Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2002, 03:40 AM   #1
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

Honda

Does anyone know what the average max hp you can drop in a 99 accord sedan 4cyl?
suprarx7TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 03:02 AM   #2
labido

Well man im not really familiar with the car specifically. But MAX horsepower just depends on how much cash u wanna put it. With enough cash you can do just about anything. But with a guess if hit low 300's N/A you would be doing really really good. And alot more if u go with forced induction.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:38 AM   #3
skullz

Money will be always an issue, u can make that accord fast as hell!! by doing crazing type of conversions like a H22a swap with a custom garrett turbocharger..... or if your imagination is wild may be a V8..... :P but it all has to do with the MONEY... anyway i hope u get where u want to get with that car. Good Luck.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:33 PM   #4
labido

Of course you could make it un godly fast..if you swaped engines. But if your tryin to stay with the 4 cyl that you already got, its not gonna be FAST to some peoples standards. I would recomend an engine swap with something turbocharged myself. They are alotta fun.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
skullz

Quote:
Originally Posted by labido
Of course you could make it un godly fast..if you swaped engines. But if your tryin to stay with the 4 cyl that you already got, its not gonna be FAST to some peoples standards. I would recomend an engine swap with something turbocharged myself. They are alotta fun.
Im with u 100% lambido. !! i would also go with an inline 4 turbo set up......*hint* H22a with FMAX turbo
Old 12-10-2002, 01:50 AM   #6
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

Alright, alot of people have told me to swap with a prelude...i guess thats not a bad idea i have a friend that did it with a 97 accord...but im only 16 lol still in highschool .So money is an issue
Old 12-10-2002, 02:50 AM   #7
skullz

If u have patience my friend i would save for that h22a with turbo set up. my advice to u is start buying the components that u will need to run the turbo on the h22. like......... apex super afc, boost gauge, air fuel gauge, apex 3inch exhaust with test pipe..... all the little things u can get right now. that should give u a head start before buying the big things like the engine and the turbo kit.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:39 PM   #8
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

I have a custom exhuast. Its a R1 racing dual exhaust.
Old 04-11-2003, 11:09 PM   #9
optimis

go turbo

Hey do you have a vtec or not?? That doesnt really matter, but if your tight on funds do a custom turbo kit. From a DSM (Mitsubishi). Go to the junkyard and pick your parts. take them to a shop and have them all diagnosed or tested for quality and wear. You will need a custom exhaust mani. but other than that most of its swappable. should all be less than 1000. your manifold will be the most expensive. This is all if you're going to do the work yourself. Get a book on Turbocharging or get a job in a shop. You dont want to blow your engine up. try this forum
http://www.honda-tech.com/zeromain its one of the best, has many people who know what they are talking about, and some that dont...

Hope this helps, oh max HP w/ no engine swap I say between 250-350, pretty broad but people have done crazy stuff.

Stephen
Old 05-15-2003, 12:26 AM   #10
JDM-Racer
CF Newbie

Definately the job for a H22A engine swap with a turbo...you can get a lot of horsepower but everything is dependent on FUNDS...shiiit I know of a certain HKS twin turbo that hits 1000HP on its own regardless of an engine but it costs $13K and is made for big ballers like Supra's and Skylines...
JDM-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:02 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM-Racer
Definately the job for a H22A engine swap with a turbo...you can get a lot of horsepower but everything is dependent on FUNDS...shiiit I know of a certain HKS twin turbo that hits 1000HP on its own regardless of an engine but it costs $13K and is made for big ballers like Supra's and Skylines...

Okay, so let me get this straight. The turbo puts out 1000hp on its own?!? So you can install the turbo in your car without an engine and it will put out 1000hp. Very interesting. Not possible but interesting.

So let's assume you meant it will add 1000hp to any engine you install it on. Do you think that would hold true on a Yugo? How about a Toyota Prius? How about we just agree that you're typing without thinking. Yep, that's it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:51 PM   #12
JDM-Racer
CF Newbie

Why dont you go check http://www.suprastore.com/stag8upkit12.html and you will see what im talking about, the site i just showed has the upgraded version of the turbo kit i was talking about but its even faster, 1200HP and its $33k, aight den...and i said it would give 1000HP by itself meaning it automatically adds 1000HP to the engine it is installed into...and i also said it was made for the application of a supra or even a skyline...
JDM-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 02:28 AM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Why dont you go check http://www.suprastore.com/stag8upkit12.html and you will see what im talking about, the site i just showed has the upgraded version of the turbo kit i was talking about but its even faster, 1200HP and its $33k, aight den...and i said it would give 1000HP by itself meaning it automatically adds 1000HP to the engine it is installed into...and i also said it was made for the application of a supra or even a skyline...

Well I did check it out and the turbo DOES NOT add 1200hp. The kit includes turbos, head, cams, nitrous, etc. That is on top of an already killer engine where the only factory part that I can see is the block and even that's heavily modified. So bottom line is this upgrade adds 300hp not 1000hp. That's using their numbers.

So now you've given bogus numbers two posts in a row. Want to make it three?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 10:48 AM   #14
57ock
CF Addict

Quote:

Oops theres goes a rod. Maybe some holes in your standard pistons too
Doh the main bearing sh&% itself too.

Btw, you can get more hp out of a rb26dett then a supra motor.