Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2005, 09:49 AM   #16
CAMEL
CF Newbie

Okkher You guys joke about not much good Aussie cars. And thats fair enough given that you never see any!

But there is heaps of info and reading and stories, about the greatness, and failures of Aussie cars about the place.
I may try to whack a big thing together if i can be bothered. But there is so much to cover
CAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #17
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMEL
Okkher You guys joke about not much good Aussie cars. And thats fair enough given that you never see any!

But there is heaps of info and reading and stories, about the greatness, and failures of Aussie cars about the place.
I may try to whack a big thing together if i can be bothered. But there is so much to cover
Cool, that will be a learning experience!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:01 PM   #18
Wadi
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Cool, that will be a learning experience!

G'day just joined this forum. I don't know much about american cars, but I can help with the aussie ones.

Have a look at
http://www.summernats.com.au/photos.htm
Summernats is a big car-fest that every enthusiast attempts to attend each year, which attracts just about every type of car fan (ricer, low-rider, horsepower hero, muscle, street, burnouts, show, spl monster etc etc). I went this year, and saw some strange and awesome cars.
Like the little blue excel (wtf everyone yelled) seeing an excel with scoops, until it started doing burnouts, and everyone found out it was converted to RWD, V8 twin turbo, except it crashed into the wall later. Other highlights are party bus, miss summernats, Jack Daniels girls, rock-conquering 4WD with shocks through the bonnet, burnouts, dune-racer, and Gary Myers awesome black burnout mustang, and his Silver Bullet, slammed, twin supercharged mustang that sticks over the roof of the car. More at www.garymyers.com.au, including movies.

Theres a lot of aftermarket companies for aussie cars such as Nizpro and CAPA, which have both developed massive power kits.
http://www.nizpro.com.au/media_main.html has some videos of their Falcon XR6-Turbo engine (4L straight 6) which makes 1163HP or 750 KW. And an F355 twin turbo ferrari.
http://www.capa.com.au/ to see all their products which are well tested, as they had a 1022HP LS1 Crewman (ute) which is road-driven and returns 13.5L/100km over 1000kms.

Sorry for long post, but thats a few of the highlights of aussie cars, gotta sleep for uni tommorow, its nearly midnight here.

Wads
Wadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:51 AM   #19
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

I don't think there's enough of us around here to talk about Aussie cars all the time. I'd prefer to just mention them every now and then as a comparison to the cars being talked about on the forum.

Sure, if you've got something specific to ask/say about Aussie cars, then just post it in one of the other sections (whatever seems most appropriate). If it's interesting, people will find it and continue the thread.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #20
Wally
I Know More Than You

This :

and this:

and finally this:

What else is there?
Old 04-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #21
CAMEL
CF Newbie

hmmm well i can talk about the old Aussie cars, The Holdens, Valiants, Minis and the like, to a lesser extent the Falcons, umm dunno, anything oldish, the more tuff cars that Australia has produced. They are such wonderful, and diverse cars, that if anyone cares about i probably could tell them,
someone else can care about the 'new' cars, eg after 80's but old is the best for Australia
Old 04-06-2005, 01:41 PM   #22
Wally
I Know More Than You

Well maybe you can solve the mystery of why the 186s was replaced by the 173 and 202 ?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #23
CAMEL
CF Newbie

NEGATIVE

Hmm the 186 was a good old donk apparently
And also the 202 was the biggest heap a shit made, from stories ive read and also peoples that i knows experiences.
hmmmm
Old 04-07-2005, 11:06 PM   #24
Wally
I Know More Than You

Unfortuantely I am old enough to have had first hand experience with said motors. The 202 was alright when done up to XU1 specs, but the 186 was quite a pokey engine with some triples, etc.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:08 AM   #25
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Unfortuantely I am old enough to have had first hand experience with said motors. The 202 was alright when done up to XU1 specs, but the 186 was quite a pokey engine with some triples, etc.

don't talk to him anymore, he's got a WCE flag in his sig ... lol
I think they'll be a good show this year.... if they can knock off the mighty lions and the reigning premiers.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:10 AM   #26
CAMEL
CF Newbie

HAHAHA Sorry we have the wood over those Lions we do
Havent lost in a while won 2 at the Gabba They must be pretty good to give them such a good touching up over the last 2 seasons in Brisbane. Well im from Tassie i have no loyalties to WA just i go for the Weagles

Hmm
well Unfortunately im NOT old enough to be around to see the engines 1st hand.
Im only 18, but my first car was an EJ Wagon with the original grey 138. I didnt know a lot back then (it was unregoed and needed a little work) But there was no rust, and it was roadworthy and registerable and driveable. A super car got it for 850 bucks, You will NEVER find a car that good for that cheap ever again in know now
hmm but i sold it to a family friend so it aint that bad, he said when he fixes it up i can even drive it on the raod. I only got to hang it out in the paddock HAHAHA good fun

So the engines were alright then?
I read that in every aspect including fuel efficency and obviously power, acc, whatever, the 350 would out do the 202, even for town driving and just other stuff>? I mean it sounds to me like a ( maybe it depends what colour it was> for which i doint know what means? ) big heap of rubbish>?
Old 04-08-2005, 06:48 AM   #27
Wally
I Know More Than You

The 202 was a red motor six. The 350 was a cousin of the 327, which were both a POS V8 really, which is why Holden started making their own 308. The LJ GTR-XU1 202 had no problem out handling and out pacing the Monaros fitted with the 350. It was only marginally slower than the GTHO XY.

http://www.mybarina.com/gallery/Torana-GTR-XU1-Car-Club

The only reason the Eagles were allowed to win against the Lions, was to avert injury prior to important matches.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:05 AM   #28
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
The only reason the Eagles were allowed to win against the Lions, was to avert injury prior to important matches.

Amen!!!.... that and half our key players were probably suspended for rough play ... and they still are.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:41 AM   #29
CAMEL
CF Newbie

Hahaha

Dirty play
Gee they are dirty people

Poor Innocent Nick

HAHAHAHA

oh well
gee its been hard to tip

ok

Aussie cars it is
Old 04-15-2005, 05:42 AM   #30
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMEL
Hahaha

Dirty play
Gee they are dirty people

Poor Innocent Nick

HAHAHAHA

oh well
gee its been hard to tip

ok

Aussie cars it is
Tell me about it ... I've got 4 right from the last 2 rounds (total)