Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2004, 03:57 AM   #1
chichi
CF Newbie

Xbox or PS2?

Which gaming console do you guys prefer? I like the Xbox but the PS2 has better games I don't know but tell me what you think?
Old 10-09-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
archangle
CF Enthusiast

I to agree that the PS2 has the better games but I am going to go with the Xbox,only because of the fact that you dont have to use a memory stick
Old 10-10-2004, 04:19 PM   #3
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Meh, I like my PS2 more than any other game system out right now. However, I have yet to play an Xbox, so my opinion is kind of one-sided right now anyways....

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

having all 3 of the latest populaur consoles the x-box the game cube and the PS2.. i can say that

3rd goes to the game cube there still bassed to much on cartoony graphics ... nerrrrr

2nd goes to x-box whilst have 50,000+ free blocks of internal memory it just doesnt have enough intresting games to be able to take that much...

1st PS2 has to be the daddy.. its got the games and the graphics does it for me and its the only console i brought with me to university even though i never really play it anymore...

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:15 AM   #5
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

The fact that PS2 has GTA 3,Vice City, and soon to be 5 San Andreas, Final Fantasy Online, and GT3 A- Spec(soon to be 4). The 3 greatest action, RPG, and racing games in the market with online capability makes PS2 the better candidate.

Although X-Box has Halo 1 and 2, it just does'nt have enough gaming choice to overpower PS2, and practicly every other game I have'nt mention have double if not triple gaming console compatability like NFS Underground, Gotham Project, Madden 05` etc...

Both system have practicly the same options, and there are Linux OS kits available for PS2, so using the X-Box storage device as a crutch will not work. They both have online compatability, but the PS2 just has more top market games. So its goes to PS2, handsdown.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:04 AM   #6
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

PS2 simple because it has GT3.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:22 AM   #7
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

I'm an Xbox fan, even though i own a PS2, i play Xbox at friends houses and like it a lot. I just don't think there are enough multiplayer games for PS2, so i prefer Xbox, although PS2 does have Gran Turismo. It's a great, addicting game, but there would be SO much I would change about it.

1.) The cars: it needs a bigger variety of cars. Perhaps more American cars or European cars than 15 different types of Evo's and Skylines. And more every day driver cars, not super-fast versions of a Mustang. Also, i've noticed more than half of the cars are NOT sold in America, so you're like, "what the hell is a Mazda Demio???")
2.)There should be a few more city-oriented tracks.
3.) the modifications are too vague. They should introduce brand-names for the parts and drawbacks to buying certain parts. (it's too easy to make the perfect modified car.)
4.) You should be able to put on bodykits, spoilers, etc, although there is a great wheel selection
5.) The Ability To Change Your Paint Job AFTER You Buy The Car!!! It annoys me SO much!
6.) Lastly, i'd like to see more race modes. Maybe an elimination race or pursuit mode, something different and exciting.

Well, thats what i think about GT3. Hopefully, Gran Turismo 4 will be better...
Old 10-18-2004, 03:12 PM   #8
Inygknok
El del Supra

the PS2 only has better games and a much larger variety, but still, the xbox is a much better machine. way better graphics and performance hands down. more economical too due to its built in hard drive and dsl/cable modem adaptability. other than that, its dvd player function is MUCH better than that of the ps2's.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 03:29 AM   #9
L2006
CF Newbie

I really like the PS2 because of the controller. Xbox is great, and all, but I hate there controller. Straight outta' dreambox!
L2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:13 AM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I gotta go with wat I have... a PS2 pals! I have over 30 games, most racing, and I must say that it is the most versitile system I can find. The XBOX's graphics are head-and-shoulders over the PS2's but the PS2 has waaaay more titles on it than the XBOX, and is much smaller with the new PS2 slim. I do dislike having to go to my friend's house to play Halo and Halo 2 tho...

PS2!

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 03:10 AM   #11
99hatch
CF Newbie

ps2 slim all the way....good for gove-compartment inatalls+ wiresless controllers are pimpin....
99hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 04:00 AM   #12
talongod33
CF Newbie

xbox for me man better graphics card and more internal memory, i love how you can put cd on the thing and you HAVE to love halo its the best multiplayer game out there.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:18 AM   #13
Black Hatch
CF Newbie

PS2
- Better controller
- Better games

XBox
- Better Graphics
- Quicker Loading
- Internal Saving besides Memory Stick

They are both really good. Thats why I use them both.
Black Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 08:53 PM   #14
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Hmmm... An age old argument, but I have to go with PS2

Why? Because it has the multimedia. The only truly good game xbox has is Halo, and that's available for computer. (All FPS belong with a mouse). So, PS2, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:58 AM   #15
busted shoulder
CF Newbie

x-box all the way, halo and halo 2 are insane, and getting to make fun of the people you kill while you play them online, increases the fun exponentially, and fable on x-box one o fhte best rpg games i've played
busted shoulder is offline   Reply With Quote