Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2004, 10:36 AM   #16
yoshimitsuspeed
CF Newbie

What is your car? RS GS? If so you have a 420 motor in there. This is not a drop it in/ bolt it on mod. I would reccomend selling your car and buying a turbo. There is a lot of info on dsmtuners and dsmtalk. good luck
yoshimitsuspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:40 PM   #17
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
See my problem is that i play guitar in a band so i cant dedicate all my time or most of my time to cars do to my music (which im much more talented in). but i still love cars. Do you have any plans to goning to bigger school like Wyotech later or what? and i was thinking 4G63N/A what about the tranny on it would it or is it the same as the cyclone?

Wyotech? Where in the hell is that? No I want to go to Georgia Tech, supposedly number one rated automotive technical school in the country.

No the trannys are'nt the same. The car being naturally aspirated or turbo does'nt decide the tranny. You can get 5-Speed for both turbo and N/A models. If the car is automatic then it won't have the same tranny. The tranny that comes with the cyclone is 5-Speed.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:06 AM   #18
Dewey
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Wyotech? Where in the hell is that? No I want to go to Georgia Tech, supposedly number one rated automotive technical school in the country.

No the trannys are'nt the same. The car being naturally aspirated or turbo does'nt decide the tranny. You can get 5-Speed for both turbo and N/A models. If the car is automatic then it won't have the same tranny. The tranny that comes with the cyclone is 5-Speed.
Man you've never heard of Wyotech. And please take a wild guess were it is at (key word Wyo). Well kinda there is one in californa, Pennsilvania, and you guessed it Wyolming. I know im just a dumb red neck from Alabama that can't spell but still we're all here for the same reason... right.

See my car is an automatic and i just paid $8000 for the damn thing and there is no way im going to sell it and get that much for it. The car is in good condition but it has 161,000 on the motor so i know i need a new motor. ummm...let me make sure that i have this correct. the 4G63 motor will fit but the tranny want.
Dewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:07 AM   #19
Decoder
CF Newbie

Angry

DSMer i hate to say this but you have NO IDEA what your talking about...for one all 4 trannys have different gear ratios n/a 5speed and turbo 5speed as well as turbo fwd auto(usdm only) n/a awd auto.
second AWD trannys depending on which one you get can be switched to fwd by simply removing 2 pins from the transfer case OR by removing transfer case all together and welding in a center diff..total cost $150 plus welding, i am currently doing the talon es to turbo conversion using a JDM 4g63t with awd tranny, and all of the above information was provided gratefully by sheppard racing and burschur racing after countless calls and emails gathering research info to make sure i dont run into anyproblems...so stop feeding this guy BS info, when he can use his AWD tranny and its only going to cost him about $300 CANADIAN to convert the tranny...

also i hope your not trying to play that TSI in your sig off as your own....because that IS john sheppards car and IS the ONLY street driven 8second talon

dewey if you want correct informative information email me or PM me and i will direct you to where you can get the center diff and what has to be done as well as some great articles about doing the swaps weither it be into a firstgen or 2nd gen
Decoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:11 AM   #20
Decoder
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
The tranny that comes with the cyclone is 5-Speed.
this is also untrue, i did a JDM 4g63 n/a swap in my other ES and guess what it was a cyclone AND came with the JDM FWD auto tranny..only the turbo JDM models came in 5speed
Old 10-18-2004, 04:45 AM   #21
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

DSMer i hate to say this but you have NO IDEA what your talking about...for one all 4 trannys have different gear ratios n/a 5speed and turbo 5speed as well as turbo fwd auto(usdm only) n/a awd auto.
I also would hate to inform you that the gear ratios have absolutley nothing to do with the fitament to the engine. Surley YOU should know this? So why the hell are you even telling me this, its irrelivant to any subject at hand.

second AWD trannys depending on which one you get can be switched to fwd by simply removing 2 pins from the transfer case OR by removing transfer case all together and welding in a center diff..total cost $150 plus welding, i am currently doing the talon es to turbo conversion using a JDM 4g63t with awd tranny, and all of the above information was provided gratefully by sheppard racing and burschur racing after countless calls and emails gathering research info to make sure i dont run into anyproblems...so stop feeding this guy BS info, when he can use his AWD tranny and its only going to cost him about $300 CANADIAN to convert the tranny...
I won't even begine to elaborate on the AWD to FWD conversion. For the $300 American he could easily get a FWD tranny. Do things right the first time, taking shorcuts like welding Diffs etc is'nt my form of mechanic'ism.

also i hope your not trying to play that TSI in your sig off as your own....because that IS john sheppards car and IS the ONLY street driven 8second talon
No shit, maybe if you pulled you head out of your ass for one second you would see that nowhere I say that is my car. There have been numerous conversations on this subject but since you did'nt bother to read arround, you would'nt know that now would you?

this is also untrue, i did a JDM 4g63 n/a swap in my other ES and guess what it was a cyclone AND came with the JDM FWD auto tranny..only the turbo JDM models came in 5speed
Again you seem to have no clue on anything we are discussing above. We were talking about a JDM engine FROM a JDM engine distributer. If you're going to selectively ready my post and then "attempt" to correct me, don't bother. You'll save yourself the embarrsment.

Old 10-18-2004, 04:57 AM   #22
Decoder
CF Newbie

"No the trannys are'nt the same. The car being naturally aspirated or turbo does'nt decide the tranny. You can get 5-Speed for both turbo and N/A models. If the car is automatic then it won't have the same tranny. The tranny that comes with the cyclone is 5-Speed."

you wrote that didnt you? and i responded by stating that it is untrue due to the fact i purchased a JDM cyclone motor and it came with a auto tranny for a n/a
as for the fitment it was not mentioned in your above post, you just said it would be easier using the other tranny..

you also said the motor being n/a and turbo doesnt decide the tranny, well yes it does, cause the gears are different from a n/a to turbo tranny.

as for the sig i was just inquiring if you were boasting it as yours, and no i didnt look around the board first as i got this link from a google search directly to that topic, so i replied and i did notice in another post that you do give credit to him.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:09 AM   #23
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Again, Gear diiferentiation does'nt change the tranny by that much. Also by different, I mean ability to bolt up in the same fashion. The FWD Turbo 5-Speed will work with a FWD N/A 5-Speed. Simple as that, iregaurdless to their "gear ratios"

Quite frankly I don't care if you purched a JDM motor and it came with a N/A manual transmission. The company I gave to him *totalJDM* only sells JDM motors with 5-Speed AWD trannys.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:54 AM   #24
nektratta
CF Newbie

just go find a first generation gsx for like 3000 doallrs and that will have everything you want to start out and they are built better than the second generations. right now i am in the processs of getting a 4g64 2.4 liter, and it cost 7,000 just for the race engine and the new oil pump water pump etc, to get it running.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #25
eclipse98
CF Newbie

sup yall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Man that makes me fill bad beings that your the same age. But you got the experince that i dont have. I got to get money to get experince. Would you agree that the only way (in the subject of cars) to get experince is do it not so much your self but with someone else (that is experinced) for there guidance. See if i had more money i could buy all the parts and pay someone to help me.

hey yall waz up ..this is sunny ..i wana du da same thing he iz tryin i got clips gs 98 5 spd ..wana convert tht bh tu a gsx ...
eclipse98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:52 AM   #26
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse98
hey yall waz up ..this is sunny ..i wana du da same thing he iz tryin i got clips gs 98 5 spd ..wana convert tht bh tu a gsx ...
...What? Also, start your own thread...
Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #27
weave41_82
CF Newbie

here is a question, what is the diff from a cyclone turbo and a regular turbo?
Old 07-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #28
eagletalonracer
CF Newbie

running an eagle talon 2litre DOHC as rookie stock car

i was wondering what would be the best motor to swap into my talon???? the division rules for racing state that it has to be naturally aspired (non-turbo) and not over 3 litres... now the casing for the 5 speed is cracked so it will be a motor and transmission swap... if i have to i have no problem with doing some mod's and a little fabricating to get a newer, higher horse power motor into the car, i need suggestions!!! last year we put a 300ZX motor into a 240SX car so i know that there's got to be a sweet swap for this car.
eagletalonracer is offline   Reply With Quote