Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2004, 06:40 AM   #31
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

I expected chris to say something like that. Im kinda pleased he did!

I know your a genious when it comes to cars and have also owned like 5 million of them, but like you constantly love to remind everyone on this forum; we are young. A lot of us are under 25 or so. Do you remember yourself at that age? Admit that you weren't the most responsible person in the world. I know thats not an excuse for being a retard on the road and im not trying to make one, but its somewhat of an explanation for our behaivor.

And I didn't say forced, I said kinda forced. Meaning that yes we can go to the track, no we can't afford it.

Im not disrespecting you or anything im just saying that even you must mash the gas on the street every now and then.

Ok, so racing on the street is not responsible, but neither is skipping class or calling in to work just cause you want the day off, but many people do that. I'm not saying its equal, just an analogy. that was the poin of this thread to see if there could be responsible street racing in anyones eyes, aparently not.

Jesus Christ, you gotta really carefully word stuff so as not to piss people off in this place.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:08 AM   #32
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
...you gotta really carefully word stuff so as not to piss people off in this place.

As in real life...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:31 PM   #33
xdclevo
CF Newbie

To the guys whining about it, you oviously never won a street race yet!!!!
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:00 PM   #34
TigerLeigh
CF Newbie

This whole thread is funny...lol , but I like street racing too..

But its just the fact that everyone has there own opinions, whether they are good or bad, that is what this thread was made for, so everyone shouldn't go and get pissed with each other... they should just live with the fact that someone else thinks differently!!! lol

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same!!
TigerLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #35
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLeigh
This whole thread is funny...lol , but I like street racing too..

But its just the fact that everyone has there own opinions, whether they are good or bad, that is what this thread was made for, so everyone shouldn't go and get pissed with each other... they should just live with the fact that someone else thinks differently!!! lol

Serial killers think differently, too. Should we just let them continue? Drug dealers think differently. How about letting them continue? I mean, it's all about having your own opinion, right?

How about arsonists or vandals? jeeze. they just have a differnt opionion on how to treat other people's property than I do, so they might as well ahve their actions protected as just having a different opinion, right?

A gang-banger thinks it's fun to shoot his gun into a crowd. Should we be chastised for simply getting in teh way of someone having fun if we arrest him?

Jesus, people! grow up!

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:51 PM   #36
TigerLeigh
CF Newbie

All I was saying was people didnt need to get pissed off at each other about an opinion about the thread! I was saying grow up!

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same!!
TigerLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:48 PM   #37
SuperJew
I like pie.

no I was saying to grow up!

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:37 PM   #38
DodgeRida67
Banned

First thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was "what dumbass used responsable and street racing in the same sentence?" Street racing is illegal for good reasons. To get idiots like the maker of this thread from being an idiot and getting themselves and others killed. There are no words to explain how stupid someone is to street race. If it's not out on the track - and approved - dont even think about it. If I see some idiot out on the road street racing I'll put a stop to it. I can't believe how STUPID STUPID STUPID people are to get out on a freaking public street and RACE. It's beyond stupid. I could go on about how STUPID it is all day.

Hey HOBO, I knew you were around. My stupidity been pissing you off not being able to set me strait? lol. Miss your insults man. You should seriously consider coming back. We really do need you. We are all to immature and stupid to handle anything here. All we do is whine. So come back. I knew you were around!
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:36 AM   #39
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
First thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was "what dumbass used responsable and street racing in the same sentence?" Street racing is illegal for good reasons. To get idiots like the maker of this thread from being an idiot and getting themselves and others killed. There are no words to explain how stupid someone is to street race. If it's not out on the track - and approved - dont even think about it. If I see some idiot out on the road street racing I'll put a stop to it. I can't believe how STUPID STUPID STUPID people are to get out on a freaking public street and RACE. It's beyond stupid. I could go on about how STUPID it is all day.

I can name a few...

1. The streets aren't prepped for going fast (pavement wise)
2. Debris on the road
3. Pedestrians
4. Other cars
5. Wont have reaction time if an animal jumps out in front of you

just a few quick reasons

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 08:50 AM   #40
xdclevo
CF Newbie

Done properly, in the right spot, by people with "common sense" it can be fun and safe. But of corse there is a flip side to this. There are too many wrong spots for street racing and too many idiots to let it happen. If you have your own little clan that knows how to do it safely, keep it a secret. It will make everone happier.
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:10 AM   #41
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
Done properly, in the right spot, by people with "common sense" it can be fun and safe. But of corse there is a flip side to this. There are too many wrong spots for street racing and too many idiots to let it happen. If you have your own little clan that knows how to do it safely, keep it a secret. It will make everone happier.

That spot is also known as a legal race track. Nothing you say or do can justify street racing being safe. Nightime, daytime, after a nuclear blast and everyone is dead... nada. Since when is driving at night safer? Low visibility, hidden objects(including pedestrians). What the hell are some of you people thinking... Why not just take all the stoplights, road signs, and speed limits down afterdark. You don't need them its safe to drive at night right?

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 02:01 PM   #42
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Unfortunately, these people who think street racing can be safe will not learn the lesson until they actually experience it. And even more unfortunate is that somebody is going to have to get hurt, or die for the lesson to sink in.

Thunderbird1100 listed many of the good reasons why not to street race. The point is, at a track, it is a controled environment from start to finish, in a segregated area, usually with a fence around it.

On the street, you have no control over what is happening down the track. All it takes is for that one person to have to go out at night to get his pregnant wife some pickles and ice cream, come to an intersection, and get plowed by a couple of idiots who thought this part of the road was clear.

It is amazing how fast an accident happens. Until you've been in one, you can not understand. It would be great if you could take our word for it. Were not trying to deny you of some special right. Were trying to save your life and the life of some innocent person.

Race on the track. That's what it's there for.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:10 AM   #43
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Bullshit.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:39 AM   #44
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Quote:

Its all fun.. untill someone ends up killed!. the right spot is off the road! if anyone had any common sense theyd know that!. is there a right spot for racing on the street no. if you wanna race take it to the track. your own lil clan? and im sure it wont make everyone happier espically the cops!

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 12:48 AM   #45
lutz
Top-Hat

I think that something like "Streetracing" can enforce the laws and it's penalties, even for gentlemen whose making a trivial offence. Further mods regulations could getting more strict.

Have A Drink On Me!

lutz is offline   Reply With Quote