Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2004, 05:35 PM   #1
for20
CF Newbie

close but not a match...what to do

changed out transmission but shifter levers are in opposit position one faceing up the other down
causeing the shift pattern to be reversed

89 mustang 5.0 automatic c4 old tranny was the orignal ... replaced with one out of a mercury (column shift)89 thunderbird but the mustang is a (floor shift) causeing the shifter cable to need to push to shift not pull how can I correct this problem?
for20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Hi, do you really want an answer to that question?....if so I suggest you take a long hard look at what you've written and assertain what's wrong with it...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by for20
changed out transmission but shifter levers are in opposit position one faceing up the other down
causeing the shift pattern to be reversed

89 mustang 5.0 automatic c4 old tranny was the orignal ... replaced with one out of a mercury (column shift)89 thunderbird but the mustang is a (floor shift) causeing the shifter cable to need to push to shift not pull how can I correct this problem?
For once Cliffy and I seem to agree on something. That is without doubt the most poorly worded question, and maybe even thread, that I have ever seen. If you would like to try again and re-word this we might be able to help.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote