Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2002, 05:09 PM   #1
MatthewC

???No Clue what to do???

Hey Guys and Gals... Im 16 and am shopping for a car... with a ton of work money I've saved and a little help from parents Ive come up with $16,000. And I have no clue about cars or what car to get... Any suggestions would be nice...
Here are my specifications:
Under 16,000 of course
at least somewhat sporty
reliable
low mileage

I was told buying a civic and then maybe adding new rims, sound system, and maybe a muffler and body kit would be a good idea

any suggestions would help
thanks

-matt
Old 10-01-2002, 02:32 AM   #2

Hello there Matt. I'm new here but I still think that a civic is a good way to go. Since they're still hot now, the prices would be about $5000-$6000. With the rest of your money, you could get new coilovers, exhaust, rims, bodykit, and a good turbo. You probably know all of this but you could just get a beater car for now and save up for a better car, like a WRX (about $25,000). If you like turbo and AWD you should definitly take this car into consideration.

It's your money, your car, your choice.

BTW: If you want to put mods on your car, plz DON'T get altezzas!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 05:10 AM   #3

What I think you should do is get a 91 Mustang. That will only run you about 1000-5000. The with the rest of your money spend it on a supercharger. Also Pony rims. JL audio system and header and H pipes...
Thats what I would get but once again if you like AWD then save a couple thousand more and go for the WRX
Old 10-19-2002, 09:51 PM   #4

I would go for a nice relieble volvo or saab... (secondhand, of course)...
they look good, are reliable, and are the safest cars affordable...
the only problem is that I don't know how expancive they are in your environement...