Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2003, 12:12 AM   #1
KuChA

Any pics of the 2005 Mustangs?

I was womdering if anyone has pics on the new style mutsnags since every1 is talking about it?

GTOs comin back [/u]
Old 05-27-2003, 01:42 AM   #2
Conc3pt
CF Newbie

it was in a car and driver a few months back...forget which month...sorry (it was on the cover and inside too)
Conc3pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 04:08 AM   #3
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

GTO:

Charger:

Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:44 PM   #4
TM875
CF Newbie

The GTO I love, but the Mustang...

::cries::
TM875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:42 AM   #5
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Wow, I'm just opposite. I think the new GTO is a sellout. Just GM's way of cashing in on an old name plate. Just a dressed up Grand Am. The Mustang on the other hand is a modern statement of a timeless design. With every line, bulge, and curve it exudes muscle car. There's no mistaking it for what it is.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:59 AM   #6
Chekr

The Mustang is okay. I'm glad a really cool exotic looking car is being introduced into the market such that you can get one without being a millionaire, but the GTO looks cheap...

The charger looks great. But Dodge stole the Viper's thunder with that front end. Now the Viper looks wimpy, and they're making the Charger the ultimate muscle car... I guess.

I'm young, and stupid, and pretty much all my life, the Viper has owned the road in my views as being the most graceful muscle car.

Still, the Charger has a great look to it, and the Mustang is good too.

{{Edited for stupid speelig mistakes}}
Old 07-16-2003, 03:38 AM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Wow, I'm just opposite. I think the new GTO is a sellout. Just GM's way of cashing in on an old name plate. Just a dressed up Grand Am. The Mustang on the other hand is a modern statement of a timeless design. With every line, bulge, and curve it exudes muscle car. There's no mistaking it for what it is.

Just a dressed up Grand Am, eh? Oddly enough the Grand Am is FWD with a 4 or 6 cylinder engine. The GTO is RWD with an aluminum 5.7 liter V8. General Motors sure did alot of dressing up to do that. No, wait a minute. It's not a Grand Am at all, it's a repackaged Holden Monaro from our friends in Australia.

In the future please ensure you are at least close to the facts before hitting submit.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 04:08 AM   #8
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

I'm sorry but it resembles a grocery-getter much more clearly than the mustang does. It is not at all true to it's original name-plate in terms of styling. While calling it a dressed up grand-am is a bit of an overstatement, it holds true in that it is not nearly as performance-oriented as the car it is replacing.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:55 AM   #9
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast

ask, and you shall receive

uncovered, unclassified
too bad it's in B&W
click for a bigger version

courtesy of http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=1317

quick photo-chop by someone with color
http://webpages.charter.net/greg_hag...05StangNew.jpg

BTW - i agree with widowmaker, the GTO is a cop-out, it could have been done so much better, it looks like a rebadged Grand Am, it isn't, it came direct from Oz, but it still looks like one (but then again, every new car is starting to look like every other new car, check out the new Ford Australia Falcon and compare it to the above pics, gimme the cars of yesteryear, they can keep the new stuff)

and the FWD - RWD has been done:
a 420 HP Focus, click for the biggies
http://www.cartogra.com/servlet/Link...47385f&size=sm

http://www.cartogra.com/servlet/Link...ff4f7a&size=sm

http://www.cartogra.com/servlet/Link...0af33e&size=sm

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
asa67_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 10:16 PM   #10
Local1984FM

Sorry VW

I have to agree with Widow also, the engine may the the huge powerhouse that could blow a grand am off the freeway, but if I saw one I would mistake if for a very new grandam/grand prix. The charger looks good but has also seemingly taken something from an already existing product on Dodge's line. The Mustang may or may not have the most powerful engine of the 3 but it seems most along the lines of something new and improved with a retro look. Maybe if Dodge and GM had gone in the same direction. Either way all 3 cars will be something to reckon with, and they are all very clean, new, and improved. Finally car company's have actually gone back to the performance enthusiast's cry for something new, and not a sport compact. These are very nice cars but there are too many of them. Congradulations to all 3 companies.
Old 12-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #11
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

im liking the front iend of the mustang, but im not quite sure about the back of it.

the GTO looks like a a stratus (front end) mixed with a nissan sentra (back end anyways)

and the charger.... i dunno, its not giving me a "charger" feeling
mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 06:36 PM   #12
vwmaniac
CF Addict

The Mustang's front and side intake I like,but the rear is not even close to a tad-impressive.I also think that the new GTO is just one of those GMC splashcar designs again.(lol,splashcar,I call such cars as a Camaro,new and such.They remind me of rain drops in cartoons that hit the ground,they just turn into these heavy blobs.)So my conclusion is that the GTO is ugly.This is my opinion.We are aloud to express them aren't we?
Old 12-24-2003, 08:56 PM   #13
Mustang79
CF Newbie

When it comes to looks the new Mustang wins hands down!! It doesn't looks like any modern car on the road. The GTO looks like a pumped up 1997 Monte Carlo! Heck Ford didn't need to run to their Australian division to revive an American Classic!!!!

Just remember that!
Mustang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 11:36 PM   #14
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang79
When it comes to looks the new Mustang wins hands down!! It doesn't looks like any modern car on the road. The GTO looks like a pumped up 1997 Monte Carlo! Heck Ford didn't need to run to their Australian division to revive an American Classic!!!!

Just remember that!

::puts hands up again::

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 11:39 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Any pics of the 2005 Mustangs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuChA
I was womdering if anyone has pics on the new style mutsnags since every1 is talking about it?

GTOs comin back [/u]
As long as this post has been here I never noticed the spelling. WTF is a "Mutsnag"? 8O

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote