Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2004, 01:16 AM   #16
Phelan
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa
where can you street race in japan? it seems like everywhere that's flat is metropolitan. But I have heard stories about drifters up in the hills of Japan, i'm sure everyone has heard that.

I live in Okinawa, we have no tracks (acutly, I've been told there is some track up north that noone goes to, but I think it's a myth) but there is a great tollroad that goes from the south side of the island to the north side, there are also quite a few roads up north to drift on (although I dont drift). Street racing is all people do here, there is a drift compition a couple times a year, but no leagal races. One of the great things about Japan is ther are verry few cops, they rely on camaras to catch people speeding or racing, but it doesnt take long to figure out where all the camaras are, or take off your front plate...

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olimpics, even if you win, your still retarded." ~unknown
Phelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:57 AM   #17
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Okay first; colorado is not 6 hours a way unless you speed the whole time, which everyone is currently yelling at me not to do.

Second; Sandia Motorsports raceway is not open to the public to race on. Well, technically, it is if you want to shell out $1200 to race on a week day and $650 to race on a weekend. Then if you want an ambulance ready in case you crash it cost $75 an hour, and $40 an hour for a firetruck. You have to rent the track for the whole or half day to race there. The only way its cheap whatsoever, is if you get 65 close freinds to chip in 10 bucks each and then take turns on the track. Im sorry but I aint got an extra grand lying around to go race legally. Which is why I didn't mention SMS noone can afford it except for random rich kids who take daddys Ferrari to the track for fun.

SO Like I said before, we are kinda forced to race on the streets.

And last, how the hell could you call me ignorant if you were the one who didn't have his facts straight, You just seem like an arrogant asshole who constantly puts people down to make himself feel as if you know more than someone else. Anyone could have gone online to look that stuff up, so don't feel special.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:48 AM   #18
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Okay first; colorado is not 6 hours a way unless you speed the whole time, which everyone is currently yelling at me not to do.

Second; Sandia Motorsports raceway is not open to the public to race on. Well, technically, it is if you want to shell out $1200 to race on a week day and $650 to race on a weekend. Then if you want an ambulance ready in case you crash it cost $75 an hour, and $40 an hour for a firetruck. You have to rent the track for the whole or half day to race there. The only way its cheap whatsoever, is if you get 65 close freinds to chip in 10 bucks each and then take turns on the track. Im sorry but I aint got an extra grand lying around to go race legally. Which is why I didn't mention SMS noone can afford it except for random rich kids who take daddys Ferrari to the track for fun.

SO Like I said before, we are kinda forced to race on the streets.

And last, how the hell could you call me ignorant if you were the one who didn't have his facts straight, You just seem like an arrogant asshole who constantly puts people down to make himself feel as if you know more than someone else. Anyone could have gone online to look that stuff up, so don't feel special.
1. I didn't call you ignorant I called you stupid. Of course you're not smart enough to know the difference.

2. If "anyone could have gone online to look that stuff up", then why didn't you. Sorry, I forgot, see #1.

3. This is called a schedule; http://www.sandiamotorsports.com/2004RoadCourse.pdf . I count 9 chances this year to autocross at SMS. I can assure you it will not cost $650, or even close, to do so.

4. I don't recall anyone "yelling" at you not to speed. What people are telling you is that street racing is stupid which leads to the inevitable fact that street racers are stupid. See #1 again.

5. You forgot to mention the dragstrip right outside of town, not 2 hours away. Of course that's only a fact that doesn't support your fantasy. See previous comments on lying, justification and wasting energy.

Finally to Phallus or whatever your name is. Unless Okinawa has grown substantially since the last time I was there, it's only about a 45 mile drive from one end to the other. Nago Circuit is just northeast of the center of the island, so... You want us to believe 20 or so miles is too far for you to drive to race (drift) legally. Read items 1 and 5 above, they apply to you as well.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:20 AM   #19
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

All right Hobo, i've come to the realization that you won't be able to argue a point without choosing to resort to personal insults, so im going to drop the subject.

by the way... http://www.sandiamotorsports.com/tra...20policies.pdf
Old 08-17-2004, 05:04 AM   #20
Phelan
CF Newbie

Wow... I guess I should feel hurt... or somthing... /shrug

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olimpics, even if you win, your still retarded." ~unknown
Old 08-17-2004, 05:10 AM   #21
Phelan
CF Newbie

BTW, here is a good pic of your "track".. ... to bad I dont drift..... I think I'll stick to the road.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:00 AM   #22
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

the reason i quit, which hopefully one of you guys wont have to quit for these reasons, but hopefully recognize the fact that it could happen to you and you will quit. but i quit because my friend got shot because he kicked the crap out of someone (in a race) and won a lot of money... later on the next week, a group of guys came out with swords and guns (asian mob or somethin...) and shot him. he lived through it and almost killed the guy who shot him in a fight, but still, i didnt want that happening to me. not to mention the fact that ive seen an accident, in person once while at nightraces, where a kid got a hondee (1.6 SOHC vtec (EX)) and couldnt handle the 130-140 someott ponie vehicle and ran off the road into a tree... not fun, by the way he did live though, but he was pretty mangled
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:12 AM   #23
Phelan
CF Newbie

I've never seen a shooting in Japan... crime rate is MUCH lower here than the states, but when I get home and get a car up and running I plan on using athe local track.. just not worth it here since I cant even get a 1/4 mi time from the track. Most ppl here race for fun, there is verry little betting on the races, and when there is, it is usualy for small ammounts just to make things intresting. I'm sure there are ppl here that race for big money, but I dont know any. It's much more about fun and pride.

Old 08-17-2004, 06:45 AM   #24
MaChao
CF Newbie

Let's give Zalight a break. Don't pretend like any of you have never stepped on the gas harder than you ever had to.

It doesn't have to be street racing, just dangerous or reckless driving is just as "stupid." Accidents don't only happen because two people are racing.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:43 AM   #25
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
All right Hobo, i've come to the realization that you won't be able to argue a point without choosing to resort to personal insults, so im going to drop the subject.

by the way... http://www.sandiamotorsports.com/tra...20policies.pdf
The reason you're dropping the subject is I have presented you with facts that refute your entire position. I'll give you credit for being smart enough to realize that but zero points for not being man enough to admit it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #26
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaChao
Let's give Zalight a break. Don't pretend like any of you have never stepped on the gas harder than you ever had to.

It doesn't have to be street racing, just dangerous or reckless driving is just as "stupid." Accidents don't only happen because two people are racing.

ofc we all have stepped hard on the gas. hell, im puerto rican ffs. im sure many americans have met atleast one of us over there in the states (we make a large part of the hispanic population in the USA). we are as big mouthed as we are psychotic drivers.... we dont have any patience. just yesterday, at 6:46am (maybe a bit earlier), some guy in a beat up station wagon (with pep boys exhaust) cut through the sidewalk to take another route, and already got stopped by the cop, which was behind me (red light). ahhh... the joys of my island .

anyhow, im sure everyone here sometimes gets pissed off and slams on the gas to pass up old ppl or female drivers putting make up on. thing is, its how zalight mentions the complete and specific fact of "street racing" and then something about there being an actual "RESPONSIBLE street racing". if it was "responsible" at any given moment, there wouldnt be any laws against it or there just wouldnt be any street racing at all, since that would be the responsible thing to do in the first place. every now n then, i go down the road against some other guy, i laugh, sometimes they laugh, other times they get angry and run off, but im well aware of the circumstances all along. also, i dont go off saying, "hey, i was responsible cuz it was in a light traffic road at 2am while wearing my seatbelt, hurray!".

thats the whole point we are trying to make. also, if u dont wanna drive alot to the nearest track, move down to PR, where it takes around 3 hours to get from Fajardo to Cabo Rojo driving safely n maybe taking a few lights n very light traffic.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:50 PM   #27
Pac127
CF Newbie

Eh...I see some very valid points to the idiocy of street racing. Which obviosly it is not the smartest thing to do. But if I see someone talkin sh*t with a weak little import, im sorry im gonna FLEX NUTS! Well not in my car......my car is kinda slow.....for now. But my buddies TA WS6 (almighty ls1) hauls, so when ever challenged by someone not worthy he FLEXES NUTS! If that makes me and him immature then so be it, but I cant help that I have a healthy supply of testosterone.

Drive it like you stole it! Just dont take any curb checks over 20mph.

They dont sell sports cars for those who drive like old people to buy them(not counting corvettes). So utilize the power under your foot......live a little!
RS = really slow
after swap
RS = ridiculous speed
Pac127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:05 PM   #28
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

It's not a personal attack when it's true. Sometimes people like you need to be slapped to wake the hell up.

No one is "forcing" you to race on the street, simply beceuse no one is "forcing" you to race. If you CHOOSE to race on the street after all the facts given to you, it's because you're a fecking MORON. Can I say it again? MORON. You're too stupid to just control your immature urges.

We're not talking a little goosing it from a light for fun. We're talking street racing, which is a different animal altogether.

Hobo's got it right.

"responsible street racer" is an oxymoron. And street racing like YOU'RE talking about is for immature kids who don't want a timeslip to prove their 12 second Civic runs 16s.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 09:08 PM   #29
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac127

They dont sell sports cars for those who drive like old people to buy them(not counting corvettes). So utilize the power under your foot......live a little!

No, they sell sports cars for use on a track. Right now I live in Baltimore, MD, and I've raced on tracks in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.

When I was living in Seattle, I raced in Seattle, Bremerton, Bellingham, Portland Oregon, and Woodburn, Oregon.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:48 AM   #30
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
"responsible street racer" is an oxymoron. And street racing like YOU'RE talking about is for immature kids who don't want a timeslip to prove their 12 second Civic runs 16s

LOL that is great Chris.