Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2004, 05:03 PM   #1
Widall
CF Newbie

Disk brake conversion

I'd like to convert my 1949 Plymouth 2 door to front disk brakes on a low budget and without having to change to a firewall mounted pedal assembly if possible. I have several mid 70's plymouth, GM, and Ford parts cars from which I'd like to utilized the calipers, etc. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Where can I purchase mounting adaptors? Will the stock master cylinder develop enough pressure to handle disk brakes? If not is it practical to utilize an in line booster such as used on older trucks? I'd like to leave the Plymouth as near stock as possible. I'm running a 1952 three speed manual transmission with overdrive so the car will cruise at 70 MPH with no problem but it worries me in heavy traffice because it requires quite a bit of stopping space. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Widall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 03:41 AM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Arrow

Try the link below:

http://www.mpbrakes.com/mp6.htm

They are the disk brake experts. I would answer your questions directly but I feel they can give you the most accurate advise.

The only way to go cheaper would require alot of labor. If you're up to it let me know. I'll help you out.

Last edited by corbett_auto : 11-22-2004 at 03:44 AM.
corbett_auto is offline   Reply With Quote