Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:51 PM   #61
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
As long as we are throwing out advertisements to be deleted, take a look here.
Good catch. That was posted before I rejoined the forum. The surest way to get a post looked at for moderator review is to click on the little exclamation point down below the avatar on every thread. That kicks out an e-mail and a PM to every admin and mod. No excuses for them to miss it and 1,000 eyes are better than 10.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 PM   #62
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
As for the others, I dont always have access to my email....so more often than not I have to search for adverts etc
As I said

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 10-30-2005, 11:54 PM   #63
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Ok, the ONLY reason my site's in my profile, is because there's a provision for it....I've seem members profiles with the same in before and haven't done anything about it because of this reason.....Now, I dont recall the rules saying anything about putting your site in the profile area. So, Cliffy 1...Hobo 0...Have a bloody nice day ...

As for the others, I dont always have access to my email....so more often than not I have to search for adverts etc
Cliffy, it says HOME PAGE not COMPETING FORUM. If you can have your forum advertised then how do you or any other mods have the right to delete or edit other peoples. The answer is you don't. And if you want to keep score you're already way behind.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 10-30-2005, 11:55 PM   #64
Frequency101
CF Newbie

Wow, talk about drama. Shouldn't a subject that is geared towards publically picking apart moderators and how actions are being carried out be taken into a private message function?

I know I'm new at this forum, but it just seems like this thread has carried on long enough. Its expressed its point, and its not accomplishing much by the looks of it.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:57 PM   #65
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequency101
Wow, talk about drama. Shouldn't a subject that is geared towards publically picking apart moderators and how actions are being carried out be taken into a private message function?

I know I'm new at this forum, but it just seems like this thread has carried on long enough. Its expressed its point, and its not accomplishing much by the looks of it.
You have the choice to read it or not. From the sound of your sentiments I think you should not.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:58 PM   #66
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Cliffy, it says HOME PAGE not COMPETING FORUM. If you can have your forum advertised then how do you or any other mods have the right to delete or edit other peoples. The answer is you don't. And if you want to keep score you're already way behind.
If it makes you happy, I'll delete it....but just because it says 'home page' doesn't mean a thing. As far as the rules go, it's the same thing...and the rules DONT say anything about the Profile area....but, I'll delete it now, just to make YOU happy

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:59 PM   #67
Frequency101
CF Newbie

Good for pointing out the obvious, yes I choose to read it and express my opinion. You seem to have a problem when some one goes against what you say.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:00 AM   #68
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:

Yes, but when I close it, the hobo will just start another thread saying how evil us Mods are....to be honest, I think it's a personal vendetta

Old 10-31-2005, 12:02 AM   #69
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
You have access to a computer, you have access to this forum and you have access to your forum but you don't have access to e-mail. That does not compute. Have you ever heard of Yahoo, HotMail, etc, etc, etc. They're all free and take about two minutes to sign up. Why I bet you even have e-mail capabilities on your ilegally advertised forum.

I think what whe have here is a poor excuse.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 AM   #70
Frequency101
CF Newbie

Well no offence, but if he is posing a problem to the forum by calling out the moderation, and also spamming the site for launching multipul threads about the same subject, why hasn't it been resolved with...(IE ban for example?)
Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 AM   #71
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Good for pointing out the obvious, yes I choose to read it and express my opinion. You seem to have a problem when some one goes against what you say.
No problem at all. You are more than welcome to express your opinion, but I stated a fact. If you don't like this thread than simply don't read it. The first time you looked you didn't know what it said. Now you do and continue to read. Because of that you have made an educated choice to participate. Now, if you don't like it you can just not look at it.

BTW, is that advertising in your signature block?

Old 10-31-2005, 12:05 AM   #72
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
You have access to a computer, you have access to this forum and you have access to your forum but you don't have access to e-mail. That does not compute. Have you ever heard of Yahoo, HotMail, etc, etc, etc. They're all free and take about two minutes to sign up. Why I bet you even have e-mail capabilities on your ilegally advertised forum.

I think what whe have here is a poor excuse.
Ok, I can now check my email more frequently than I used to....reason being I use a PC at work and shouldn't really use MSN etc, as you have to sign up to it from these PC's...My priority is checking out CF...not my email. Funnily enough, I come here because I want to....not because I want to scour the place for adverts etc. That isn't to say I dont delete them though....I just dont check every single thread for them...just the obvious ones or ones that seem to appeal to me

Old 10-31-2005, 12:09 AM   #73
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Ok, I can now check my email more frequently than I used to....reason being I use a PC at work and shouldn't really use MSN etc, as you have to sign up to it from these PC's...My priority is checking out CF...not my email. Funnily enough, I come here because I want to....not because I want to scour the place for adverts etc. That isn't to say I dont delete them though....I just dont check every single thread for them...just the obvious ones or ones that seem to appeal to me
Cliffy, I was a mod here long before you were. By accepting the position of mod you accepted the responsibility for the job. More work, less play. If you don't want to do the job, reliquish it to someone who will.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:13 AM   #74
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Cliffy, I was a mod here long before you were. By accepting the position of mod you accepted the responsibility for the job. More work, less play. If you don't want to do the job, reliquish it to someone who will.
Ok, that's not what I said....YOU twisted my words, I said I come here because I want to....to be one of you guys, not only as a Mod (That's not to say I dont enjoy my job though). It might have come accross differently to you, but believe me that was how it was intended to sound. Anyway, I have nothing to prove to you.....you are one member out of God knows how many other regulars...afterall, It's the majority that counts. Now, I'm gonna close this one...although I guess you'll probably start another

Closed Thread