Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2004, 05:22 AM   #1
Kris
CF Newbie

2001 camaro SS?

Hi i was wondering if I should get a muscle car liek the camaro ss 2001 or one of those cheap ricers liek the nissan 240sx? i love the muscle car shound and i want a camaro ss. Can you guys tell me the price range and why its a great car. AND WILL IT BREAT A CIVIC WITH EXAUST AND TURBO?!?!
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:56 PM   #2
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris
Hi i was wondering if I should get a muscle car liek the camaro ss 2001 or one of those cheap ricers liek the nissan 240sx? i love the muscle car shound and i want a camaro ss. Can you guys tell me the price range and why its a great car. AND WILL IT BREAT A CIVIC WITH EXAUST AND TURBO?!?!
This is probably going to start controversy, but I wouldn't call Camaros muscle cars, just rather fast cars.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
This is probably going to start controversy, but I wouldn't call Camaros muscle cars, just rather fast cars.

Correct, Camaros are PONY cars, like the Mustang.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 06:35 PM   #4
Kris
CF Newbie

I wouldent say so it people talk about it when they mention popular muscle cars they include the mustang and camaro. And plus it is a v-8 big engine which makes it a muscle car. Camaro is definetly a muscle can just like the mustang.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
I wouldent say so it people talk about it when they mention popular muscle cars they include the mustang and camaro. And plus it is a v-8 big engine which makes it a muscle car. Camaro is definetly a muscle can just like the mustang.
Look numb nuts, even on the mustang commercials they reffer to mustangs as "the original pony car"
Old 08-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Muscle cars have TWO main things to be classified as muscle cars.

A. Big Block Engine
B. Intermediate/large car.

The Camaro and Mustang only touched one of these aspects. Need both to be considered a muslce car.

Also, the Camaro/Mustangs of these years AREN'T even qualified in the the first category...since they have small block engines.

~Blow your mind~

Old 08-29-2004, 03:47 AM   #7
Kris
CF Newbie

ok god dam ok is this car good or not!!!
Old 08-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
ok god dam ok is this car good or not!!!
I havnt heard anything bad about it.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
speedy266
CF Newbie

The Camaro is a good car, and to make the people saying its not a muscle car happy, u can easily bore the 5.7 to 7.0, or just drop in a new 7.0L engine its been done numerous times. 427 , but stock it doesnt fit under the term muscle car, but compared to the other cars on the road it seems like it.
speedy266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:25 PM   #10
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy266
The Camaro is a good car, and to make the people saying its not a muscle car happy, u can easily bore the 5.7 to 7.0, or just drop in a new 7.0L engine its been done numerous times. 427 , but stock it doesnt fit under the term muscle car, but compared to the other cars on the road it seems like it.

It will still be a pony car with WHATEVER engine you put in it. Look at the previous posts...Muscle cars are not only qualified under their engine size (BTW - the 427 isnt a big block..so it doesnt even fit under the engine category) but also on their actual car size, in which the Camaro, like the Mustang has never been classified an intermediate or large car.

When will you people learn this?

~Blow your mind~

Old 08-29-2004, 09:38 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
It will still be a pony car with WHATEVER engine you put in it. Look at the previous posts...Muscle cars are not only qualified under their engine size (BTW - the 427 isnt a big block..so it doesnt even fit under the engine category) but also on their actual car size, in which the Camaro, like the Mustang has never been classified an intermediate or large car.

When will you people learn this?
You're so close to having this correct you can taste it, but... Since when isn't a real 427 a big block. Unless you're talking about his stretched 350 you're wrong.

You've got the car size figured out and correctly identify pony cars and muscle cars, but who said a muscle car has to have a big block. Tell me that say a Chevelle SS350 or a 340 Roadrunner aren't muscle cars. If you can tell me that then tell me exactly how they are classified. Ya see the thing is they ARE muscle cars, even with a small block.

It's a fact in the library of congress.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:10 PM   #12
DodgeRida67
Banned

Sniff sniff....did someone say.....Roadrunner?....Did I hear 340?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:06 AM   #13
DodgeRida67
Banned

To me, these are muscle cars. And beautiful ones too.

Mopars of course. These are what I like of Chrysler's. Only if they still made their vehicles like they did the above ones today. IMO, the stuff they make now (excluding the Viper & Rams) is basically pretty crappy. I happily spend all my money and time on my Coronet i'm building. Sorry about this post, just had to show off the mopars.

Last edited by DodgeRida67 : 08-30-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:14 AM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

E-bodies (Barracudas and Challengers) are not muscle cars, they are pony cars. But they will, as asked in the first post of this thread, beat a Civic with an exhaust and a turbo. Don't ALL Civics have an exhaust?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Last edited by vwhobo : 08-30-2004 at 12:17 AM.
vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:24 AM   #15
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
E-bodies (Barracudas and Challengers) are not muscle cars, they are pony cars. But they will, as asked in the first post of this thread, beat a Civic with an exhaust and a turbo. Don't ALL Civics have an exhaust?
They hold their own.

Apparently, some Civics don't have exhaust.