Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2004, 06:45 PM   #16
Wonderbread7608
CF Newbie

dont drift, and you wont do that to your car. The dent is skinny, so it was like a tree, or pole or something. And it is in the door, so he was going sideways.

another skyline engine for the silvias
Wonderbread7608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 09:56 PM   #17
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
i want to own the biggest the baddest car in the city, no thats not my future thats the future of the guys who cant drive
Maybe not. But keep in mind, if you go over the speed limit, you officially can't drive. But I'm not stupid, I know why people want fast cars. To go fast, obviously. Although, some want them to just have a bad car. That leads to proving yourself with the car, which ends you dead and your car wrapped around a pole.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 03:18 AM   #18
TigerLeigh
CF Newbie

Quote:
hey i am wondering what kind of car i should buy next i want SPEED which should i buy 97 toyota supra or a Nissan Syline... which engine is better which has more hp which is faster which can i make faster? which will be cheaper to make faster?
thanx

I say Supra!!

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same!!
TigerLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:51 AM   #19
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
i want to own the biggest the baddest car in the city, no thats not my future thats the future of the guys who cant drive

Dude, your not gonna own the biggest and badest car. There will always be somone out there that has something better than you... Besides the point. A Skyline and or Supra are hella far from being the badest cars on the road. Hell they are the two most overatted jap imports. Until you fix them up(wich cost an extreme ammount of money) none of the cars are that impressive stock or with a decent $8K invested, trap wise(wich just so happens to be what determines big and bad on the streets).

They are not bad cars, to each its own, just not something to be in awe about. I would'nt flaunt my stock Supra or Skyline, so some guy in a true badass import, like an M5 or Audi A8, could show me out. Hell I've seen people get madly embarassed in Supras by Camaro's with just headers. So if you do desire to posess a Skyline that bad, go for it. Just don't drive arround like your shit don't stank. Cause eventually somone will shove your face in it.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 06:24 AM   #20
VMJYogi
CF Addict

well i kinda think everyones a lil confused here....
Ur saying you have @ least 30k to buy the supra...
ur kinda saying u have 80k to import the skyline...
ur also saying you want the baddest car out there even though u were told mods would be expensive....

hell this kids rich! i'd say the AWD skyline you wanna prove ur bad then do it on a rainy ass day when there is no traffic for you to kill people. Then u can show what u got and even if ur car is slower the traction helps massively. and if u screw up ur only killing urself!

if u can afford these cars like its nothing then u can afford to hook them up as well. have fun. keep away from chicago.

NOte: you better save money for the hospital bills.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy

Last edited by VMJYogi : 08-30-2004 at 06:28 AM.
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:53 PM   #21
Car Nirvana
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Until you fix them up(wich cost an extreme ammount of money) none of the cars are that impressive stock.
I would say your wrong saying that about the skyline considering the GT-R held the record for the fastest time for a production car to lap the Nurburgring from (I think) 1994 - 2004

Noble M400 = Good bye M3 CSL and 911 GT3
M400 Lap time 52.60sec
911 GT3 Lap time 54.20sec
M3 CSL Lap time 54.75sec

And just for you Cliffy.....
M400 On the road 18/20
M3 CSL On the road 12/20
Review from Autocar
Car Nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 02:12 AM   #22
57ock
CF Addict

Quote:

Its ok to dream and wish for things.

Stock form both the Skyline and Supra are great cars. They handle very well and you need to be doing something stupid to lose control and write one off.

But unfortunately, I have seen so many young people destroy their lives with highly modified cars.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:49 AM   #23
my sentra
CF Newbie

skyline ****ed supra

Quote:
hey i am wondering what kind of car i should buy next i want SPEED which should i buy 97 toyota supra or a Nissan Syline... which engine is better which has more hp which is faster which can i make faster? which will be cheaper to make faster?
thanx

man, just by looking, skyline is much better than supra, and if your brother have a skyline, you should buy a same one and kick his ass,
my sentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:58 AM   #24
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Quote:
thanx

which engine is better? what engine we talking about the RB26DETT and 2JZ ?
Whats better mean? more reliable???
Which has more hp... well there both restricted to 280BHP under the "Gentleman's Agreement" Japanese automakers cannot develop vehicles exceeding 280 horsepower.

I know the European version of the Supra RZ puts out about 325BHP

as for cost a supra is cheaper to buy.. but not so much cheaper to mod.. toyotas TRD parts are certainly top end prices.. . But then again...
just what BHP are you looking at? if you want 1000+BHP cos you thought it looked wicked in a magazine think about the 120,000+ its going to cost!

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year

Last edited by Lukaz : 09-16-2004 at 10:01 AM.
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 01:43 PM   #25
351ci-mustang
CF Newbie

skyline

i would get a skyline. and you dont have to get it imported i mean i seen one in the penny saver probly about 90 grand but if i had the money i would get it
351ci-mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #26
chichi
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351ci-mustang
i would get a skyline. and you dont have to get it imported i mean i seen one in the penny saver probly about 90 grand but if i had the money i would get it

Used Skylines R33 are only like 30k and i saw a souped up r34 for like 45k.if i get enough money maybe ill get a skyline for my first car. im not too worried about the speed as long as the body looks good.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:34 PM   #27
High Octane
CF Newbie

i dont know how all of you guys are getting these rip off prices of 90k for a skyline. if you want to get a reletively affordable skyline go to Motorex.net. the most expensive skyline there is like 50k, and they have practically no mileage and they are bone stock (i find that a plus)

as for the supra i want to get one within the next 6-8 years. mk4 baby, YEAH!!
High Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 08:43 PM   #28
s13_Drifter
CF Newbie

Im saying the skyline is better, im just assuming we're talking about the GTR. The Rb26dett is better than the 2jz, by far. The Rb can reach more rpms and can has more power. If you wanna look at cars themselves instead of just the engines, I would say the skyline is better also, mainly because it is AWD and the supra is RWD.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:29 PM   #29
darksain
CF Newbie

Exclamation awsome car!!

<URL Removed>

Last edited by SuperJew : 09-20-2004 at 09:44 PM.
darksain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:34 PM   #30
Desten
CF Newbie

Hun, if you knew your cars you would go with the Supra!!
I am a Supra owner and OMG these cars are sexy, they can get over 1300hp, got nice cruves, they run great, handle great, and you can do things to it at a very cheap price!!!

Desten is offline   Reply With Quote