Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2004, 03:47 AM   #1
Raven
CF Newbie

Talon/Eclipse

can i use parts like lights and stuff from a 96 eclipse and put them on my cousin's talon cause i can't find good parts like lights and stuff on ebay for my cousin's 96 talon
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i dont think theyd bolt up exactly, no
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:11 PM   #3
Dcalado_
CF Newbie

im not really sure but i think you can...i was browsing this site and it had headlights that were labelld for eclipse or talon so i assume the parts are interchangeable
Dcalado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 02:22 AM   #4
Raven
CF Newbie

yeah that's why i'm asking if eclipse parts will fit on a talon of the same year because sometimes i find stuff labeled for both cars but before i buy i want to make sure i don't want to buy something i can't use. cause the two cars look the same but that doesn't always mean they are the same
Old 07-29-2004, 04:15 AM   #5
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
yeah that's why i'm asking if eclipse parts will fit on a talon of the same year because sometimes i find stuff labeled for both cars but before i buy i want to make sure i don't want to buy something i can't use. cause the two cars look the same but that doesn't always mean they are the same

I'm not sure. I know that Eagle purposely changed aesthetic things to differentiate the cars, the spoiler being the main one. If I had to guess, taillights would be different slightly, too. Though generally the same location and shape, that's because the car's wired for lights there, I wouldn't count on tail lights and headlights being the same thing, necessarily. I wouldn't Talk to someone who can really find out for you. A local car tuner store would be an ideal place to find out.

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
boosted rb
CF Newbie

aftermarket talon lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
can i use parts like lights and stuff from a 96 eclipse and put them on my cousin's talon cause i can't find good parts like lights and stuff on ebay for my cousin's 96 talon
you can put the talon lights on the eclipse but you will have a gap on the inside edge of the light. about 1/4 of a inch. does not stand out much. as for other parts the talon has no paint on the roof just like the first gen. and the tail light is not the same at all i had to do a lot of body work to convert mine. next the front bumper is the same, but with a diff. logo. the only other thing that is different is the wing. the talon has the same spoiler but a different wing
boosted rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 04:01 PM   #7
Raven
CF Newbie

thanx guys
Old 10-27-2004, 04:11 AM   #8
nektratta
CF Newbie

depends on head lights or tail lights