Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #1
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Mitsubishi spoiler question.

I have two questions…

1)I am planning to get a factory oz spoiler for my 2002 white lancer es. I found a place over here in san francisco where they offered me 340$ to have it ordered purchase install and paint. I didn’t take the offer, I searched around and came about this other place. They offered me 320$. My question is, is that a fair price to purchase a spoiler, to have it installed and painted? I looked around ebay and a painted factory oz spoiler cost around 120$. Non painted is around 70$. fyi- im not planning to buy off ebay.

2)I would like to know if there is an offcial mitsubishi website where they sell spoilers and parts I can look up in the net rather than going to a local dealer. If so please give me the link. Im thinking maybe it would be cheaper if I just buy it from mitsubishi itself and have it installed by them!? yes / no?

btw- i dont know how to install spoilers myself. so please dont tell me, to purchase the spoiler and do everything yourself and save money. thank you in advance!

Last edited by Ki2AY : 11-02-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:23 AM   #2
eurotica03
CF Newbie

I Have A 2003 Lancer Es And Went To The Mitsubishi Dealership And Wanted A Evo Wing And They Said It Was 1300$. I Said Yall Gotta Be Kiddin . Then He Said Yah And 150 To Install It.. I Have Put On A Couple Wings And They Are Not That Hard. Plus On Ebay They Have A Couple Evo Wings For 250. They Are Not Real Carbon Fiber But A Fibergalss And Look Just Alike..so I Would Go With Aftermarket Cuz Basically Your Just Paying For The Brand Name Not The Product..
eurotica03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 06:47 AM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

haha, i have an oz spoiler on my corolla... got it for 30 bucks... find someone that has an aftermarket spoiler on their oz to sell their old stock spoiler... thats what i did (BTW, it fits really well on my rolla... just check the sig to see)
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 06:49 AM   #4
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

btw, installing spoilers isnt that hard... drill holes where the bolts of the spoiler will be, and screw on the nuts... only hard part is lining it up so that you dont have a cockeyed spoiler
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:10 AM   #5
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki2AY
I have two questions…

1)I am planning to get a factory oz spoiler for my 2002 white lancer es. I found a place over here in san francisco where they offered me 340$ to have it ordered purchase install and paint. I didn’t take the offer, I searched around and came about this other place. They offered me 320$. My question is, is that a fair price to purchase a spoiler, to have it installed and painted? I looked around ebay and a painted factory oz spoiler cost around 120$. Non painted is around 70$. fyi- im not planning to buy off ebay.

2)I would like to know if there is an offcial mitsubishi website where they sell spoilers and parts I can look up in the net rather than going to a local dealer. If so please give me the link. Im thinking maybe it would be cheaper if I just buy it from mitsubishi itself and have it installed by them!? yes / no?

btw- i dont know how to install spoilers myself. so please dont tell me, to purchase the spoiler and do everything yourself and save money. thank you in advance!

Ughh, have you ever heard of search arround? Call n get quotes. Do some shopping. You had it right with the $340 and $320, keep going till you find one thats reputalble and in your budjet instead of trying to find every tightwadish way out of it. Sometimes it pays to pay...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote