hahaha. thats a funny one.
thanks. i thought so.

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Old 09-09-2004, 10:11 PM   #17
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by What

Nothing will change here.....and my 6 week vacation is over....

Wow, damn, we'll have to throw the "we dont give a flying chit if you're back or not" party now. Man, right after we threw the "yay, the tard is gone, CELEBRATE" party.

~Blow your mind~

Old 09-09-2004, 11:03 PM   #18
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Wow, damn, we'll have to throw the "we dont give a flying chit if you're back or not" party now. Man, right after we threw the "yay, the tard is gone, CELEBRATE" party.

Hahaaa... so true.

VWHOBO, when you were absent from the forums "What", very braggingly I might add, associated himself with you. I believe his exact words were "He taught me a thing or two and I taught him a thing or two also". He even went as far as to post a picture of a private PM you sent him. Now I don't know if you know this, but "What" is'nt exactly what you would like to call... er.. umm.. intelligent. If you've read some of his postings you'll quickly find what I am talking about.

So question is: At any time did you ever associate yourself with "What" or personally know him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
This thread was started only because, wait for it, the other thread that shouldn't have been closed was. Now go back to the first paragraph of the first post in this thread and tell me where I flamed... ANYBODY. You can't because I didn't. You might not agree with what I said, you might not like what I said but this is still a forum which is a place for the exchange of thoughts and ideas and those were my thoughts. I know this doesn't fit into your moderator viewpoint but did you notice I also injected some humor into the post? Did you notice that I pointed you in the direction that you as a mod should be going? Like it or not your job as a mod is not to force people to think like you by closing a thread. If that was the case I would have closed probably 75% of everything posted when I was modding.

Iono if you have read this post yet vwhobo, but the thread "Bavs rise to dictatorship" gives an 100% PERFECT example of what you are talking about above. The thread was created after Bav closed a thread, for a similar flame-war. In that particular thread Bavarian Wheels was repeatedly flamed, disgraced, and flooded with some pretty harsh name calling. Bavarian Wheels, being the good mod that he is, did not once attempt to even close that thread. It seems that you and Satty have difused your differences so I won't elaborate on it, but that is exactly what vwhobo is talking about closing threads because they don't appeal to your likings.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
Old 09-10-2004, 01:17 AM   #19
enron fever
CF Addict

well now...this is a completely pointless and spammorific thread.

but i'm sitting through an excel class that is 3 hours long, and therefore feel the need to participate in the spamination.

i think everybody needs to quit bitchin and just deal with a few bloody noses.

200 posts w00t!

Last edited by enron fever : 09-10-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #20
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
"No thanks, I'll use the non-candyass system" was started only because Cliffy the unemployed rent-a-cop (no matter what he says it's still on his profile, go ahead and look) elected to close "low rpm vs high rpm = good/bad/ugly engine?" because I hurt his feelings. Firstly I don't care about his feelings and secondly that is an abuse of his mod powers. The only way I had to express my feelings on the matter was to start another thread. That thread had a BUNCH of people involved, including you with some very interesting things to say. Anytime that many people take part in a thread it's worth having if for no other reason than that's what a forum is all about, participation. I'll grant you that it got kinda stupid at the end with the "brung" thing but I'll also point out that the crybaby who called for it to be closed was dead center in that controversy. In my opinion and I'm sure many others there was no valid point to close the thread.
Ok, Hobo, I dont make a habit of closing threads which dont need closing. The thread that I closed insulted a number of people....I dont mind you saying when people are wrong, but when you constantly speak down to people, is it any wonder people become annoyed or offended?

And for the record, I'm not an unemployed rent-a-cop....I'm just no longer one

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 09-10-2004, 02:19 PM   #21
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
im very confused by what you just said...

Actually, What was right on the money.

The mods need to stand by their decisions and should be making decisions based on what is good for the forum and not what they personally like or dislike. It was great that Satty admitted he should not have closed that thread but he also did not need to re-open it.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:29 PM   #22
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
The mods need to stand by their decisions and should be making decisions based on what is good for the forum

BINGO!
Old 09-10-2004, 05:34 PM   #23
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Heyy Mikey, I think he's got it.

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Old 09-10-2004, 05:42 PM   #24
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

who is "He's" referring to, and whos mikey?
Old 09-10-2004, 06:27 PM   #25
enron fever
CF Addict

that's the kid on the front of LIFE cereal boxes, isn't it?
Old 09-10-2004, 07:46 PM   #26
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Old 09-10-2004, 07:52 PM   #27
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Mikey goes back quite a few years.

He was a kid on the Life cereal comercials. They showed some kids pushing a box of Life cereal back and forth saying to each other that they would not try it to see if it would taste good. "I'm not going to try it, you try it." "I'm not going to try it."

Then the kids say, "Hey, lets get Mikey! Yeah, he won't eat it, he hates everything." So Mikey trys the Life cereal and he likes it. Then the kids say "Hey Mikey, he likes it." and then they all eat Life cereal.

Well, it was something like that anyway.

Here is a bit more: Mikey Info

(I was trying to find the video but....)

Last edited by theman352001 : 09-10-2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 11:39 PM   #28
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

ahhhhhhHH i see... thx for the info, i didnt need the link LOL but glad you told me.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:57 AM   #29
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
Mikey goes back quite a few years.

He was a kid on the Life cereal comercials. They showed some kids pushing a box of Life cereal back and forth saying to each other that they would not try it to see if it would taste good. "I'm not going to try it, you try it." "I'm not going to try it."

Then the kids say, "Hey, lets get Mikey! Yeah, he won't eat it, he hates everything." So Mikey trys the Life cereal and he likes it. Then the kids say "Hey Mikey, he likes it." and then they all eat Life cereal.

Well, it was something like that anyway.

Here is a bit more: Mikey Info

(I was trying to find the video but....)

thank you for clearing it up. Sorry i didn't get back to you ealier, Ki2AY. Busy. All i did was modify the original saying.(on knees, begging General Mills) "Please don't sue me copyright infrigment. Please, oh for the love of god and all things holy, please don't sue!" hehehe

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Old 09-30-2004, 03:07 AM   #30
The_Wheelman
CF Newbie

Thumbs up

[quote=[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you. The moderators need to be strong.
Closed Thread