Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2004, 01:46 AM   #1
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

Psi

in a supercharger is it better to have a higher PSI number or lower?

Last edited by freeprojectpat : 08-26-2004 at 01:50 AM.
freeprojectpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:23 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeprojectpat
in a supercharger is it better to have a higher PSI number or lower?
I f*cking swear. What kind of question is that? You, and others like you, have absolutely no concept of how a supercharger or turbocharger operates. Why do you waste bandwidth asking silly questions like this. Spend some time learning the operating principles then try it again.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:34 AM   #3
MaChao
CF Newbie

I can't say I know a lot of super/turbochargers either, so I'll take a stab at it.

If the psi is too low, then you're not going to gain as much power from it. But if it is too high, then that will cause faster engine wear and kill your car faster.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:54 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaChao
I can't say I know a lot of super/turbochargers either, so I'll take a stab at it.

If the psi is too low, then you're not going to gain as much power from it. But if it is too high, then that will cause faster engine wear and kill your car faster.
Wrong answer twinkie. Why stab when you can spend your time researching and learning? What a freaking concept.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 08-26-2004, 05:35 AM   #5
MaChao
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Wrong answer twinkie. Why stab when you can spend your time researching and learning? What a freaking concept.

Well that crossed my mind, but I thought I'd have some fun and see if I was right or wrong. Well if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, O wise one.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:11 PM   #6
Mustang90210
CF Enthusiast

Quote:

Someone needs to f*cken chill out, of corse theres a lotta people that are going to ask those kinda questions.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:38 PM   #7
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

Ok genius why dont you answer it then if youre the god of cars. there are some supercharger for sale I was looking at and some said 11psi and others 8psi I was just wondering which ones are better? dont have a heart attack over this one.....BTW this is my way of researching......asking around
Old 08-26-2004, 09:08 PM   #8
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

11psi were cheaper than the 8psi so I though maybe lower psi are better,
Old 08-26-2004, 10:51 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang90210
Someone needs to f*cken chill out, of corse theres a lotta people that are going to ask those kinda questions.
I agree you should chill out. Of course the people who ask "those kinda questions" are mostly mental midgets who can't spell simple words or provide logical explanations as to why they have the screen name they chose.

Side note. The smiley doesn't impress anyone over the age of twelve, no doubt your peer group.

Quote:
Ok genius why dont you answer it then if youre the god of cars. there are some supercharger for sale I was looking at and some said 11psi and others 8psi I was just wondering which ones are better? dont have a heart attack over this one.....BTW this is my way of researching......asking around
Because butt boy, the object is to allow you to actually put forth effort and learn something for yourself. Life isn't about having people spoon feed you. The sooner you learn that little tidbit the better of you'll be.

BTW, this is not researching, this is just asking questions on a forum. Again, research just might take some of your precious time and effort.

Quote:
11psi were cheaper than the 8psi so I though maybe lower psi are better,
Or maybe the 8 psi unit is in better condition. Or maybe the 11 psi unit is missing parts. Or maybe you're just using faulty logic. Yep, that's it, faulty logic.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:56 AM   #10
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

YUP youre gonna get real far in life with that attitude

btw volkswagens SUCK!
Old 08-27-2004, 01:25 AM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
YUP youre gonna get real far in life with that attitude

btw volkswagens SUCK!
Which attitude is that, twinkie. The one that knows that the best way to get ahead in life is to be educated, hard working and independent. Yes, as a matter of fact I can tell you from personal experience that you can go extremely far in life with this attitude, I'm living proof.

If you want to ignorant, uneducated and lazy then by all means do so. That is your prerogative. However if that is the path you choose then be aware that you'll be able to add some more descriptions to that list such as enemployed and homeless.

As for your opinion about Volkswagens, you again are entitled to your opinion no matter how stupid it may be.

Old 08-27-2004, 01:31 AM   #12
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
btw volkswagens SUCK!
That's so f*cking weak.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:18 AM   #13
freeprojectpat
CF Newbie

man i just come on here to chat with people, help people out and be helped....all I asked was a simple PSI question and I get "MR anger managment" here steaming off. Listen dude I dont know what your problem is but a well educated person knows that if (you dont have nothing nice to say, dont say nothing at all) I wish you luck and hope you dont beat your wife or anyhting of that sort..... I recomend you see some kind of counseling and youll feel all better. Now back to my question, I was trying to decide what supercharger to get, the one with 8psi or 11psi? which one is better? the one with 8 is more expensive.....can anyone besides the grump help me out....Id appreciate it thanks...
PS I dont really have a problem with VW their a fine machine, I just said it out of the rage of the moment.....my apologies.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:27 AM   #14
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
man i just come on here to chat with people, help people out and be helped....all I asked was a simple PSI question and I get "MR anger managment" here steaming off. Listen dude I dont know what your problem is but a well educated person knows that if (you dont have nothing nice to say, dont say nothing at all) I wish you luck and hope you dont beat your wife or anyhting of that sort..... I recomend you see some kind of counseling and youll feel all better. Now back to my question, I was trying to decide what supercharger to get, the one with 8psi or 11psi? which one is better? the one with 8 is more expensive.....can anyone besides the grump help me out....Id appreciate it thanks...
PS I dont really have a problem with VW their a fine machine, I just said it out of the rage of the moment.....my apologies.
A couple of things.

First, it looks more like you came here to whine than help and be helped.

Second vwhobo doesn't need any counseling. His attitude is helpful and funny. Only people that are insecure idiots take offence from him. Took me awhile to learn that.

Thirdly if you don't know sh*t about what you are trying to do, don't freaking do it.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:31 AM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Are you really that stupid or are you just trying to look that way. Look at the information or the total lack thereof you've given us to work with. How do you expect anyone to give you a quality answer. My problem is etards like you that aren't willing to put out the effort to at least ask a coherent question, much less work to figure something out for yourself. If you can pull your head out of your anus long enough to read this thread, you'll see I'm the only person who has given you any type of answer to your question.

Quote:
Or maybe the 8 psi unit is in better condition. Or maybe the 11 psi unit is missing parts. Or maybe you're just using faulty logic. Yep, that's it, faulty logic.
I don't care if you like it but that's about the best answer you're going to get with your pathetic excuse for a question.

Last thought. While you're spreading around what a well educated person knows (you must have guessed because you don't fit the description), here's something for you to put in your pipe and smoke. It might be smart to be nice but it's definitely nice to be smart.