Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2004, 12:35 AM   #1
colahearn
CF Newbie

Question Laserline 975S - need help with resetting after new car battery

G'day

I have a 1984 944 Porsche which is fitted with a 975S Laserline alarm/immobiliser/central locking system.

Two days ago I replaced the car's battery, and since then I have been unable to start the car. The car will turn over, but will not fire. There is no spark from the coil, and I think that when I disconnected the battery it has somehow locked the imobiliser system.

The central locking, which is all part of the alarm/imobiliser remote, still works fine. I am able to open the car with the remote, deactivate the alarm, but the car will not fire at all.

I have looked at several Laserline websites, but have not found any information on this particular alarm/imobiliser system.

I am wondering if anybody has any information about how to reset this alarm/imobiliser, or how I can find out how to do this.

Really appreciate any advice at all.

cheers
Col
colahearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:58 PM   #2
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by colahearn
G'day

I have a 1984 944 Porsche which is fitted with a 975S Laserline alarm/immobiliser/central locking system.

Two days ago I replaced the car's battery, and since then I have been unable to start the car. The car will turn over, but will not fire. There is no spark from the coil, and I think that when I disconnected the battery it has somehow locked the imobiliser system.

The central locking, which is all part of the alarm/imobiliser remote, still works fine. I am able to open the car with the remote, deactivate the alarm, but the car will not fire at all.

I have looked at several Laserline websites, but have not found any information on this particular alarm/imobiliser system.

I am wondering if anybody has any information about how to reset this alarm/imobiliser, or how I can find out how to do this.

Really appreciate any advice at all.

cheers
Col
I'll assume your in the UK. If so, call Bridgwater Electronics,01278 789552. I don't have a clue