newbie

dude, i cant belive you guys are getting all emotional over this movie. I like it. I go to car shows, and check out all the nice cars with bodykits, neons, and 10k paint jobs. That said, that is not what my car wil look like at all, i dont like spending money on something that wont make my car go faster (except repairing dents, and a paint job, but only 1 color). As long as you know your in the hobby for the right reason, thats all that matters. Just be happy with what you have done to your car. Just because you dont like what people do to THEIR OWN CARS doesnt mean you need to b|tch about it. Im not sayin you need to play like you like it, just dont bee like "oh, that wing is so retarded, hahaha" and walk away. They put the wing on because they like it (hopefully) not to try to make you happy.
Wonderbread7608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #21
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbread7608
"oh, that wing is so retarded, hahaha" and walk away. They put the wing on because they like it (hopefully) not to try to make you happy.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 10:27 PM   #22
Eclipse_2004
CF Enthusiast

lmao..i cant remeber where i saw it..but someone posted a picture of a ricer..and it had a wing on the hood lmao!!
Old 08-12-2004, 11:19 PM   #23
Inygknok
El del Supra

i still dont see the big deal with hating the movie. sure, it had a cheesy storyline and the acting was bad, but its just a movie meant to entertain some ppl, not everyone. some ppl loved spiderman, others hated it. some love star wars, others love star trek. in the end, its all up to the independent viewer. whining about it just makes u worse.

wat i really dislike is how some people wanna street race and mod their cars just cuz 2f2f did so as well. i dont blame the movie, i blame the morons that pay attention to it.

still, i got to auto shows too. sometimes i even complain when i see riced out cars that have no performance mods at all n they think they are the hot stuff on the streets. i even beat a riced out civic last wednesday with my mothers car. sad thing was, i had my brother and his friend (6'5", 300lbs kind of friend, my bro is 6'2" and 180lbs, and im 6'4" with 174lbs). the civic was carrying just one guy, and moms car is kind of dying (mom is a bad driver). still managed to beat him all the way up to 60mph or so where i had to stop cuz there was a 350z in front of me up ahead. dont get me wrong, i dont normally street race, but the guy kept revving his engine and looking at me so i just thought, "wtf, its 2am, why not?". he got so embarrased he took a turn and left running even though i was honking at him so i could point and laugh and take a picture. but yea, thats the kind of ppl that really make me angry, not the movie.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 08:00 AM   #24
heebee
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
whining about it just makes u worse.

So people aren't allowed to express an opinion any more?

I know it's just a movie. But it happens to be a brain-dead, stupid, dumb movie. The whole thing is moronic. Diesel Van can't act, and the cars looked ridiculous.
heebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 03:20 PM   #25
Wonderbread7608
CF Newbie

but the problem is once people make up their mind on their opinion, they think they are right, and everyone who doesnt agree 100% is wrong. I like the movie. Not for the acting or the storyline, but because there are some nice cars in it. Im not sayin everyone has to think its a good movie, or like the cars in it, but you guys dont need to come on the internet and bash it trying to downgrade the people who like the movie.
Wonderbread7608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:07 AM   #26
lutz
Top-Hat

Honestly, I only saw this F.a.t.F. movie to see how Vin Diesel is acting. Really

Have A Drink On Me!

lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:50 AM   #27
enron fever
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutz
Honestly, I only saw this F.a.t.F. movie to see how Vin Diesel is acting. Really
....that is the worst excuse i've ever heard....
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:52 AM   #28
Eclipse_2004
CF Enthusiast

i only saw Tfatf for the hot girls in it
Old 08-14-2004, 05:11 AM   #29
enron fever
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_2004
that's more like it
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:02 AM   #30
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_2004

they needed more hispanic action.... yes, im puerto rican, therefore, i thirst for hispanic women everywhere.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote