Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 11:51 PM   #61
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
As long as we are throwing out advertisements to be deleted, take a look here.
Good catch. That was posted before I rejoined the forum. The surest way to get a post looked at for moderator review is to click on the little exclamation point down below the avatar on every thread. That kicks out an e-mail and a PM to every admin and mod. No excuses for them to miss it and 1,000 eyes are better than 10.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 PM   #62
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
As for the others, I dont always have access to my email....so more often than not I have to search for adverts etc
As I said
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:54 PM   #63
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Ok, the ONLY reason my site's in my profile, is because there's a provision for it....I've seem members profiles with the same in before and haven't done anything about it because of this reason.....Now, I dont recall the rules saying anything about putting your site in the profile area. So, Cliffy 1...Hobo 0...Have a bloody nice day ...

As for the others, I dont always have access to my email....so more often than not I have to search for adverts etc
Cliffy, it says HOME PAGE not COMPETING FORUM. If you can have your forum advertised then how do you or any other mods have the right to delete or edit other peoples. The answer is you don't. And if you want to keep score you're already way behind.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:55 PM   #64
Frequency101
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 26
Wow, talk about drama. Shouldn't a subject that is geared towards publically picking apart moderators and how actions are being carried out be taken into a private message function?

I know I'm new at this forum, but it just seems like this thread has carried on long enough. Its expressed its point, and its not accomplishing much by the looks of it.
__________________
1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 5-Speed
Frequency101 is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:57 PM   #65
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequency101
Wow, talk about drama. Shouldn't a subject that is geared towards publically picking apart moderators and how actions are being carried out be taken into a private message function?

I know I'm new at this forum, but it just seems like this thread has carried on long enough. Its expressed its point, and its not accomplishing much by the looks of it.
You have the choice to read it or not. From the sound of your sentiments I think you should not.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:58 PM   #66
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Cliffy, it says HOME PAGE not COMPETING FORUM. If you can have your forum advertised then how do you or any other mods have the right to delete or edit other peoples. The answer is you don't. And if you want to keep score you're already way behind.
If it makes you happy, I'll delete it....but just because it says 'home page' doesn't mean a thing. As far as the rules go, it's the same thing...and the rules DONT say anything about the Profile area....but, I'll delete it now, just to make YOU happy
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:59 PM   #67
Frequency101
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 26
Good for pointing out the obvious, yes I choose to read it and express my opinion. You seem to have a problem when some one goes against what you say.
__________________
1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 5-Speed
Frequency101 is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:00 AM   #68
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequency101
Wow, talk about drama. Shouldn't a subject that is geared towards publically picking apart moderators and how actions are being carried out be taken into a private message function?

Yes, but when I close it, the hobo will just start another thread saying how evil us Mods are....to be honest, I think it's a personal vendetta
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:02 AM   #69
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
As for the others, I dont always have access to my email....so more often than not I have to search for adverts etc
You have access to a computer, you have access to this forum and you have access to your forum but you don't have access to e-mail. That does not compute. Have you ever heard of Yahoo, HotMail, etc, etc, etc. They're all free and take about two minutes to sign up. Why I bet you even have e-mail capabilities on your ilegally advertised forum.

I think what whe have here is a poor excuse.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #70
Frequency101
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 26
Well no offence, but if he is posing a problem to the forum by calling out the moderation, and also spamming the site for launching multipul threads about the same subject, why hasn't it been resolved with...(IE ban for example?)
__________________
1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 5-Speed
Frequency101 is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 AM   #71
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequency101
Good for pointing out the obvious, yes I choose to read it and express my opinion. You seem to have a problem when some one goes against what you say.
No problem at all. You are more than welcome to express your opinion, but I stated a fact. If you don't like this thread than simply don't read it. The first time you looked you didn't know what it said. Now you do and continue to read. Because of that you have made an educated choice to participate. Now, if you don't like it you can just not look at it.

BTW, is that advertising in your signature block?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 AM   #72
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You have access to a computer, you have access to this forum and you have access to your forum but you don't have access to e-mail. That does not compute. Have you ever heard of Yahoo, HotMail, etc, etc, etc. They're all free and take about two minutes to sign up. Why I bet you even have e-mail capabilities on your ilegally advertised forum.

I think what whe have here is a poor excuse.
Ok, I can now check my email more frequently than I used to....reason being I use a PC at work and shouldn't really use MSN etc, as you have to sign up to it from these PC's...My priority is checking out CF...not my email. Funnily enough, I come here because I want to....not because I want to scour the place for adverts etc. That isn't to say I dont delete them though....I just dont check every single thread for them...just the obvious ones or ones that seem to appeal to me
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:09 AM   #73
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Ok, I can now check my email more frequently than I used to....reason being I use a PC at work and shouldn't really use MSN etc, as you have to sign up to it from these PC's...My priority is checking out CF...not my email. Funnily enough, I come here because I want to....not because I want to scour the place for adverts etc. That isn't to say I dont delete them though....I just dont check every single thread for them...just the obvious ones or ones that seem to appeal to me
Cliffy, I was a mod here long before you were. By accepting the position of mod you accepted the responsibility for the job. More work, less play. If you don't want to do the job, reliquish it to someone who will.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:13 AM   #74
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Cliffy, I was a mod here long before you were. By accepting the position of mod you accepted the responsibility for the job. More work, less play. If you don't want to do the job, reliquish it to someone who will.
Ok, that's not what I said....YOU twisted my words, I said I come here because I want to....to be one of you guys, not only as a Mod (That's not to say I dont enjoy my job though). It might have come accross differently to you, but believe me that was how it was intended to sound. Anyway, I have nothing to prove to you.....you are one member out of God knows how many other regulars...afterall, It's the majority that counts. Now, I'm gonna close this one...although I guess you'll probably start another
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.