CF Newbie

i'd say supra with a trd bodykit

Discuss the worlds largest Online Marketplace
http://www.ebay4um.com
alex_s249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:27 AM   #32
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i guess since ive only ridden in a supra, id have to say sypra... i came close to riding in a skyline, but the dude had to go somewhere... big time bummer...
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:22 AM   #33
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
i guess since ive only ridden in a supra, id have to say sypra... i came close to riding in a skyline, but the dude had to go somewhere... big time bummer...

Trust me, you were'nt missing out on anything THAT big. Some people make such a big fuss about Skylines it kinda takes away from the prestiege of the car. Wich is exactly why I'm against its selling in America. What we don't need is any more rich boy teenagers driving arround in cars they "think" are oh so godly; attempting to flex their muscles and loosing control of something they never had the skills to grab in the first place.

Skyline or Supra, I say neither. You can go with a far better car than those two. I'm actually getting sick of everyone who thinks they can street race wanting to purchase a Skyline or Supra. Cut the crap buddys. You most likley don't have the money to import a Skyline, and barley have enough to purchase the Supra you "think" you want. Iono why this kid even started this thread, he obviously has no sense over these two cars n definetly should NOT be allowed to own or drive either one. Especially if he wants to buy a Skyline out of spite with intentions "smoke" his brother.

I beleive this is the thread that I posted the picture of the wrecked R34. Yes, on further inspection it is. Far to many immature people want to own cars to grown up for their experience. Then you get people who come in here n post irrelivant bolonoga sausage like "go for the supra with a TRD body kit". Does this guy even know why you might wanna put a TRD aero package on a Supra? What TRD even is, or any relevance to why the Supra would be oh so much better with a TRD kit on it? Or did he just open up a Import2NR magazine and see a company with a Supra on the advertisement and decide to express his oh so valuble input?

Now I see why vwhobo gets as angry as he does. There are far to many ignorant people who post stuff here and I refuse to concede to ignorance. Ignorance is the reason why so many kids die in racing accidents, and probably why the import culture has such a bad gripe with "real" car guys. Far to many misinformed kids, n stuff needs to start getting straightened...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:45 PM   #34
patchy
CF Newbie

Smile My Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
i am 17 years old, i get my money out of the bank when i turn 18 and then im going to buy a supra or a skyline rb26dett vs. 2jz-gte which can i make go faster????????? i live in missouri! united states

It depends if the Supra is RZ or not, RZ is the best for the supra and it also depends is you want a GTR for ur skyline... R32 GTR skyline with RB26DETT stock on 1/4mile goes around 12.80 seconds and the Supra RZ 2JZ gets around 13.90... Supra does look nice but if ur going for speed go the R32 GTR.. That will coast ya around 10-20thousand...dont really know in the States tho.
patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #35
351ci-mustang
CF Newbie

yeah supras are great cars.... to surpase or go beyond but a 2jz nissan skyline i would rather have i mean how many skylines do you really see compared to supras. and skylines just look so good
351ci-mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:26 PM   #36
Inygknok
El del Supra

oh boy.... not another one of these threads...... leave the poor cars alone already..... ive seen enough crashes already

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #37
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
oh boy.... not another one of these threads...... leave the poor cars alone already..... ive seen enough crashes already

My gosh Inygknok I've been preaching it. You see it and you own a Supra. Its a shame how such ignorant statements about two cars can give them such a reputation as they do have now. I mean look at this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchy
It depends if the Supra is RZ or not, RZ is the best for the supra and it also depends is you want a GTR for ur skyline... R32 GTR skyline with RB26DETT stock on 1/4mile goes around 12.80 seconds and the Supra RZ 2JZ gets around 13.90... Supra does look nice but if ur going for speed go the R32 GTR.. That will coast ya around 10-20thousand...dont really know in the States tho.

Our efforts do nothing. I type up a fairly decent ammount of scentences about how you should'nt say anthing about the cars if you don't know anything about them. Then here this guy goes "claiming" that Skyline R32 GTR's cost $10-$20K(wich he is'nt for sure so why post in the first place). He also begins to base his entire reasoning for choosing a GTR for speed and its quartermile time. I don't know about him, but a good majority of a daily driver cars life is spent below 50MPH. Ugh, I can't continue. The ignorance boggles me...

Old 09-24-2004, 09:58 AM   #38
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Between A supra RZ and a skyline GTR R34 its a close call..

But i much prefer the Supra RZ with its 2JZ-GTE twin turbo 3.0 litre engine, that has more than enough to put a smile on most peoples faces.

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:09 PM   #39
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukaz
Between A supra RZ and a skyline GTR R34 its a close call..

But i much prefer the Supra RZ with its 2JZ-GTE twin turbo 3.0 litre engine, that has more than enough to put a smile on most peoples faces.

Yeah, is that so? For some odd reason when you post you absurd reasonings for why you would choose a Supra. It makes me frown, because you don't have any clue.

"Daddy, ignorance makes baby jesus cry"

Old 10-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #40
Corey
CF Newbie

ok w.e.

ok dmsr....the goal here is to get a small engine..........keyword SMALL engine....to beat a skyline...on the qm....so what 4 cylinder do u reccomend? i have about 12 k to dump on the engine so a parts list from you mght be helpful too.....
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:51 PM   #41
XujinkoSky
CF Newbie

This is just from my perspective and is not necessarily that of anybody else, however, I would go for the Skyline for three reasons.

A) Performance.
B) Badass Look.
C) Reliability.

Now, granted, reliability will take a huge hit of you mod it out and add more HP and all that good stuff, though, me personally, I am not worried about speed relativally. I am more for looks and the OVERALL performance:reliability ratio. I don't want either of them to weigh the other out because, unless you are making a circuit car which I intend to do in the long long run, it is pointless. You will beat your engine with an iron if you mod it out for sheer speed, and you're not going to use any of it. I live in Missouri and I know how crowded the roads can get. Getting a Skyline here for Speed is POINTLESS, unless you live in the country which still is way too rocky for high speeds anyway.

So I would go for the skyline (R34, which cannot be imported yet by MotoRex) for those three points, but it is your call. I am not rich so it will take me a long time to get up the funds to buy such a beautiful car, but you seem to be financially stable so do what you want. Look around a bit, ask professionals in the field for an unbias answer (make sure to ask more than just 1 or 2 because they may lean to one or the other side). Read books, informative magazines and ask around other forums ( I recommend automotiveforums.com).

So Corey, you want a Skyline, think again. What you want is a Skyline for speed. Speed is not neccessarily the selling ticket. You have speed and sacrifice reliability. Just wait until your brakes **** up while going 170 down the highway. Expect to spend more on tune ups and fixing your car rather than spending to mod it out like crazy.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, on the Supra, I don't know enough to judge but from what I've seen (videos of drags and circuit runs) it is a great car when tuned properly and it looks very nice stock (atleast I think so). So just follow my advie, and go from there.
XujinkoSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 05:21 AM   #42
Corey
CF Newbie

thanks XuJinkoSky for answering my question and giving me a reason why i should and not being a complete B*TCH about it like DMSr and calling me ignorant
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 05:32 AM   #43
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

ok, here we go...
KDR30... 83 or 84 skyline...

'nuf said... its the car to end this thread...
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:57 AM   #44
VertigoPills
CF Newbie

Exclamation uhh..

Skylines are expensive and take a lot of money to mod. Supras on the other hand are cheaperto buy and to upgrade, and can compare to a skyline with LESS MONEY INVESTED. and comon, it's Toyota! Expensive doesn't always mean superior.
VertigoPills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:13 PM   #45
Hooligan
CF Newbie

I agree with you, VertigoPills, higher cost doesn't mean the car's good.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote