Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2003, 04:12 AM   #1
piratef7

Car Qutoes

i got an SUV for my birthday (4runner) and its ok, but i was really hopin for more of a sporty car...
i tried some of the main car quote websites, but they were all pretty hard to use, so i guess does anyone know of any good car websites that are easy to compare different cars (my main obstacle right now is price , since i only have a small part time job)
Old 06-17-2003, 10:39 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Car Qutoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratef7
i got an SUV for my birthday (4runner) and its ok, but i was really hopin for more of a sporty car...
i tried some of the main car quote websites, but they were all pretty hard to use, so i guess does anyone know of any good car websites that are easy to compare different cars (my main obstacle right now is price , since i only have a small part time job)

If I gave my kid a car for his birthday (not a chance in hell) and the first thing he wanted to do with it is trade it off I'd make damn sure he appreciated it. When I booted his ass out of the house at least he'd have a place to live.

Now to try to answer your question. What exactly are you comparing, just price? Type of car? Your best bet is probably http://www.autotrader.com/

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 11:26 PM   #3
piratef7

haha, yeh well i didnt just get just get it (last sept.), but me and my dad have been talking about trading it in, so i was just doing some research.

anyways i know this sounds retarded, but i just want my car to look fast mainly (been watchin too many car movies), but still not cost too much. ill probably end up just getting some asian import, and try some modifications once i learn more.

thanks for the info though, that site works pretty well. ill probably be askin some more questions once i find a few that i like (and can afford)
Old 06-18-2003, 12:29 AM   #4
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Well, what is your price-range? I can tell you that you could probably pick up a fox-body stang for the price of an Asian import and be relatively fast. The insurance will be a little higher, but it will be much cheaper to modify. Of course, the looks of the Fox-Body Mustangs aren't for everybody, and if your set on an import, then by all means disregard this post.
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 01:24 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratef7
haha, yeh well i didnt just get just get it (last sept.), but me and my dad have been talking about trading it in, so i was just doing some research.

anyways i know this sounds retarded, but i just want my car to look fast mainly (been watchin too many car movies), but still not cost too much. ill probably end up just getting some asian import, and try some modifications once i learn more.

thanks for the info though, that site works pretty well. ill probably be askin some more questions once i find a few that i like (and can afford)

It sounds like for what you want you're right on track. You can get a mid '90's Japanese car for cheap and rice it up a little. Good luck.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote