Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #16
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Unfortunately you knowledge on this matter is very limited. To a point you seem to be obtuse and injudicious. You clearly don't understand the fundamentals of turbocharged cars.

First of all due to your very limited and OBTUSE knowledge.

"Do you even know how many SR's are running 10's?"
In Queensland, there are 7 10 second or better sr20 powered cars. Thats one state with 1/4 the population of Florida. Lots more others in Australia & New Zealand. And vast numbers in Japan. A lots of Sr20 cars here don't bother with NOS, yet they can still run 10 second 1/4 miles

"The SR20 is suited towards non-straghit line driving because its powerband is lower-down where you need it."

Once again you have proven yourself to be total obtuse I have never seen anyone to stupid in my life. You have no idea about modifications. First of all. apart from that fact you have NO idea what your talking about. And your a bloody idiot. So let me tell you the basics which YOU have NO idea about.

1st of all, for lamers such as yourself.
A KA24 T with a factory s15 sr20det turbo will NOT run a 10 1/4 mile. The KA would have better low down power due to its extra CC. IF you install a Garrett GT3540 turbo which is rated around 700hp. The turbo will spool around 5,000 rpm with factory Sr20 internals. So in EXTRA simple terms for a person of limited intelligence. IF you want a 10 second car without NOS, you need to run a larger turbo. Which increases the time it takes the turbo to spool. Hopefully you understand why a turbo with a larger compressor and turbine takes longer to spool.

"Saying that people in Japan do not bother with KA24's is YOUR opinion. You don't know everyone in Japan"
I know a few people in japan.

"A Turbo kit can easily be made with a Turbonetics turbo, a spearco I/C and piping. In fact, many kits are currently avalible."

Please visit this webpage below to see how VAST the range is for Sr20 parts.
http://www.takakaira.co.jp/
Once again your knowledge in Japanese aftermarket equipment is very limited.

So please, you clearly have no idea, go back to your magazines or Fast N Furious videos. I have never read so much crap in my life. Your mudda must be proud

What the hell? Your post left me more confused than it did inform. So if I'm getting this correctly? You are telling me that a KA with a stock S15 turbocharger will not run 10's? Where in the hell did you even get that from?

Again, if you're going to selectively read my post don't even bother to "correct" me. It seems that you have nothing but space between your ears, because you seem to think that because a few people in Queensland that can make some cars with SR20's pull 10's its automaticly a great drag motor. Sure any car can do 10's but the KA-T will pull 10s relativley cheaper, easier, and more efficiently. I allready explained why the Sr20 is better for race applications and the KA24 is better for bracket racing with simple facts. If you refuse to learn what you never knew in the first place, thats ignorance on your part. Not mine.

Personally, I can't take you serious. Go to a D1GP tournament, when you get to an autograph table. Ask all the 180SX/240SX drifters how fast would their car be on the 1/4rth. I garauntee you it won't be anywhere near a 10, possibly, but highly unlikely. I have many Drift events arround my area, and many drag strips. I also have many friends who happen to use my garage to modify their cars. So I can safley say that I've built more Sr20 drifting applications than you've probably seen. Oh yes and the ones who come to my garage to bracket race do run KA-T motors. One of them uses an Sr20, but only because he drifts and bracket race. For some odd reason, the KA-T motors seem to pull almost second better lap times than a comparatively equipped Sr20. Oh no thats not strange, its simple performance applications. That kinda thing I paid to learn in a school.

Unlike you Mr. My Japneese friends have Sr20's. NO SHIT THEY LIVE IN JAPAN! Quarter mile times is something that Americans concieve as speed. People in Japan, Austrailia, and Europe like to believe in track numbers, top speed, and handling wich is why none of them bother with KA-T motors. Damn, do you know anything about cars or culture?
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:05 PM   #17
57ock
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 316
Oh I forgot you know more about Australia then I do.. ohhhh sorry about that Mate, you really need help..
__________________
www.car-forums.com
57ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:16 AM   #18
Corey
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 26
listen....take notes

he may not be there but he is a smart man....he has actually been hands on with theese engine.....my advice is to stop arguing and take notes....
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:57 AM   #19
57ock
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
he may not be there but he is a smart man....he has actually been hands on with theese engine.....my advice is to stop arguing and take notes....

Take notes that he has no fark idea. I have!!! The guy has no idea about culture. He thinks he's a tour guide. Yet he has no idea about Australia.
You say he has hands on, damn his knowledge is so damn limited its a joke.

A factory s15 runs a low 14. 3" exhaust would can get a 13.4. Seen that done a few times. If you want a s15 to be quick on the 1/4. large turbo is needed which increases lag. In addition you'll need internal work. A drift car you need a long powerband. So the turbo can't be too laggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
So I can safley say that I've built more Sr20 drifting applications than you've probably seen.
Once again you think you know everything about Australia. Maybe you should fly down here and take a look as you clearly have no idea.

If DSMer can't make a sr20 hit 10's easy, then I think DSMer should give up on motors.
__________________
www.car-forums.com
57ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:51 PM   #20
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Take notes that he has no fark idea. I have!!! The guy has no idea about culture. He thinks he's a tour guide. Yet he has no idea about Australia.
You say he has hands on, damn his knowledge is so damn limited its a joke.

A factory s15 runs a low 14. 3" exhaust would can get a 13.4. Seen that done a few times. If you want a s15 to be quick on the 1/4. large turbo is needed which increases lag. In addition you'll need internal work. A drift car you need a long powerband. So the turbo can't be too laggy.

Once again you think you know everything about Australia. Maybe you should fly down here and take a look as you clearly have no idea.

If DSMer can't make a sr20 hit 10's easy, then I think DSMer should give up on motors.

How many SR20 applications have you built? How man KA have you built? Please embelish me with your knowledge about 3" exhausts. Do you have any trap numbers to prove those "stats" posted above. Tell me why a drift car needs a wider powerband. Tell me exaclty what kind of power the engine produces during the drift, how about entering and exiting the drift? Please explian to me because you seem to know about it all. So embelish me with your vast knowledge and experience. Because you've yet to tell me anything other than your opinion, and you know what the say about opinions.

I invite you to tell me all about the phsyics and chemistry of SR20 motors compared to KA motors. About how they differ from each other, and explain to me what kind of motor would be good for drag racing. Also what kind is good for autocross and drifting. PLEASE tell me becuase you seem to know it.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 11:28 PM   #21
57ock
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Tell me exaclty what kind of power the engine produces during the drift, how about entering and exiting the drift?.

Well for a start, that just prove you have no idea. how can someone prove exactly how much power a engine produces during a drift..... Go use a dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I invite you to tell me all about the phsyics and chemistry of SR20 motors compared to KA motors.
I'm sure I can find the scientific chemicial make up on the block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
explain to me what kind of motor would be good for drag racing.
For a Japanese motor, 1.3ltr or 2.0ltr rotary. http://www.fullboost.com.au/records.php?class=2 and http://www.fullboost.com.au/records.php?class=3
O my

keep on ya yadda, I'm enjoying it
__________________
www.car-forums.com
57ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 11:37 PM   #22
57ock
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Because you've yet to tell me anything other than your opinion, and you know what the say about opinions.

I hate to break it too you, but thats all you have informed me of. Your own opinion and ONLY your opinion.

"Again I will stress this one more time, maybe you slow kids will catch it. The KA-T is the motor to drag race with. The SR-T is the motor to autocross or drift with." That is your opinion

So don't go on about opinions. You have proven nothing
__________________
www.car-forums.com
57ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 11:39 PM   #23
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Well for a start, that just prove you have no idea. how can someone prove exactly how much power a engine produces during a drift..... Go use a dyno.

I'm sure I can find the scientific chemicial make up on the block.

For a Japanese motor, 1.3ltr or 2.0ltr rotary. http://www.fullboost.com.au/records.php?class=2 and http://www.fullboost.com.au/records.php?class=3
O my

keep on ya yadda, I'm enjoying it

No need to, you have fully proven my point. You have no experience, therefore you only know what you've read or heard of. You can't tell me how many applications you've built. You can't even explain why certain things are good for what they are without finding links to solely base your opinion. Hell you can't even properly distinguish between total power output, and "types" of power applied to the wheels in a certain situation.

You don't know enough about the particular subject at hand, because you lack the experience or know-how of the topic. Thank you for further proving my original thoughts.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:13 PM   #24
57ock
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
No need to, you have fully proven my point. You have no experience, therefore you only know what you've read or heard of. You can't tell me how many applications you've built. You can't even explain why certain things are good for what they are without finding links to solely base your opinion. Hell you can't even properly distinguish between total power output, and "types" of power applied to the wheels in a certain situation.

You don't know enough about the particular subject at hand, because you lack the experience or know-how of the topic. Thank you for further proving my original thoughts.

Tis a shame when someone thinks they know it all, yet have no idea. Tis a shame indeed.

You have proven nothing apart from your own personal opinion. Which is amusing KA24 is a boat anchor. And you head is a waste of space

You can't even admit the sr20 is a good motor for drag racing. and so many cars run 10's with them... end of story.

if u cant accept that, then please go seek counseling..
__________________
www.car-forums.com
57ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:09 PM   #25
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Tis a shame when someone thinks they know it all, yet have no idea. Tis a shame indeed.

You have proven nothing apart from your own personal opinion. Which is amusing KA24 is a boat anchor. And you head is a waste of space

You can't even admit the sr20 is a good motor for drag racing. and so many cars run 10's with them... end of story.

if u cant accept that, then please go seek counseling..

You're still at this? You can continue your childish semantics, or you can accept fact and proof from valuble experience. You were giving opinions(because you don't know anything abou the motors), I was given truth from experience. See the difference? But I guess in your "childish-know-it-all" mind state, you're not willing to accept something you don't even know about. So failure to learn what you never knew is'nt shame on my part, its ignorance on yours.

Please, do not put words in my post. Need I not admit anything. The SR is not a good trap racer. If you wanna proove to me why, other than using examples as "I know people running 10's" or "I've read etc.."; I fully invite you to. You still have yet to answer my questions of anything regaurding to your man hours on autocross, drift, and drag-race applications. Simply because you have none. So please, don't try and pull the "You hav'nt proven anything routine" (because I'm assertive that someone rolling through these forums read my post followed up the information and actually learned something valuble about the two motors). Just because you're to stubborn and ignorant to accept the truth, does'nt mean somone else has'nt.

Again, when you get some experience. Your opinion will be valid. Until then, keep bench and mag racing, because thats all the experience you have now.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:30 PM   #26
57ock
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
You're still at this? You can continue your childish semantics, or you can accept fact and proof from valuble experience. You were giving opinions(because you don't know anything abou the motors), I was given truth from experience. See the difference? But I guess in your "childish-know-it-all" mind state, you're not willing to accept something you don't even know about. So failure to learn what you never knew is'nt shame on my part, its ignorance on yours.

Please, do not put words in my post. Need I not admit anything. The SR is not a good trap racer. If you wanna proove to me why, other than using examples as "I know people running 10's" or "I've read etc.."; I fully invite you to. You still have yet to answer my questions of anything regaurding to your man hours on autocross, drift, and drag-race applications. Simply because you have none. So please, don't try and pull the "You hav'nt proven anything routine" (because I'm assertive that someone rolling through these forums read my post followed up the information and actually learned something valuble about the two motors). Just because you're to stubborn and ignorant to accept the truth, does'nt mean somone else has'nt.

Again, when you get some experience. Your opinion will be valid. Until then, keep bench and mag racing, because thats all the experience you have now.


You haven't proven anything. YOU say your a hot shot. But you can't prove it. So give it up Sr20 is a good engine for drag racing. It's proven and a fact.

So the day you finally learn and understand the concepts of turbocharged cars. Maybe the better. Which proves you have VERY limited experience.

Far more limited then someone who races sr20det powered cars for the last 6 years.
__________________
www.car-forums.com
57ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:46 AM   #27
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
You haven't proven anything. YOU say your a hot shot. But you can't prove it. So give it up Sr20 is a good engine for drag racing. It's proven and a fact.

So the day you finally learn and understand the concepts of turbocharged cars. Maybe the better. Which proves you have VERY limited experience.

Far more limited then someone who races sr20det powered cars for the last 6 years.
You're still at it? Damn you Aussies never shut up. I don't care what you race. You say its a well known fact, so where is the fact? Go back a few post....

"The KA-T is suited for dragging because its bulletproof, its powerband is suited towards dragging, and its easily avalibe for parts.
A Turbo kit can easily be made with a Turbonetics turbo, a spearco I/C and piping. In fact, many kits are currently avalible.

The SR20 is suited towards non-straghit line driving because its powerband is lower-down where you need it. Most SR's are running 12-14.5's in the 1/4 with the modded ones running 12's. This is because the SR20s powerband combined with the gearing make it ill-suited to drag."

I believe I explained it in simple terminology. KA-T has a drag racing powerband, and the SR20 has a lower torque power band. THOSE ARE FACTS. Where are yours?

You just don't wanna listen do you. Look a the dynocharts for a KA-T compared to an SR20. If you know anything about racing you'll see that the SR20 revs a hell of alot faster than a KA. The SR20 has a hell of alot better lower torque and lower torque is what is best when going through autocross turns and coming out of corners. Not to mention the SR20 is an aluminum block so it will give you a better weight distribution in racing. HOWEVER, being aluminum prevents it from having the strenght and durability that an iron block KA motor will have.

What you need to understand is this is a predominantly American forum. Our cars come with KA24's stock. Where as yours come wiht SR20's. It only makes sense for you to keep the original motor in the car and just work with that as many people don't usually export USDM motors. Its also very likley that because you've never experienced a KA24's power, you don't know what they are capable of and you are most likley biased towards them. Yes it is possible for an SR20 to run 10's, yes there are alot of parts, yes the motor is more powerful in stock form than the KA24. I'm not arguing that, I'm simply saying the KA24 is a better suited drag race motor.

The KA24 has a nice torque curve, wich is essential in drag racing. Hp does'nt is'nt going to help if you don't have torque. The SR20's torque curve is'nt that bad either, its just not as nice as the KA24s. The stock internals on a KA24 will handle roughly 500-700HP, Wich is a plus when trying to get as much HP and TQ as possible to get faster runs. Its only logical for you to think the SR20 is "better" and you can choose to think that. Many people have no faith or just simply don't know about the KA or don't care to know. Well I know, and I'm telling you. The KA24 will be the better of the two for drag racing, costwise, powerband wise, and legally IF you live in a country where the KA is offered as the normal engine.

Its as simple as it gets, almost all of the people on these forums are American. So for lack of better generelization, my statement stands. The KA24 motor is the better suited for drag racing..
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:43 AM   #28
57ock
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 316
I seriously couldn't be bothered reading that. As I disgree with you anyway. You have your opinion and I have mine
__________________
www.car-forums.com
57ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:42 PM   #29
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
I seriously couldn't be bothered reading that. As I disgree with you anyway. You have your opinion and I have mine

The power of ignorance compells you.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:12 AM   #30
x0dyssey
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
ok DSMer you are an idiot....

lets get this clear. SRs are good Drag motors all in how you set it up. the gearing in the SR tranny and the KA tranny are the SAME! as for prices of swaps form a show your looking at around 4800 for a full SR swap custom AC FMIC FUEL PUMP and AUTO -> Manual Swap... Black Top S13 SR20DET....

RB20 is about 1k less for the same thing...

KA-T is a verry good motor, but for some nice power you wnat a lower mileage motor.. so usualy the stock KA is not a good choice. Yes 3k for a greddy Turbo kits nets you about 250 WHP but thats onyl on 7psi.

Now the SR stock i belive is 7-10 psi for around 190 WHP...

KA is 9.5-1 appx
SR is 8.5 or 9 to i dont know off the top of my head right now

so the SR can handle more Boos Stock, there fore the cost of Upgrading the KA wiht interanals to handle more boost Is more by about 2k dollars. BUt by then you ahve already spent 6k and can fianly handle 20psi for the ka and a nice 450 whp appx.

The Sr is just popular right now becuse it is easy. both to do and to get parts.

Either motor is good it just depends on your purpose and tunning options.
and as always how much money do you want to spend for the power you are looking for.
x0dyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.