Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2004, 06:42 AM   #1
240RB20DET
CF Newbie

Want more hp for my 94 Civic

Hi everybody, I was wondering how I could increase my hp on my 94 honda civic dx coupe. I already have exhaust, intake, and lowering springs. Ya know, the common stuff everyone does to them. It's a pretty fun car to drive but I'm ready to up the hp and/or decrease the weight of the car (whatever makes it faster). I know I don't want to spend the money on a turbo kit. Just basic upgrades with noticable results. I heard something about a book I could buy with tons of little secrets for hp increases just about honda's. Does anyone know if this book exists? Thanks...
240RB20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Thats what i got its got some good tips on modifying and if you want turning it into a utter rice car.. since im not bothered about either of them issues on my car (honda civic as well) the problem is im not sure if you can get this book in the states.

So i found this Alan paradise's book civic duty its about history and moddifying cars.. its sort of a coffee table book on how to modify your civic for beginners. i cant really say if it could be any use to you since its probably gonna focus on people who own a civic Si.

Anyway good luck matey

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year

Last edited by Lukaz : 09-03-2004 at 10:45 AM.
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:46 PM   #3
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240RB20DET
Hi everybody, I was wondering how I could increase my hp on my 94 honda civic dx coupe. I already have exhaust, intake, and lowering springs. Ya know, the common stuff everyone does to them. It's a pretty fun car to drive but I'm ready to up the hp and/or decrease the weight of the car (whatever makes it faster). I know I don't want to spend the money on a turbo kit. Just basic upgrades with noticable results. I heard something about a book I could buy with tons of little secrets for hp increases just about honda's. Does anyone know if this book exists? Thanks...

Nitrous, cheap power.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:18 AM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Hi everybody, I was wondering how I could increase my hp on my 94 honda civic dx coupe. I already have exhaust, intake, and lowering springs.

Lowering "springs" gives you 200 extra HP. How much more do you need? Well, if you need more, get the stickers. Get the ones that are worth 5 HP a piece.

Intake and exhaust are needed for an internal combustion engine to run. Are you sure you didn't have those items already?

F******* ricer talk!!!!!!!

Easy on the exclamation marks

Last edited by Cliffy : 09-04-2004 at 04:33 PM.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:46 AM   #5
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Honda blocks are so cheap now, the easiest way to gain some good HP would be engine swap. That or buy a honda small block and build it as you go along, then when that puppy is ready and primed pop it in that chassis pulling about 400BHP.

Er um.. Zex nitrous kits tend to do the job also.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:31 PM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

You can get a B18b engine for only $800-$1000 brand new. Great engine for a turbo build.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:08 PM   #7
Simo
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Lowering "springs" gives you 200 extra HP. How much more do you need? Well, if you need more, get the stickers. Get the ones that are worth 5 HP a piece.

Intake and exhaust are needed for an internal combustion engine to run. Are you sure you didn't have those items already?

F******* ricer talk!!!!!!!

Easy on the exclamation marks
LOL
dewd u need 2 get a massive spoiler on yer car, instant 25 HP gain

lol..

American Muscle
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 10:57 PM   #8
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Or the LED lights that go on your windsheild washer sprayers, I heard they'll turn your civic into a 12 second car.