Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2005, 10:34 AM   #61
EC Performance
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Get the Supra and save yourself $50k. Getting a Skyline imported to the U.S. is ABSOLUTELY pointless. Hell, if anyone wants a Skyline that bad wait until the 2007 model year when the R36 platform is brought over here and get some turbo or V-8 power which is absent on out current R35 platform (G35) Skyline we get now.

If you know where to go to get a skyline, its not that expensive. I myself have a 96 GTS and it was under 20,000 total. Yes i have connections, Yes we import alot, but no, its not that much diffirent for anyone else. It just really depends on where you go.

But both motors are the best as far as import motors go. they are japans finest. tough choice, but i would rather have a car that is driven alot be left hand drive and not right. Confusing at time, alot of times.
EC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:53 PM   #62
Alpha Lobo
CF Newbie

skyline all the way
Old 01-20-2005, 06:01 PM   #63
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Lobo
skyline all the way

Why? A skyline GTS costs 20,000 WITH connecions, while a used cobra is like 15 grand, and it's faster stock. Or how about a camaro z28 stock, it's faster and cheaper, so much so that you can put in a supercharger with the extra 10 grand, and still have money left over for further upgrades. Skylines are too expensive for the casual owner, but for rich people, like those at exvitermini.com, it's definitly worth it.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #64
Who?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
Why? A skyline GTS costs 20,000 WITH connecions, while a used cobra is like 15 grand, and it's faster stock. Or how about a camaro z28 stock, it's faster and cheaper, so much so that you can put in a supercharger with the extra 10 grand, and still have money left over for further upgrades. Skylines are too expensive for the casual owner, but for rich people, like those at exvitermini.com, it's definitly worth it.

It would also depend on where you intend to drive it. If its long straight roads all day, then you are wasting your time with the Skyline.

I live where an hour out of town the hills and corners are abundant and that is where the Skylines shine.
Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:48 PM   #65
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?
It would also depend on where you intend to drive it. If its long straight roads all day, then you are wasting your time with the Skyline.

I live where an hour out of town the hills and corners are abundant and that is where the Skylines shine.

ATTESSA forever, but I would rather have someting like an elise for cornering and in the hills of mountains. less weight = better cornering.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:42 PM   #66
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
corners are abundant and that is where the Skylines shine.

That's right.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:43 PM   #67
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Your yet to prove how smart you are! Your a very good copy and paste magazine person which is all your knowledge is limited too. So be nice to the chaps.
Hmm... I can only laugh at your ignorance. Haha Magazine and copy paste. I forget you're an aussie. That says alot about your autmotive experience.

Cause I take pleasure in hanging shit on people who think they know it all!
Are you aware that by attempting to "hang shit" on people who think they know it all only implies that you also think you know it all? Oh but thats right you would'nt know any better you're just a dumb Aussie.

A good example of a rebadged car is the 90's model Soarer. Sold in Japan as a soarer, yet a lexus in Australia. Only difference is the badges and price tag.
Ok and....

As for R35 and G35 in Australia.. There almost the same car. One has more equipment and different name.
In Australia eh? Again, I've allready stated that they are similar, but not the same.

But zook83 is wrong about the Skyline and Skyline GT-R been two different cars. There just different models of the same car.
This is'nt relevant to anything. We have allready established that.

DSmer there are two types of people in the world, those who are Australian and those that wish they were Australian. Insofar as Australians being dumb, you could well be correct, but I would suggest that if you ever visited our country the average IQ of your home town and Oz would drop even more.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 11:46 PM   #68
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
ATTESSA forever, but I would rather have someting like an elise for cornering and in the hills of mountains. less weight = better cornering.

Yes that is true, thats one of the drawbacks of the skyline it's weight but it's a car made for the circuit anyway, not really for the mountains where weight is a big factor.

Last edited by GreekWarrior : 01-20-2005 at 11:49 PM.
GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 01:04 AM   #69
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by zook83
Hey guys! Stop saying Skylines! You are talking about GT-Rs right?
Skyline and GT-R are two different cars.
Skyline is the original name for Infiniti G35 in Japan.
You can buy a Skyline for $30K here in the U.S.

Anyways, I would go for a SupraTT, GT-R isn't worth the money.
But, if you wanna a GT-R in this country, wait till 2007!
Visit here for some info
http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?...age_num ber=1

There are different Skylines. For instance the R32s are generally RWD. But then you have the AWD GTS4 and GT-R. Then you have different spec DET engines.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:58 AM   #70
Who?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
There are different Skylines. For instance the R32s are generally RWD. But then you have the AWD GTS4 and GT-R. Then you have different spec DET engines.

Skylines are either RWD or AWD. There is no FWD Skyline. For an explanation of the different engines used in the Skylines do a google search. (It seems we are not allowed to link to other sites so can't give you any pointers).
Old 01-21-2005, 05:20 AM   #71
Who?
Banned

Quote:
Its appears to be an R35 Skyline coupe. I'm sorry man, but you're a dumbass. I've allready told you factual information. The Skyline R35 and Infiniti G35, while built on the same platforms, ARE NOT THE SAME CARS. Haha, another e-tard ricer kid trying to proove how smart he is. Not knowing two shits of a rats ass of ANYTHING relating to a Skyline.

err...there is no R35 Skyline. Its a V35 Skyline.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:38 AM   #72
Who?
Banned

Quote:
...The G35 is the same thing as a 300GT or 350GT-8 (R35 Sedan and Coupe). As a matter of fact the G35 produces more power than the 350GT-8(What would be the R35 Coupe) at only 268.0 bhp @ 6000RPM and the 300GT(what would be the the R35 Sedan) at 260.0 bhp @ 64000RPM. The Infini G35 not only cost less but it overpowers both the R34 and R35, and with the money you saved you could pay for TEIN suspension upgrades to get the G35 to track-like conditions.

From the spec sheet, my R34 GTt produces 206 kWs (276 hp) at 6400 rpm (which is the Japanese gentlemans agreement max power) and 363 Nm torque at 3200 rpm. This is stock without any mods. The spec sheet from the Nissan web site quotes the power output of the most recent incarnation of the VQ35 engine as used in the 350Z and V35 Skylines also at the 206 kWs.

The 300GT (which no longer comes up on the Nissan Japan site) was a VQ30 V35 Skyline which had lower power output. I think it was around 250 hp but am not sure. They only offer the 2.5l VQ25 and 3.5l VQ35 engines in the V35 Skyline sedan, and VQ35 only in the V35 Skyline coupe.

I would agree to changing the suspension as I have HKS Hiper Dampers fitted with adjustable damper and a lower ride height.

Last edited by Who? : 01-21-2005 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #73
Who?
Banned

Can we put the Aussie bashing back into the racial discrimination cupboard.

There are some good Aussie made engines and cars. One at least which has been good enough to be rebadged as an American muscle car. How many Pontiac GTO owners know their pride and joy is an Aussie job

Pontiac... http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.jsp...&pagename=home

Monaro... http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...?modelid=12001
Old 01-21-2005, 09:28 PM   #74
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Can we put the Aussie bashing back into the racial discrimination cupboard.

There are some good Aussie made engines and cars. One at least which has been good enough to be rebadged as an American muscle car. How many Pontiac GTO owners know their pride and joy is an Aussie job

Pontiac... http://www.pontiac.com/gto/index.jsp...&pagename=home

Monaro... http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...?modelid=12001

yah, you bring up a valid point, it's just that a while ago, there was this one guy named scarecrow who gave all aussies a bad name.
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8142
I don't think that we're all anti-australian though.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:16 PM   #75
Who?
Banned

Fairy Nuff. Not been here long enough to understand the history.