Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2004, 02:57 AM   #1
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
How much do car paint jobs cost?

I was wondering how much it would cost to have my car painted. Right now it's black, and I think I'm going to have it repainted black. But I was thinking about silver or bright STi blue, as well. I was just wondering how much I can expect to pay in any case. I realize it would cost less to repaint it black, but I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do. Holla back!

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:00 AM   #2
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

25 dollars... poff can is the best way to go... haha no, j/k... depends where you go... prices range
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #3
Patrick
CF Addict

Location: Louisville, KY. We don't wear shoes, and it would be a shame to see someone with a full set of teeth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
depends where you go... prices range

I understand your motivation to provide the most finite details, but next time, be a little bit more general. I'm just looking for ballpark numbers.

"Treat man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A man's health can be measured by which he takes two at a time-- pills or stairs." ~ Joan Welsh
Old 10-21-2004, 06:12 PM   #4
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

A quick Maaco type synthetic enamel paint job tends to run about $250, but it looks like crap unless YOU do a lot of prep work before hand and evn then, it only looks good for a while as it's done with the cheapest paint out there).

Just the materials cost for a decent repaint will actually cost double that figure, and then you have to ad teh labor to do it right. Expect about $1000-$1500 to respray in the same color, and $1500-3000 to change colors, depending on quality of mateials, and level of prep and detail (door jambs, under hood and trunk, etc).

ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 07:08 PM   #5
Patrick
CF Addict

Got the estimate for a paint job on my car. $1560 to keep it black, and around $1800 to change the color. I want something flashy and interesting, but not ricey and tacky. Any advice, folks?

Old 05-21-2005, 03:35 AM   #6
hondaaccord15
CF Newbie

hey whats up? wheres the cheapest place i can get a paint job done at?
hondaaccord15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:10 AM   #7
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaaccord15
hey whats up? wheres the cheapest place i can get a paint job done at?

Maaco, but with paint jobs, you usually get what you pay for.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 02:53 PM   #8
DodgeRida67
Banned

A good paint job, one that will last, one done right to near showroom quality, everything repainted, will blow your socks off. I'm talking 6-8 grand. Some will even run over 10K if your painting an entire shell. It's crazy. Painting costs sicken me. I realize people don't have the right equipment, time, or skills and know how to do it themselves but it seems to be the only way.

I can't wait to get through with the painting of my car. What a pain in the ass. I'm going to hate it.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote