Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2005, 03:59 AM   #31
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
yeah, I'm still fairly new and ambitious, but I see the point that you're at. The only question I guess i have is; what do we do about it then? How do we make people be independant and go forage on their own? What can we possibly do to make them want to get the info themselves? Embargo our knowledge?

Those who want knowledge will find it...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:09 AM   #32
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Those who want knowledge will find it...

I'm changing my motto from;

Knowledge flows from those who have it to those who want it
to
Knowledge flows from those who are willing to give it up to those who want it.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:09 AM   #33
CarEXPERT
Banned

Just to tell you I read that howstuffwork.com before I joined the forum and I understand it but there were some things that they didnt say. Thats why I ask the question here.
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:12 AM   #34
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Just to tell you I read that howstuffwork.com before I joined the forum and I understand it but there were some things that they didnt say. Thats why I ask the question here.

Like what a clutch is?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:19 AM   #35
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Like what a clutch is?

NO i never asked that! my questions were acually good questions. Like how to rev a car without pressing the throttle.
Old 01-21-2005, 04:28 AM   #36
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I'm changing my motto from;

Knowledge flows from those who have it to those who want it
to
Knowledge flows from those who are willing to give it up to those who want it.
It's not a matter of being "willing to give it up". Look at most of my posts and you'll see a long pattern of passing along information and trying to help people. The problem is people who don't really want it, care about, etc. Hell, I've written paragraphs to answer a member's specific question and not even gotten a "f*ck you" for my efforts.

I can honestly say that I have more overall car knowledge (experience and education will do that) than anyone who regularly participates in this forum with the possible exception of ChrisV. Somehow I managed to get it without being on a forum badgering people with mindless questions. Any guesses how?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 04:45 AM   #37
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
It's not a matter of being "willing to give it up". Look at most of my posts and you'll see a long pattern of passing along information and trying to help people. The problem is people who don't really want it, care about, etc. Hell, I've written paragraphs to answer a member's specific question and not even gotten a "f*ck you" for my efforts.

I can honestly say that I have more overall car knowledge (experience and education will do that) than anyone who regularly participates in this forum with the possible exception of ChrisV. Somehow I managed to get it without being on a forum badgering people with mindless questions. Any guesses how?

No, how wvhobo?
Oh, and f*** you if you answer my question.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:38 AM   #38
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo

Because you got out there and did it with your two hands. And that's the way it should be today.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:05 PM   #39
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I think it would be nice to have Gearhead Garage back. It was great in the glory days seeing those people helped here, mostly by Hobo, but by others also. Memories...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 11:50 PM   #40
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I think it would be nice to have Gearhead Garage back. It was great in the glory days seeing those people helped here, mostly by Hobo, but by others also. Memories...

I need the most help. put it back
Old 01-22-2005, 11:52 PM   #41
Who?
Banned

... waiting for it ... I can see people taking aim ... Boy, you really set yourself up with that one CarEXPERT. I would have chosen my words a little more carefully.

On a different note, an interesting thread might by the 'urban myths' section aka spoilers add hp, each sticker is worth 1/2 hp, add a pod filter in a hot engine bay increases horse power etc.

Last edited by Who? : 01-23-2005 at 12:02 AM.
Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:01 AM   #42
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?
... waiting for it ... I can see people taking aim ... Boy, you really set yourself up with that one CarEXPERT. I would have chosen my words a little more carefully.

On a different note, an interesting thread might by the 'urban myths' section aka spoilers add hp, each sticker is worth 1/2 hp, add a pod filter in a hot engine bay increases horse power etc.
I think that section could perhaps do the worst thing imaginable: create another Ricer! It would be funny though.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 04:46 AM   #43
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I think that section could perhaps do the worst thing imaginable: create another Ricer! It would be funny though.

it's like what vwhobo said. it; requires too much work, and the only people who can really run it are Chrisv or hobo. it's a full time job, and that's why it died. Unless we get some ambitious genious to come onto the forums, the gearhead garage will most likely remain dead.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:27 AM   #44
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
it's like what vwhobo said. it; requires too much work, and the only people who can really run it are Chrisv or hobo. it's a full time job, and that's why it died. Unless we get some ambitious genious to come onto the forums, the gearhead garage will most likely remain dead.

Godlaus, you know how you made that artical about nitrous, maybe people can make it on other stuff, like the COOLING SYSTEM, so then i and other people woulnt be so ignorant.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:09 AM   #45
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
Godlaus, you know how you made that artical about nitrous, maybe people can make it on other stuff, like the COOLING SYSTEM, so then i and other people woulnt be so ignorant.

Or you could do some research and find that same information out there that has allready been written several times over. I think that works alot better than begging somone else to write it yah know?

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote