Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2004, 12:52 AM   #1
ccacgrandam
CF Newbie

Exclamation Painting interior plastic trim pieces

jus wondering if anyone knows how to paint plastic trim pieces. the best paint to use? the process of how to do this?

I am looking to paint some of the interior trim pieces in my 97 grand am and am just looking for the best result out of the work i was thinking mabye painting the trim silver to match my seat covers and floor mats since hte outside of my car is green i thought that the silver would contrast nicely

any input would be greatley appreciated

thx
ccacgrandam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:06 PM   #2
Slimone
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccacgrandam
jus wondering if anyone knows how to paint plastic trim pieces. the best paint to use? the process of how to do this?

I am looking to paint some of the interior trim pieces in my 97 grand am and am just looking for the best result out of the work i was thinking mabye painting the trim silver to match my seat covers and floor mats since hte outside of my car is green i thought that the silver would contrast nicely

any input would be greatley appreciated

thx
Hi, watched a show on TV called Trucks and the host showed painting interior pieces,he washed them and then wiped them down with paint thinner and then painted them. Check at your local auto paint store for the paint, Have fun Slim
Slimone is offline   Reply With Quote