Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #61
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Last edited by JaneiR36 : 11-03-2004 at 09:00 AM.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:45 PM   #62
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Okay my previous post decided not to show But anyway.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy04
Sick, Im sorry I havent gottent back to you. I dont always go back and check on post right away. I have things to do as well.

Therein lies my opinion on the subject. While you're not necessarily a classic example, should the members of the forum really change for people who will be gone forever in two minutes? Heck, this boy you're defending, where exactly is he?

Even then, like ChrisV said, there are many helpful people (yes, to newbies) on this forum. If I were one of them, I'd be rather insulted for being constantly treated as invisible in favor of the one or two people on the forum who really couldn't care less.

Again, specifically in the boy's case, he got a lot of help -- (and not only from you!), and on another matter entirely got his ass kicked for lying about his age. What is the problem again?
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:26 AM   #63
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Lets just stick with that and move on...
1 finger up, 4 fingers still down...

You have 4 more fingers to go until my hand is completely open...
And you know "what" an open hand means....

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
-Remove your eyeglasses, makeup, and baseball cap,
-I LIKE THE FACE TO BE NAKED for the open hand slap...
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:55 PM   #64
chrissy04
Banned

You guys fight like little boys. Its like a big Highschool online. Either way were on here to talk about cars, nothing more nothing less. If you don't like someones post then don't reply. If someone asks a question that you can answer, it would be nice if you would but its not an obligation. Never the less if they proceed to argue then let it go. Those people that don't really want to learn will eventually weed themself out. When no one keeps up with their bitchin they will go bitch somewhere they can get a response. If there was more car talk and less "sexuality questioning" becuase someone like What likes to make over confident comments there would be less people like that on here. They'd go to the car chat rooms where they can get an instant fight back and fourth. Now I didn't go away I just have stuff to do from day to day and I don't always get back right away. As for the Kid I'm sure he was a bit scared off. I would be too. Either way I'm sure he's not the first person to be branded on here for asking a question. And if he argued (which I didn't see becuase I stopped going to the post) then he was probably very imature but he was young and he had that excuse. The rest of you are acting like fighting freshmen.
chrissy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:10 PM   #65
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy04
....... Its like a big Highschool online. .......

chrissy04, I applaud your efforts but your second sentence basically says it all. And I'm sure we know how thick headed highschoolers can be.

There are too many people on this forum that like to berate other people instead of being polite. The can't argue without calling names and getting all worked up. It must be easier to just call them "stupid" instead of being civil. Maybe that is how they are treated in the "real world" so they feel the need to do the same to others. Whatever the reason, it would be great if it stopped but I'm not holding my breath.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 05:34 PM   #66
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
chrissy04, I applaud your efforts but your second sentence basically says it all. And I'm sure we know how thick headed highschoolers can be.

There are too many people on this forum that like to berate other people instead of being polite. The can't argue without calling names and getting all worked up. It must be easier to just call them "stupid" instead of being civil. Maybe that is how they are treated in the "real world" so they feel the need to do the same to others. Whatever the reason, it would be great if it stopped but I'm not holding my breath.

Actually, a couple of us on here (myself included) ARE highschoolers...

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 PM   #67
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Actually, a couple of us on here (myself included) ARE highschoolers...

yeah "theman," you better watch out with those stereotypes.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:02 PM   #68
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew

Its only a stereotype if you fall into to. In spite of your reply, I can I only see that you are offended by it because you just might happen to be one of those "thick head highschoolers". Contrary to popular belief, being in Highschool does not make you a moron. Acting like a moron, makes you one. Also, being an ass, in certain situations, does not make you childish. Its called being practical. Stupid questions warrant the same kind of answer. So if you can't deal with people answering your questions just as stupidly as you asked it then leave. No ones asking you to be here. Yes this means you chrissy. I don't know who you are and I don't care if your a woman, 60 yrs old, a car expert, invented the engine(obviously you did'nt), or are a direct desendant of Albert Einstein himself. You bitch too damn much about something you will NEVER change in your entire life. Its called life, I'm suprised you made it as far as you have with that kind attitude.

If you'd like to talk about cars go do so in a CAR related thread. Don't be a hypocrite to your own words. Cease the indolent bitching, because it is not working...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:02 PM   #69
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew

Or what? You'll type mean messages at me? Please don't you might hurt my feelings.

I had considered issuing an explanation after Satty posted, but I thought that those LEVELHEADED highschoolers didn't need it and those who are like the hichschoolers (and the older people who act like them) we were referring to would not understand it anyway. I gave Satty the benefit of the doubt that he was not complaining and was instead making a joke.

Did you happen to notice the words "can be"? Not "are". I was a highschooler. I know what it is like. Many people look back on the highschool days and think about how superficial and petty people were. Some people shed it off and grow up and others take those traits with them for the rest of their lives. Which one will you be?

Those of you who "know" me through my postings know that nothing derogatory was meant by the comment. I was just going with the reference made. Those of you who took offense......get over it.

This is exactly what chrissy was talking about.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #70
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
....Also, being an ass, in certain situations, does not make you childish. Its called being practical. Stupid questions warrant the same kind of answer. ......

What if your 4th grade teacher had that attitude when you were asking your stupid questions? "No DSMer, 2+2 is 8 you little snot nosed bas*ard!" I bet you would have learned a lot.

And when is being an ass pratical? No it's just rude. Do you like it when people are an ass to you? Hell, you probably do because then you can continue doing what your good at. Being an ass.

Nothing changes if you just let it go. It takes somebody to bring it up and hopefully others will listen and perhaps make an effort to change.

I doubt we can expect it from you.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:23 PM   #71
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
What if your 4th grade teacher had that attitude when you were asking your stupid questions? "No DSMer, 2+2 is 8 you little snot nosed bas*ard!" I bet you would have learned a lot.

And when is being an ass pratical? No it's just rude. Do you like it when people are an ass to you? Hell, you probably do because then you can continue doing what your good at. Being an ass.

Nothing changes if you just let it go. It takes somebody to bring it up and hopefully others will listen and perhaps make an effort to change.

I doubt we can expect it from you.

I look arround these forums only to realize there are no 4rth graders. What is your meaning? What have you done other than piss and moan? Have you contributed any incite or valuable information to this thread other than you worthless opinion? Not that I recall, because you're just a dumabass are'nt you... yes you are. You're what I like to call, and "hypaidiot". Not only are you obtusively stupid, you like to contradict yourself. If you're so worried about everyone in the forums being an "ass" then why are you being one in return? Just because you disagree with peoples actions, that gives you the right to return the same actions? Un huh.... You have now been demoted to pondscum for your ignoramic actions. You will only be able to regain your title of human upon my approval. So hows that for being an ass pondscum?

Last edited by DSMer : 11-03-2004 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:30 PM   #72
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
1 finger up, 4 fingers still down...

You have 4 more fingers to go until my hand is completely open...
And you know "what" an open hand means....
I am afraid that the only person that can REALLY slap me is SuperJew TWhat... You have no such authority or ability to do so... sorry chap, but you just lost...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:11 AM   #73
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I am afraid that the only person that can REALLY slap me is SuperJew TWhat... You have no such authority or ability to do so... sorry chap, but you just lost...

I'm inclined to agree. You have no authority whatsoever and your attempts to cleverly insult people are pitiful.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #74
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I look arround these forums only to realize there are no 4rth graders. What is your meaning? What have you done other than piss and moan? Have you contributed any incite or valuable information to this thread other than you worthless opinion? Not that I recall, because you're just a dumabass are'nt you... yes you are. You're what I like to call, and "hypaidiot". Not only are you obtusively stupid, you like to contradict yourself. If you're so worried about everyone in the forums being an "ass" then why are you being one in return? Just because you disagree with peoples actions, that gives you the right to return the same actions? Un huh.... You have now been demoted to pondscum for your ignoramic actions. You will only be able to regain your title of human upon my approval. So hows that for being an ass pondscum?

My meaning is simple which is probably why you didn't get it. If teachers had.....ah never mind, it's not worth it.

As for what I have contributed, you know how to search don't you? figure it out for yourself. I bet you'll find it's been a bit more positive than any of your information.

And your right, I should try to curb my impulse to be an ass on this forum. You just tend to bring it out in me to such a degree that I can't hold back. And if I'm and ass to you, its because it's the only method you understand.

As for being demoted and "....regain your title of human upon my approval." Wow, I'm really hurt. Your opinion means so much to me. I don't know how I can go on.......
Old 11-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #75
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
My meaning is simple which is probably why you didn't get it. If teachers had.....ah never mind, it's not worth it.

As for what I have contributed, you know how to search don't you? figure it out for yourself. I bet you'll find it's been a bit more positive than any of your information.

And your right, I should try to curb my impulse to be an ass on this forum. You just tend to bring it out in me to such a degree that I can't hold back. And if I'm and ass to you, its because it's the only method you understand.

As for being demoted and "....regain your title of human upon my approval." Wow, I'm really hurt. Your opinion means so much to me. I don't know how I can go on.......
Its quite simple, cease our moaning and bitching. Get back to helping other people with car-related problems(wich I'll have to add you're doing a spectacular job at). Being an ass to an ass does'nt make you any better than the ass himself. So stop with your spritual, 4rth grade, simple messages. I got them, I just don't see your meaning. Point being, you and I are far to upstandard to even participate in such threads. I'm just sick of hearing people bitch so I felt the need to say something... I'll leave it at that, becuz this thread is pretty much done..