Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2004, 10:57 PM   #91
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Some of the people with plenty of legit car knowledge might feel that if they leave the discussion without a rebuttal, other readers might see the last word and take it as fact. They do, afterall, have their trusted sources (Source: You.)
Good point. But how does this support the need for a verbal beating? How does a verbal beating make the other person realize they were wrong? I don't believe it does.

A rebuttal does not have to be verbally abusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Last I checked, a request to shut up wasn't a conversation nor was it an invitation for one ....(God that sounds immature....)

By explaining the possible source of resistance, though, you seem to display a certain level of sensitivity, which is good. However, whether you admit it or not, you are requesting traits above and beyond basic courtesy of certain members of this group who barely owe "the asses" that much.
Perhaps they don't deserve it. But what is more likely going to earn their respect? I prefer to use more subtle means to make my point and hopefully they realize in the end who was correct. Yes it takes some effort to hold back and not let the expletives fly. But in the end, which also benefits you more? Are we only hear to provide information? No, were here to grow ourselves.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:23 PM   #92
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
ass kicking??? who thought they ass kicked me?? u couldnt asskick me, u try but u cant. thats y im still here, and im still strong. big deal, u think u know a lot about cars. cars my ass. i know how to ass kick. no one here got ass kicked. so shut the fuk up and go piss on ur cars, "shitheads".
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:27 PM   #93
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
It's not so much that I "want" or "require", but I would expect people to read and at least consider my point of view. I am also not asking people to be nice to complete asses. If the person completly ignors the facts then at that point it may be best to just walk away.

Oh please, don't make it seem as if we are evil tyrants. Your point of view has been considered and enacted upon many of times. People in these forums seem to take offense to facts that contradict their sayings, even if they are presented in a mannerly way. Also ignoring falicys on the internet is just as bad as saying the person is correct or you are wrong. The truth has to be put out there somehow.

Observe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Dsmer, i would shut up, look at that car in ur sig. is it urs. cuz if it is thats pathetic. where did u find? a cereal box? may be 13 but at least i can afford a book more expensive than that peice of shit.


Now if you look at this, not only is it poorly written, it displays nothing but ignorance and stupidity. This user attempts to defame me by critisizing a car in my signature(wich just so happens to be one of the fastest quartermile dragsters thats also street legal). Not only is he a complete moron, but he claims that I've gotten the car out of cereal box. Mind you that this is a 13yr old little boy who has barley grown testes, let alone have the currency to purchase anything with 4 wheels. Now what do I do in this situation? State to him that hes being naive in a calm sublte mannor; or simply call him ignorant. I choose the ladder of the two. Hes not only a dumbass, but he's young and icredibly ignorant.

Verbal abuse works. That little insignificant, parasidic, pondscum knows hes wrong. Hes going to attempt to defame me back. If you honestly think that he does'nt realize he's wrong you need to reconsider your stand on lesson teaching. He knows hes an idiot. We know hes and idiot. His teachers know hes an idiot. His parents know hes and idiot. So why not call him one? Its merely applying his invitable fate. Maybe, just maybe he'll stop and think "Oh, I really am an idiot maybe I should change". Then my methods of verbal abuse have worked. So somwhere in the distant future, he'll eventually learn. Then the verbal abuse that I gave him will make sense. Verbal abuse is'nt an istant cure. Ignorance and stupidity can't be taken away in a matter of seconds it takes to read a scentence. But the defaming hes gotten and going to get overtime will eventually get to his naieve little brain, and he'll change his ways.

Being an ass is'nt something I like to do, but its for the better good of him and all people of him alike.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:41 PM   #94
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
......Verbal abuse works. That little insignificant, parasidic, pondscum knows hes wrong. Hes going to attempt to defame me back....
So all that is happening is a continued flame war. How is that working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
......If you honestly think that he does'nt realize he's wrong you need to reconsider your stand on lesson teaching. He knows hes an idiot. We know hes and idiot. ....
He may know that he is wrong but now he is pissed at you for calling him names. So he is not going to come back and say "oh, yeah, guess your right." He wants to call you some names. It needs to be the more mature one to end this cycle.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 12:02 AM   #95
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
So all that is happening is a continued flame war. How is that working?


He may know that he is wrong but now he is pissed at you for calling him names. So he is not going to come back and say "oh, yeah, guess your right." He wants to call you some names. It needs to be the more mature one to end this cycle.

Its the same concept of "War, does it really work?". So much is gained, yet so much is lost....and in the end is there really a victor? If you say no, then look arround at your life and look what war has given you.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 12:06 AM   #96
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
Perhaps they don't deserve [sensitivity, common courtesy]**. But what is more likely going to earn their respect? I prefer to use more subtle means to make my point and hopefully they realize in the end who was correct. Yes it takes some effort to hold back and not let the expletives fly. But in the end, which also benefits you more? Are we only hear to provide information? No, were here to grow ourselves.

Actually, I'm mostly here to get information I don't know this growth of which you speak. Perhaps our goals are different. And... the respect of certain individuals isn't always a compliment.

**My Edit
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 02:33 AM   #97
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Actually, I'm mostly here to get information I don't know this growth of which you speak. Perhaps our goals are different. And... the respect of certain individuals isn't always a compliment.

**My Edit
Respect is usually a positive unless its obtained by doing bad things.

The growth I refer to is not some fungus. It is personal growth that comes from interacting with others. In your case, the growth is knowledge. You would like to broaden it. But it doesn't have to end there.

You could also work on growth as a mentor by starting to answer questions. You could work on many areas of personal growth. You just need to recognize that there is an area to work on and then make a conscious effort to do something about it. It's completely up to you.

Last edited by theman352001 : 11-06-2004 at 02:38 AM.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 06:49 AM   #98
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Oh please, don't make it seem as if we are evil tyrants. Your point of view has been considered and enacted upon many of times. People in these forums seem to take offense to facts that contradict their sayings, even if they are presented in a mannerly way. Also ignoring falicys on the internet is just as bad as saying the person is correct or you are wrong. The truth has to be put out there somehow.

Observe:



Now if you look at this, not only is it poorly written, it displays nothing but ignorance and stupidity. This user attempts to defame me by critisizing a car in my signature(wich just so happens to be one of the fastest quartermile dragsters thats also street legal). Not only is he a complete moron, but he claims that I've gotten the car out of cereal box. Mind you that this is a 13yr old little boy who has barley grown testes, let alone have the currency to purchase anything with 4 wheels. Now what do I do in this situation? State to him that hes being naive in a calm sublte mannor; or simply call him ignorant. I choose the ladder of the two. Hes not only a dumbass, but he's young and icredibly ignorant.

Verbal abuse works. That little insignificant, parasidic, pondscum knows hes wrong. Hes going to attempt to defame me back. If you honestly think that he does'nt realize he's wrong you need to reconsider your stand on lesson teaching. He knows hes an idiot. We know hes and idiot. His teachers know hes an idiot. His parents know hes and idiot. So why not call him one? Its merely applying his invitable fate. Maybe, just maybe he'll stop and think "Oh, I really am an idiot maybe I should change". Then my methods of verbal abuse have worked. So somwhere in the distant future, he'll eventually learn. Then the verbal abuse that I gave him will make sense. Verbal abuse is'nt an istant cure. Ignorance and stupidity can't be taken away in a matter of seconds it takes to read a scentence. But the defaming hes gotten and going to get overtime will eventually get to his naieve little brain, and he'll change his ways.

Being an ass is'nt something I like to do, but its for the better good of him and all people of him alike.

Wow. First of I would like to say thankyou. Its posts like urs that make my day more funny. Secondly, how the fuk would u know how i act? I am a completely different person on the net than i am in real person. Just like u are all skinny little car worms who just know about cars but dont really have any experience in the field. I am an ass here because it doesnt affect my real life. I only getting my fun on the net where nothing is real. Thats right. Sorry to burst ur bubbles guys, but this is fake. Ur status on this pathetic forum is fake. Its all fake. I am not going to defame u because its just too funny to hear ur speeches. So by all means continue to talk. its the main reason why i still come to this dump anyway. Oh yeah, just for the fun of it. FUK U< U PIECE OF SHIT, GO SUCK ON UR MAMMAS DILDO.

BTW because of my ethnicity, i probably have a bigger sex drive and more pubic hair than u do. so shove it.
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:43 PM   #99
JaneiR36
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
The growth I refer to is not some fungus. It is personal growth that comes from interacting with others. In your case, the growth is knowledge. You would like to broaden it. But it doesn't have to end there.

lol... you sure are gullible. I didn't literarily mean I didn't know; just that I didn't particularly care for that kind of growth on this forum.

Quote:
You just need to recognize that there is an area to work on and then make a conscious effort to do something about it. It's completely up to you.

I made my choice a long time ago. I'm choosing to recognize that there's nothing to work on (as far as this topic, anyway). If it's really up to me, you're just going to have to realize that I and some other members of this forum don't feel there's anything to do about this.

And now I'm agreeing to disagree.

Ciao.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:36 PM   #100
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Some of the people with plenty of legit car knowledge might feel that if they leave the discussion without a rebuttal, other readers might see the last word and take it as fact. They do, afterall, have their trusted sources (Source: You.)

This right here in a nutshell is why we DON'T leave it alone. What you describe is tacit agreement of their actions AND their statements. If we don't rebutt it, then it must be true.

Spot on.

There is no such thing as "ignore it and it will go away." It WILL stay, and it needs to be adressed.

If someone walked up to you, got in your face and said your girlfriend/wife/baby was ugly and hurled insults the way, say, SNiPeRViRuS does, and followed you around doing it, would you simply ignore it? Would it be regarded as "proper" behavior? Would you appreciate someone else telling you that you re in the wrong if you DID respond to it?
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:45 PM   #101
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Secondly, how the fuk would u know how i act? I am a completely different person on the net than i am in real person.

Not treu. The mentality that thinks it's appropriate to behave teh way you do here doesn't just come fom nowhere. You ARE an ass in real life, otherwise you couln't even comprehend of being this way "on teh net." Why do you think being online gives you the right to act this way? What part of you thinks that inappropriate behavior is something desireable to do in ANY situation, live or on teh web? Whatever it is, it proves that you are as much of an ass in real life.

Quote:
Just like u are all skinny little car worms who just know about cars but dont really have any experience in the field.

And what's that supposed to mean? "in the field?" I'm neither skinny nor fat, and I have decades of experience in numerous fields. Cars are my hobby, and buildig them used to be my business, but don't kid yourself that that's all I'm about. Same goes for anyone here.


Quote:
BTW because of my ethnicity, i probably have a bigger sex drive and more pubic hair than u do. so shove it.

And your being a chimpanzee is supposed to impress us in what way, exactly?
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 04:05 PM   #102
SuperJew
I like pie.
 
SuperJew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Suburbia Central, New York
Posts: 2,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
And your being a chimpanzee is supposed to impress us in what way, exactly?

that deserves a to SNiPeRViRuS
__________________


CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 05:27 PM   #103
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
"teh" funniest thing here is that all of u are wasting ur breath on a little 13 year, who knows hes better than u. so by all means continue to entertain me. And as for me being an ass in real life, yes i am an ass. but in real life i control it. this internet society is, like i said, fake. the rules dont apply here shithead.
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 10:01 PM   #104
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
"teh" funniest thing here is that all of u are wasting ur breath on a little 13 year, who knows hes better than u. so by all means continue to entertain me. And as for me being an ass in real life, yes i am an ass. but in real life i control it. this internet society is, like i said, fake. the rules dont apply here shithead.

Haha, breathe? Who is talking, better yet who can you hear? *looks arround* Just as I suspected; No one. While you think you are having fun, it is really us in a whole that laughs at your stupidity. I bet you probably make ChrisV's sore knucles at the end of the day go away from laughter at how stupid you are. As a matter of fact I come home from work, just to read what stupid thing you have posted next. So please I BEG you to contiue your stupidity. I don't see how you could assume that we are wasting our time because of what you say. You're merley wasting away valuble time of your measily little teenage life that could be spent learning something usefull. None the less, please continue, I find you comical. We all do. So be our forum Uncle Tom will you. We'll be happily oblidged to accept you as the dumbass you are.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 05:26 AM   #105
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 225
wow, i thought u guys were mature. ur offended by a little 13 year old, so wat do u do? u use the same thing he said and try to use it against him. wat shithead.
__________________
SNiPeRViRuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.