Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2002, 06:24 PM   #1
Unfedfat
Site Admin

What do people think of the new Liberty?

Well, how do you feel about it?
I kinda like it, though seeing the Cherokee die is a bummer. I talked to couple o people and i think i'm the only one who likes it. I actually like the new styling, seems very Jeep-ish. As long as it really can make the Rubicon trail, I give it an overall thumbs up (but not for the 4cyl version!)

here some nice Liberty wallpapers
http://www.jeep.com/liberty/gallery/wallpaper.html
Unfedfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 06:27 PM   #2

It's not bad, I think the grille should be more like the cherokee, but it's a neat idea. Give it a few years, I think I'll really like it.
Old 05-04-2002, 06:35 PM   #3

I don't really like them. I think they are kinda ugly and plastic looking.And as for the I-4 version, I don't even know why jeep offers the 4 popper, the inline 6 is so much better for everything except fuel economy
Old 05-04-2002, 06:44 PM   #4

personally i don't care much for it, as far as the engine goes, the i-6 is history replaced with a v-6. with more hp but less torque. also the liberty is the first jeep ever manufactured with independent front suspension. for most people it doesn't matter since it never sees off road use anyways, but solid axles in my opinion do better offroad which is why i personally bought my jeep to begin with. you can get more articulation with a solid axle by disconnectino the sway bars, but your limited with a set length of articulation on a ifs. also much easier to work on. however, on road ride is smoother. as far as looks go, it looks to be smaller than the cherokee but definately taller. not bad but i'm kinda partial to my cherokee i guess. i'm pretty sure there going to make a lot of money off of it, seeing how there going after a whole new bigger market. like i said, most people never offroad there jeep anyways. i am not saying it sucks offroad because i'm sure it's capable, but compared to the cherokee, i don't think it'll do as well. just my opinion.
Old 05-04-2002, 07:10 PM   #5

Not bad as a concept, but I think they'll have to work on it to actually sell it. The tires are the obvious thing to change (duh) and blee89xj said all I would say and more...so, there ya have it.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:47 AM   #6

I just got one thing to say, what's with the "box" design?!