Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2004, 03:46 AM   #31
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Those are not good questions, because they won't prove that he knows anything.

Meh, but he'll have to know how to use the internet to find the answers, so he has to know something.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 03:49 AM   #32
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Meh, but he'll have to know how to use the internet to find the answers, so he has to know something.

here...if we'll roll with that idea, ive got a question for him.

Historians have traditionally labeled the period after the War of 1812 the "Era of Good Feelings." Evaluate the accuracy of this label, in a well-written, coherent essay, considering the emergence of nationalism and sectionalism.

how's that for a test of knowledge?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 03:50 AM   #33
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew

Historians have traditionally labeled the period after the War of 1812 the "Era of Good Feelings." Evaluate the accuracy of this label, in a well-written, coherent essay, considering the emergence of nationalism and sectionalism.

uhm...32!

My wife's cars:

Old 10-27-2004, 03:54 AM   #34
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Ummm, no. He's a worthless little douche bag too.
Haha, thats funny. Whats even more funny... at one time a few of the people on these forums believed that "worthless little douche bag" was your successor.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #35
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Haha, thats funny. Whats even more funny... at one time a few of the people on these forums believed that "worthless little douche bag" was your successor.
Only people who are easily swayed... As into joining gangs, cults, religious terrorist organizations and fundamentalist churches. Besides as you all know by now, Twhat isn't even qualified to be a pimple on my ass. After all he's only Twhat!

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:04 PM   #36
EzMustang
CF Newbie

look like all the elders say.. get knowledge, then give knowledge cause if you dont have knowledge you dont have knowledge to give... if you want knowledge on cars start by sweeping the floors and wiping the table at a auto machanics place and watch them and learn from them.. im 18 know a little about cars but thats why im working at an automechanics place CLEANING!! for the meantime but soon i hope to open my own shop once of course i have the knowledge and im through with collage so if your on this form awnser a question the best you can and the elders will put you down then give the awser the other guy was looking for and then you know the awnser...

2003 ford mustang fastback
EzMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #37
chrissy04
Banned

I understand your point, Chris. I don't like the kids that talk big and argue about shit they really know nothing about. The point is that of the forums I've checked out the vast majority are people bitching at kids or people asking ligit questions that sounded odd to the all knowing car gods but they really didn't know. And for not knowing they were torn apart. This is a hobby site for most of us and if you don't like what someone is asking don't stay in the forum. Now the kids, yes I've made comments to some kids that just talk big shit. That I understand. And back to the girl thing. I'm not saying that all of the people in here talk down to girls but a lot of them do. I don't have a chip forsay on my shoulder I have a moma attitude in life because I feel for those who learned about cars the way I did, By asking questions. Now I know there are girls whom get out there and thing that there honda with the intake and exhaust is "fast" and the flames must really add on horsepower, but, that doesn't mean that all girls are that way. Trust me I have about as much nerve for those kind of girls as every other person because they make women look like idiots in the race scene.
chrissy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 03:26 PM   #38
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew

You know SJ, that kind of sounds like you are fishing for something there. Might that be a paper you have due soon and looking for someone else to help you out in writing it??

Man I have been gone for almost a month, it is good to see that things havent changed much. New people complaining about their feelings being hurt and morons talking smack about Supras while praising Ford Lasers.... Ah same shit, different day
Old 10-27-2004, 04:30 PM   #39
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
You know SJ, that kind of sounds like you are fishing for something there. Might that be a paper you have due soon and looking for someone else to help you out in writing it??

Man I have been gone for almost a month, it is good to see that things havent changed much. New people complaining about their feelings being hurt and morons talking smack about Supras while praising Ford Lasers.... Ah same shit, different day

Good Old CF...

I haven't seen Twhat around for a while....(Or maybe it's just that I haven't even givin him more than 13 hours to come online to find the challenge...

And SJ, I knew it was 42 all along...I was just...testing you.

My wife's cars:

Old 10-27-2004, 06:41 PM   #40
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

chrissy...I feel as though you ARE one of those "kids" that talk big shit and don't really know. You claimed to have had a '99 stang with a 5.0 conversion and all this other shit but you never answer me when I call you out on the subject. WHY? Is it because you never had such a vehicle? Or, is it because you want to get respect from us here and feel as though you are at a disadvantage being as you are a female? Regardless, you have made people think you're full of shit already...too late to save yourself. You don't have to respond to this because I know you won't.....not with any straight up answers anyway. You should run for president...you have the same piss-poor political "dance around the questions" attitude.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:56 PM   #41
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
That's why I have been sent here to eliminate these assholes..(they're also known as bitches). Don't worry Chrissy, I'll save you.

Nice job of eliminating. You seem to be failing at it, Twhat. Part of that failing is due to a few assumptions you seem to have made that are simply untrue in regards to "leadership" and followers. vwhobo and I have never worshipped each other. Far from it. But I respect his knowledge, and I understand why he treats so many here the way he does. neither he nor I are in a popularity contest, nor could we give a rat's ass whether people like us or not, or whether he or I like each other. That's immaterial to the matter at hand, which is dealing with ignorant individuals who feel that opinion is self supprting and that actual knowledge is worthless.

Quote:
But seriously, if you have a question, and I know the answer to it, I'll answer it for you and I won't make you feel bad about not knowing.

That's true of all of us. You're not special in that regard. Again, we have yet to have a problem with people that simply want to learn, and don't know much yet.

.................................................. .....

A little example, Chrissy, is in Zook, in a thread here about why american V8s are "so weak." He doesn't know much, and initially it seemed that even though he seemed to have some preconceived notions why, he was asking questions, which I tried to answer. I didn't get upset with him until he started ignoring the reasons why, and arguing, and it became apparent that he, like many, were not here to learn, but merely expose their preconceived notions, and then argue with people who have direct experience. Chrissy, too many people are like that, and many of us no longer give second chances. You get one shot to prove whether you are interested in learning, or interested in arguing. If it's the latter, you WILL get berated, and deservedly so.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:30 PM   #42
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48

well...you're partially right. it is my latest DBQ (document based question) for AP US History, which is due tomorrow - but at the time i asked Twhat the question i had already finished the essay

besides, do you really think i would trust Twhats answer?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 04:08 AM   #43
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

Sarcastically speaking, it's good to see Twhat back...I guess his mommy took away his 1:64 scale NSX that he was so over-joyed about.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:08 AM   #44
What
Banned

Quote:
Ok, let's do this. Here is a couple questions for "What" to answer ...
Jesus Christ, are those the best car questions you can ask me? Well, I'll go ahead and "knock em' off" one by one...
Quote:
What is the only 3 colors the 1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU was available in?
White, Black and Red

Quote:
What was the first year the Beretta GTZ was made?
Quote:
What were the only 2 Beretta models made in 1996, the Beretta's last year of production?
Base Beretta and Beretta Z26

Quote:
What were the only 2 engines available for the 1992 Chevrolet Beretta GTZ?
2.2 liter? Quad 4 and 3.1-liter V6
I put a question mark next to 2.2 liter because I couldn't remember if it was a 2.2 liter or 2.3 liter.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:18 AM   #45
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Meh, no need to post all of that nonsense. Just go right over to your friend Google and shut Sattys yapper with a like like this.

http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...erettahis.html

Anywhos, That quad 4 is a nice engine. We have one of those in the autoshop, brand new and clean. I always wondered what car it was from. Now I remember that Chevy donated us the Quad 4 and 32V Norhstar engine.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote