Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2005, 03:18 AM   #1
chibi
CF Newbie

Civic to Rsx

i went from a '03 civic lx to a '05 rsx premium cloth, does anyone think thats a good jump??....i love the rsx way way wayyyy cooler then the civic more fast, but is that a good jump??..........and another question what performace parts should i put into the rsx to make it faster? econmical parts would be good suggestions for me cuz i'm still a high skool student thanks a lot in advance to everyone
chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 04:33 AM   #2
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Is this a base RSX...ie not the Type S?

If so...eh...I wouldnt get the base RSX...
Old 03-27-2005, 09:14 AM   #3
chibi
CF Newbie

why not? i got the rsx premium with cloth ,which is the ssame as the base just has a lil less power then the type-s, when i drove the two cars there wasnt much of a diff between the type-s and a premium with cloth i feel the same i mean of course the leather is nice but thats it, oh and the 6 speed trans i guess but i live in a small city so the 6th speed wont really be used i think.......so in your opinion Gaberiel the Civic Lx jump to the Rsx premium aint good or what?
chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 10:11 AM   #4
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

Oh yea...no doubt...there's only about 1 Civic from Honda that is worth having in my opinion...the Civic Si...since we dont get the Type R here. The 160HP the Civic Si has is the same 160HP that the RSX base has. So even if you got the best Civic...it's the same as a base RSX. So it's not bad. Dont misunderstand me...

The Type S...is worlds apart. We are talking about over 200HP vs. 160HP...so I mean you say you dont feel a difference....but there is...maybe you didnt feel them at low speeds...but at higher speeds...you could probably feel them.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
civisi99
CF Newbie

id say its a nice move up....newer car...newer style....As for performance diff. on base model RSX and RSX Type S....theres quite a bit of diff....u just gotta get that tach up above 5500....Now i dont know what you did to ur civic....I drive a 99 CIVIC si...with some mods done to it...and im pretty even with the RSX type S's....if i had to trade...only reason i would...would be to get an even newer car...so u didnt downgrade...as for performance upgrades....get intake for about 200- dollars....you can upgrade ur chip....exhuast.....and upgrade ur spark plugs and wires to 8mm....good luck with everything l8ter
civisi99 is offline   Reply With Quote