Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2004, 03:13 PM   #46
XujinkoSky
CF Newbie

I also agree with you Pill, however, Supras cost about 10k less than a Skyline does in Japan, depending on the model. A buddy of my brothers is in Japan and he saw a Skyline R34 GT-R for about 55K. A nice Supra, as I've been told, costs approximately around 25-35K, depending on what you want added, taken out, etc.

I don't know the exact numbers but what REALLY makes Skylines expensive is the importation of the Skyline, taking 16-25K at the minimum. They also charge for making your Skyline legal. I haven't looked into MotoRex's complete pricing guide but if you want to know Corey, I think the site is www.motorex.com . Also, You can buy an already legal Skyline from either MotoRex or RBMotoring, the sites are complimentory to their names. I recommend doing that if you want to just have a Skyline, but again I don't know the exact details of it all.

A buddy of my brother's, who is a Sargeant, had an R33 GT-R (Not sure if V-Spec or not) and paid about 35K for it. So it is scale where the Skyline may be priced a bit higher, it isn't too much when looking at bone stock without any of the legal affairs added.
XujinkoSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:07 AM   #47
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
thanks XuJinkoSky for answering my question and giving me a reason why i should and not being a complete B*TCH about it like DMSr and calling me ignorant

You'd be best to take have to my advice, because XuJinkoSky does'nt know shit about anything related to cars. He did'nt even answer your qestion, he rambled on some complelty irrelivant bullshit about why he would want an R34. Then he goes on about some other shit that hes seen Supras in drag races. Well thats alot of bullshit, because hes to blind sided on expensive Japanees cars you wan't to respect his opinon? Well let me just tell you, if you can't seem to accept the truth, then don'nt bother asking for it. While I've never actually driven a Skyline, I've been arround enough of them and people who own them to know more than right from wrong. I've also not only driven very powerful Supras but I've been under them also. So if you wanna call be a bitch, go ahead. Its not my fault for telling the truth, you asked for it.

Anywhos you challenged me to some sort of wich 4 banger could outperform a Skyline on the quartermile. Well for starters an EvoVIII, STi. Both of wich cost WAYYY under what it would cost to import a Skyline that would even weight up to them in competition(the R34 GTR). How about a 350Z, RX-7? Almost anything on AWD platform and RWD with high output engines could compete with a Skyline. If you want to get crazy you could go with a G35 AWD Sedan or G35 Coupe RWD 6-Speed. The G35 is the same thing as a 300GT or 350GT-8 (R35 Sedan and Coupe). As a matter of fact the G35 produces more power than the 350GT-8(What would be the R35 Coupe) at only 268.0 bhp @ 6000RPM and the 300GT(what would be the the R35 Sedan) at 260.0 bhp @ 64000RPM. The Infini G35 not only cost less but it overpowers both the R34 and R35, and with the money you saved you could pay for TEIN suspension upgrades to get the G35 to track-like conditions.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 10:47 PM   #48
zook83
CF Newbie

Hey guys! Stop saying Skylines! You are talking about GT-Rs right?
Skyline and GT-R are two different cars.
Skyline is the original name for Infiniti G35 in Japan.
You can buy a Skyline for $30K here in the U.S.

Anyways, I would go for a SupraTT, GT-R isn't worth the money.
But, if you wanna a GT-R in this country, wait till 2007!
Visit here for some info
http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?...age_num ber=1
zook83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 06:43 AM   #49
SUPRA'S ARE GAY
Banned

Supra's Are Gay, Get A Laser.
SUPRA'S ARE GAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 08:55 AM   #50
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by zook83
Hey guys! Stop saying Skylines! You are talking about GT-Rs right?
Skyline and GT-R are two different cars.
Skyline is the original name for Infiniti G35 in Japan.
You can buy a Skyline for $30K here in the U.S.

Anyways, I would go for a SupraTT, GT-R isn't worth the money.
But, if you wanna a GT-R in this country, wait till 2007!
Visit here for some info
http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?...age_num ber=1
Hey dumbass! Shut the hell up!

The ammount of stupidity you have posted in a mere 5 scentences takes my breath away. How in the hell did you manage to wake up this morning? People as stupid as you are should'nt have the mental capacity to breath in their sleep.

While many cars use the GTR badge, a Skyline GT-R and Skyline are merely different trims of the SAME CAR. I have no idea who in the hell told you that a GTR and a Skyline are two completley different cars, but it only leads me to believe that they were either as stupid as you are or you're just to god damn stupid to read stuff correctly.

Skyline is the original name for the G35 in Japan? What the hell? Go hang yourself. You could'nt be more far from the truth. Infiniti G35, Nissan Skyline. Let me run that by you again just in case you did'nt catch the difference >>>INFINITI<<< G35, >>>NISSAN<<< Skyline. Where the hell are you getting this information? Who told you this? The two share almost identical chassi, engine, and body form, but they are NOT the same car and the names have no direct correlation whatsoever.

No one cares what you would go for. You're so damn misinformed your opinion could'nt be worth stank on a monkeys ass. Again, I think its been well established that Skylines cost lots of money. Oh but thats right you're a dumbass. So I guess all the relevant information of Skyline pricing that was posted does'nt matter so long as your opinion is heard. Do you even know what a SupraTT is(commonly known as SupraRZ)? Or is that one of those completly different cars than a Supra?

Old 10-26-2004, 01:58 AM   #51
zook83
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Hey dumbass! Shut the hell up!

The ammount of stupidity you have posted in a mere 5 scentences takes my breath away. How in the hell did you manage to wake up this morning? People as stupid as you are should'nt have the mental capacity to breath in their sleep.

While many cars use the GTR badge, a Skyline GT-R and Skyline are merely different trims of the SAME CAR. I have no idea who in the hell told you that a GTR and a Skyline are two completley different cars, but it only leads me to believe that they were either as stupid as you are or you're just to god damn stupid to read stuff correctly.

Skyline is the original name for the G35 in Japan? What the hell? Go hang yourself. You could'nt be more far from the truth. Infiniti G35, Nissan Skyline. Let me run that by you again just in case you did'nt catch the difference >>>INFINITI<<< G35, >>>NISSAN<<< Skyline. Where the hell are you getting this information? Who told you this? The two share almost identical chassi, engine, and body form, but they are NOT the same car and the names have no direct correlation whatsoever.

No one cares what you would go for. You're so damn misinformed your opinion could'nt be worth stank on a monkeys ass. Again, I think its been well established that Skylines cost lots of money. Oh but thats right you're a dumbass. So I guess all the relevant information of Skyline pricing that was posted does'nt matter so long as your opinion is heard. Do you even know what a SupraTT is(commonly known as SupraRZ)? Or is that one of those completly different cars than a Supra?

What does this car look like to you

go to
http://skyline.nissan.co.jp/
Old 10-26-2004, 02:33 AM   #52
MastahJuice
CF Newbie

Supras and Skylines are both great cars, but if you wanna save yourself a lot of money, get an FD ('93-'95 Mazda RX7). They're easier to find, but they're high maintenence if you don't do the reliability upgrades. http://www.turborx7.com/recomend.htm

...Plus they look hotter!
MastahJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:34 AM   #53
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Its appears to be an R35 Skyline coupe. I'm sorry man, but you're a dumbass. I've allready told you factual information. The Skyline R35 and Infiniti G35, while built on the same platforms, ARE NOT THE SAME CARS. Haha, another e-tard ricer kid trying to proove how smart he is. Not knowing two shits of a rats ass of ANYTHING relating to a Skyline.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:46 PM   #54
57ock
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Its appears to be an R35 Skyline coupe. I'm sorry man, but you're a dumbass. I've allready told you factual information. The Skyline R35 and Infiniti G35, while built on the same platforms, ARE NOT THE SAME CARS. Haha, another e-tard ricer kid trying to proove how smart he is. Not knowing two shits of a rats ass of ANYTHING relating to a Skyline.

Your yet to prove how smart you are! Your a very good copy and paste magazine person which is all your knowledge is limited too. So be nice to the chaps.

Cause I take pleasure in hanging shit on people who think they know it all!

A good example of a rebadged car is the 90's model Soarer. Sold in Japan as a soarer, yet a lexus in Australia. Only difference is the badges and price tag.

As for R35 and G35 in Australia.. There almost the same car. One has more equipment and different name.

But zook83 is wrong about the Skyline and Skyline GT-R been two different cars. There just different models of the same car.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:49 AM   #55
nektratta
CF Newbie

go with a skyline the all wheel drive will be more of a pay off in the end and it will handle the power better overall
Old 10-27-2004, 04:41 AM   #56
zook83
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Your yet to prove how smart you are! Your a very good copy and paste magazine person which is all your knowledge is limited too. So be nice to the chaps.

A good example of a rebadged car is the 90's model Soarer. Sold in Japan as a soarer, yet a lexus in Australia. Only difference is the badges and price tag.

As for R35 and G35 in Australia.. There almost the same car. One has more equipment and different name.

But zook83 is wrong about the Skyline and Skyline GT-R been two different cars. There just different models of the same car.

Allright, all Skylines are same cars. I just personaly consider them different.
But the point I was trying to make was when you guys say skyline,
you ve got to tell exactly which one and which year you re talking about.
Simply Skyline could be the base Skyline, GTS, GTR, R32,33,34,35...

Yes, rebadging a car is common. but I believe Infiniti and Acura brand only exist in the U.S. Is that true?
Old 10-27-2004, 05:36 AM   #57
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Hmm... I can only laugh at your ignorance. Haha Magazine and copy paste. I forget you're an aussie. That says alot about your autmotive experience.

Are you aware that by attempting to "hang shit" on people who think they know it all only implies that you also think you know it all? Oh but thats right you would'nt know any better you're just a dumb Aussie.

Ok and....

In Australia eh? Again, I've allready stated that they are similar, but not the same.

This is'nt relevant to anything. We have allready established that.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #58
Skylinewanted
CF Newbie

first off how much money are you talking about ans second if its under 7k your out of luck
Skylinewanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 12:08 AM   #59
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinewanted
first off how much money are you talking about ans second if its under 7k your out of luck

I don't think he care anymore.......

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:57 AM   #60
NaSk8891
CF Newbie

wtf lol this thread went from a simple question to an argument im new here and if i post questions id rather not have to read through bs like that to find my answer
NaSk8891 is offline   Reply With Quote