Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2004, 01:14 AM   #1
redlineracer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 29
Question 15 And Needing A Cool Car

HI im 15 almost 16 and trying to discide on a car.I need something around 3000 $ Something that i can customize and look cool in.But im not just lookin for looks i want speed as well.Ive drove a 93 v6 talon/eclipse and was really fast but not still sure what to get.It really be cool to have a rwd car but not nessary.Remember this will be my first car i dosent have to be too fast.
redlineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:18 AM   #2
redlineracer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 29
OHHH yeah i have also been looking at a ford probe gt(v6) will this beat a civic or an eclipse?


But one prob with these cars they are all fwd i want a rwd to learn how to drift.

Last edited by redlineracer : 11-06-2004 at 01:28 AM.
redlineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:37 AM   #3
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
You drove a V6 Talon? Do you have pictures because I wanna see this.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:52 AM   #4
redlineracer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 29
yeah i have and it was only a cuple of times. Why would i take pics??Do you think i havent? Its not a big deal!!!! By the way it was not mine it was my uncle's
redlineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 02:06 AM   #5
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineracer
yeah i have and it was only a cuple of times. Why would i take pics??Do you think i havent? Its not a big deal!!!! By the way it was not mine it was my uncle's

The reason I ask for pictures is because there is no such thing as a V6 Talon. ALL talons came from the factory with I4's. So if you drove a V6 Talon, I'd like to see pictures of it and the engine in it. I've never seen a v6 talon swap.. quite frankly I don't know why anyone would do it, but if you say you drove one I'd like to see it.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #6
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt
 
Lukaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: England , UK
Posts: 300
your 15 and you want a cool car? i suggest you stick to matchboxs and hotwheels for a while.i highly dought your gonna be able to get a car looks the part for $3000! i am also intrigued to see this V6 Talon.

P.S will this be faster than a eclipse or a civic???

a civic what ??? Type R , SIR II ?????? or a DX? if your talking about a Type R i seriously would dought it.
__________________

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year

Last edited by Lukaz : 11-06-2004 at 01:25 PM.
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 06:41 PM   #7
654321
CF Newbie
 
654321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
Buy some 1990 Toyota corolla, soup it up.
__________________
654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:47 PM   #8
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukaz
your 15 and you want a cool car? i suggest you stick to matchboxs and hotwheels for a while.i highly dought your gonna be able to get a car looks the part for $3000! i am also intrigued to see this V6 Talon.

P.S will this be faster than a eclipse or a civic???

a civic what ??? Type R , SIR II ?????? or a DX? if your talking about a Type R i seriously would dought it.

Ughh... Who said anything about a Supra RZ? Is it me or do you get more stupid everday I see you open your mouth and "attempt" to create a reply. There are many cars that are under $3k that are in fairly good condition. Maybe you should stay in Europe or wherever the hell you're from and leave American car consumer questions to Americans ok "Mayte"?

A FordProbe(V6) would most likley beat any kind of stock civic or fwd Eclipse in a drag race, wich is what I'm going assume you mean by "beat". However, I doubt the Probe would hold its own against an AWD Eclipse or Talon...

So if you were looking in that category I would try and find a V6 Probe, Talon TSi, or Eclipse GSX.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:41 AM   #9
redlineracer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 29
sorry cant send pics he sold it because of overheating problem.I usure it was a v6 talon is the exact same as an eclipse!!!!!!! DSM-dimond star motors By the way its possible the previous owner swaped it but i doubt it.
redlineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 01:52 AM   #10
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineracer
sorry cant send pics he sold it because of overheating problem.I usure it was a v6 talon is the exact same as an eclipse!!!!!!! DSM-dimond star motors By the way its possible the previous owner swaped it but i doubt it.

Or it is possible that you and your uncle don't know jack shit about cars, assumed it was V6, and have been calling it that ever sense. Yeah, my vote goes to that one.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:04 AM   #11
redlineracer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 29
Talking

I may not know as much as you about cars,but i know a fair amount about them.I have been studying them since i was about six.I asure it was a 6 cylinder and im not a dumbass and im asking you to stop bieng an ass and accept it.Its not a big deal!!! All i ask is that you be sure of something before you attack someone with your ignorance


By the way no hard feelings and lets just forget about the whole thing.
redlineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:30 AM   #12
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineracer
I may not know as much as you about cars,but i know a fair amount about them.I have been studying them since i was about six.I asure it was a 6 cylinder and im not a dumbass and im asking you to stop bieng an ass and accept it.Its not a big deal!!! All i ask is that you be sure of something before you attack someone with your ignorance


By the way no hard feelings and lets just forget about the whole thing.

You see, you were at a privaledged position to actually get valuble information. But since you crossed the line from ignorant minor to dumbass minor you have to suffer consequences. First and foremost, I don't give a rats ass what you've been studying for however long you've been studying. You're 15 you've never owned a car, you don't even have a license, and I doubt you've worked on enough cars. So don't tell me that you know what you're talking about because you obviously dont.

I have'nt owned 2 DSM's and worked on so many I lost count to have some little adolescent prick like you tell me otherwise. If the car was a stock Talon, it has a 4cylinder engine in it. Point. Period. You claim it was stock so it has an I4. Point. Plain. Simple. If indeed it has a V6 in it, wich I HIGHLY doubt, then it was no longer stock from the point that V6 was put into it.

THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT.
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:09 AM   #13
redlineracer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Memphis
Posts: 29
Red face

Okay,your right im sure you know alot more than me like i said.!! Im just saying it did have a v6 in it and there is no since of argueing about it sorry for calling you an ass and questioning your knowledge. Your right i am 15 and i dont know jack shit compared to you but im not so stupid that i would false claim an engine calling it a v6 enen though that it is a 4 cylinder..I guess it was a swap becaus im possitive it had one.Oh and i do have my permit and who needs a lincense to drive?Not me!


Like i said previously no hard feelings
redlineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:39 AM   #14
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire
 
DSMer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineracer
Okay,your right im sure you know alot more than me like i said.!! Im just saying it did have a v6 in it and there is no since of argueing about it sorry for calling you an ass and questioning your knowledge. Your right i am 15 and i dont know jack shit compared to you but im not so stupid that i would false claim an engine calling it a v6 enen though that it is a 4 cylinder..I guess it was a swap becaus im possitive it had one.Oh and i do have my permit and who needs a lincense to drive?Not me!


Like i said previously no hard feelings

Ok James Watt. I'l just assume you have special privaledges over every motorist in America. Anywhos, if you don't mind telling me what color was the valve cover on the engine.....
__________________

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:50 AM   #15
57ock
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineracer
HI im 15 almost 16 and trying to discide on a car.I need something around 3000 $ Something that i can customize and look cool in.But im not just lookin for looks i want speed as well.Ive drove a 93 v6 talon/eclipse and was really fast but not still sure what to get.It really be cool to have a rwd car but not nessary.Remember this will be my first car i dosent have to be too fast.

Thank God, we don't let 15 year olds drive in Australia. And thank fark your not driving here.
__________________
www.car-forums.com
57ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.