Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #46
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
i agree 100% with Zalight, i feel like vommiting in my mouth and swallowing it again when i see punks in mazda precidias or civics with giant hood scoops and popcan exhaust, just thinking about it makes me sick theres no replacement for displacement, so ricers can just bite me, oh and that whole drifting stuff is sweet but i was sure i invented that on the ice bridges of the cold north!
BanffAutoSpa_ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #47
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
i agree 100% with Zalight, i feel like vommiting in my mouth and swallowing it again when i see punks in mazda precidias or civics with giant hood scoops and popcan exhaust, just thinking about it makes me sick theres no replacement for displacement, so ricers can just bite me, oh and that whole drifting stuff is sweet but i was sure i invented that on the ice bridges of the cold north!

Hey... Im a ricer and im PROUD.. Its about the wide bodykits and the big WING and the 5 inch muffler!!!
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:10 PM   #48
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
yes cuz that stuff makes your real cool man, and that wing is great for performance and aerodynamics at your top speed of what 100 km/h
BanffAutoSpa_ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #49
Nichol Bolas
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
yes cuz that stuff makes your real cool man, and that wing is great for performance and aerodynamics at your top speed of what 100 km/h

Don't kid yourself, his mother can only run with him in the stroller at 1mph, if that.
Nichol Bolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:02 AM   #50
Who?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
the fast and the furious was the best movie!! its all about NOS and street racing now!! everybody put NOS in their car now. If it wanst for the movie no one would have street race or know what NOS is

err...I don't have NOS, and neither do any of the other cars in our club. But then again we don't have 10 gears and double clutch on the upshifts either

I treat the movies as a good laugh. You couldn't possibly take them seriously. The only draw back is the young kids who can't tell reality from fiction and try to play out the movie on the streets.

One particularly nasty incident was where a young exchange student was literally cut in half by one of these kids doing 90Mph + in a 30Mph zone in Christchurch a while ago when crossing the road.
Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:08 AM   #51
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?
err...I don't have NOS, and neither do any of the other cars in our club. But then again we don't have 10 gears and double clutch on the upshifts either

I treat the movies as a good laugh. You couldn't possibly take them seriously. The only draw back is the young kids who can't tell reality from fiction and try to play out the movie on the streets.

One particularly nasty incident was where a young exchange student was literally cut in half by one of these kids doing 90Mph + in a 30Mph zone in Christchurch a while ago when crossing the road.

I was jus kidding man, I dont even like that movie. Doubleclutching on upshifts yea that was the stupidest thing said on that movie. I was just being a RICER at that moment
Old 02-06-2005, 06:10 AM   #52
mirot
CF Enthusiast

i'm just letting everyone know here the double clutching while upshifting is possible... just not necessary/possible when street racing
Old 02-06-2005, 06:19 AM   #53
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirot
i'm just letting everyone know here the double clutching while upshifting is possible... just not necessary/possible when street racing

NO its not because doubleclutching is rev matching your engine speed with your driveshaft speed so how is that posible while uupshifting because you will get a lesser gear ratio than the privous gear.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:09 AM   #54
mirot
CF Enthusiast

and i quote...

"First, you take your foot off the gas and kick in the clutch. You shift into neutral, AND let the clutch out. You wait perhaps 0.3 to 1.0 seconds for the engine to slow down from its high revs, depending on how fast you were revving when you started to shift and how much inertia the engine has to slow down. THEN you kick in the clutch and shift into third, and let the clutch out quickly, feeding the gas appropriately. If you have judged it right, when you let the clutch out, there isn't any JERK. And when you shove the lever into third, the gears and engine are at a synchronized speed, so there's minimum wear on the synchronizers, which are the tiny clutches that bring the clutch plate and the gears into smooth synchrony. There's also usually less wear on the clutch plates.

What's the big deal? The main point is that when you try to shift into third gear, the engine has slowed itself and the clutch plate down to the right speed—just about the same speed as the gearbox—so it saves wear on the synchronizers and the clutch. It can also save shock and strain on the whole drive-train, because the speeds are just about synchronized when you let out the clutch"
Old 02-06-2005, 08:19 AM   #55
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirot
and i quote...

"First, you take your foot off the gas and kick in the clutch. You shift into neutral, AND let the clutch out. You wait perhaps 0.3 to 1.0 seconds for the engine to slow down from its high revs, depending on how fast you were revving when you started to shift and how much inertia the engine has to slow down. THEN you kick in the clutch and shift into third, and let the clutch out quickly, feeding the gas appropriately. If you have judged it right, when you let the clutch out, there isn't any JERK. And when you shove the lever into third, the gears and engine are at a synchronized speed, so there's minimum wear on the synchronizers, which are the tiny clutches that bring the clutch plate and the gears into smooth synchrony. There's also usually less wear on the clutch plates.

What's the big deal? The main point is that when you try to shift into third gear, the engine has slowed itself and the clutch plate down to the right speed—just about the same speed as the gearbox—so it saves wear on the synchronizers and the clutch. It can also save shock and strain on the whole drive-train, because the speeds are just about synchronized when you let out the clutch"
That would not be called doubleclutching. The engine and wheel speed are not soppost to match when you upshift you only want them to be the same when you downshift. The jerk that you get from upshifting is because after upshifting, you press the throttle too hard so it pulls. When you upshift, the engine will already slow down for you so what is the point of waiting? How will doing this make less wear on the clutch when you only hold down the clutch once when upshifting and your way of "upshiftin/doubleclutchin" you have to press the clutch 2 times for no fukin reason.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:18 PM   #56
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

carEXPERT, stop trying to sound like you know what your talking about. He said double clutching is possible when upshifting. And it is. He didn't say that you should, he just said you could.