Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2004, 03:42 PM   #1
the frog
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4
nitros for 2004 Honda civic 1.6 liter Vtech engine

decided to improve the Honda 1.6(1598 cc, to be precise) V-tech engine. it gives some 125 hp now, with the K&N filter, the predator muffler and without
it was originally 105hp.

i would like some more power, let's say some 40 hp more = 165hp.
after researching, since i do'nt want it to cost too much, and since i do'nt need the additional power all the time, i got to the conclusion that a nitrous system would suit me best.

what system would be suitable for the 2004 1.6 liter Vtech engine?
could anyone be specific with make, model and part number?
i usually place my orders with Summit, but i do'nt know if they
are the right source, in this case.
appriciate your answers
Barry
the frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by the frog
decided to improve the Honda 1.6(1598 cc, to be precise) V-tech engine. it gives some 125 hp now, with the K&N filter, the predator muffler and without
it was originally 105hp.

i would like some more power, let's say some 40 hp more = 165hp.
after researching, since i do'nt want it to cost too much, and since i do'nt need the additional power all the time, i got to the conclusion that a nitrous system would suit me best.

what system would be suitable for the 2004 1.6 liter Vtech engine?
could anyone be specific with make, model and part number?
i usually place my orders with Summit, but i do'nt know if they
are the right source, in this case.
appriciate your answers
Barry

Dayum a brand new Civic.... I'd be afraid to fry that thing.

Since your engine is brand new and you probably don't have any strenghtened internals. I would go with the Nos Sport Compact Wet System. For the 1.6 V-tecs. Or just get a ZEX Honda 1.6 kit wet. Although you're only looking for a short ammount of power so dry may be a better option for you.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:51 AM   #3
chichi
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 26
for the price of nos you can get yourself a turbo which you wont have to pay to refill unlike nos bottles. if you go for a high boost get aftermarket pistons, rods, etc etc.
__________________
Good Enough Is Not Good Enough.
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:57 AM   #4
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichi
for the price of nos you can get yourself a turbo which you wont have to pay to refill unlike nos bottles. if you go for a high boost get aftermarket pistons, rods, etc etc.

Hmm.. $650 Nitrous Oxide Kit vs $3200 GReddy Turbo Kit

This is why people need to stop being complete idiots, pull thier insignificant heads out of thier ass and THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:03 AM   #5
abless
CF Anti-Mullet
 
abless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The American Empire
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichi
for the price of nos you can get yourself a turbo which you wont have to pay to refill unlike nos bottles. if you go for a high boost get aftermarket pistons, rods, etc etc.


Actually, a turbo is about 5 times as expensive, and decreases fuel economy. Not to mention strengthened internals as part of the $$$.
__________________
abless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:15 PM   #6
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by abless
Actually, a turbo is about 5 times as expensive, and decreases fuel economy. Not to mention strengthened internals as part of the $$$.

Thank you for re-typing what I allready just said. I love nothing more than to be echoed by you. Thank you for your great deed.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 04:13 PM   #7
RicerHater
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
oh, boy, 1.6 liters

oh boy! 1.6 liters!
RicerHater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.