Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #1
redlineracer
CF Newbie

learning to drift

Hi im very interested in drifting.I was wondering where could i leard to do this?I want it to be a safe place with instructors ect.Im not looking to get killed just for a rush.
redlineracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:43 AM   #2
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineracer
Hi im very interested in drifting.I was wondering where could i leard to do this?I want it to be a safe place with instructors ect.Im not looking to get killed just for a rush.

Race track...;but first you have to learn how to drive. Also I believe some race tracks have an age limit and you must have your license. So stick to the games for now kid.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:59 PM   #3
EzMustang
CF Newbie

hel i do it going down my road!

2003 ford mustang fastback
EzMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:15 AM   #4
VertigoPills
CF Newbie

uhhh

I might sound a bit stupid, but it's really just ignorance. what is drifting? how would one define drifting? is it what it sounds like, drifting down the road... yeah, I have no clue lol. enlightenment is appreciated (sarcasm is expected)
VertigoPills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:07 AM   #5
redlineracer
CF Newbie

I dont know how to exactly define it but is the losing of traction of your back tires cause by extreme acceleration causing the car to lose control and you must do this while controling the car .I know it sounds stupid but thats the best way i could put it.LOL
Old 11-10-2004, 02:33 AM   #6
mistertrip
CF Newbie

play need for speed underground, you'll see what it is.
redlineracer's definition is about the best way to describe it. it's actually pretty cool to see if you ever get the chance in real life, or at least videos of real people and not the video game. I know mtv has a special they repeat from time to time with some asian drifters who are just incredible. they have the head of the company rojo and some other dude and they showcase street bike tricks, drifting and a couple other things. If you ever get the chance to see that on tv, that will give you a great idea as to what drifting is.
mistertrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:17 AM   #7
redlineracer
CF Newbie

Yeah its great to watch in person but very loud lol.I also saw that on mtv it was awsome.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:53 AM   #8
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

If I was a drifter, I'd be offended by your idiotic remarks. "Play NFS Underground", "Watch MTV". What the hell? Its best you two shut up about the subject at hand because obviously none of you know two shits of a rats ass what you're talking about.

Drifting is a automotive sport that originated from Japan. People in their cars, usually RWD, would drive through dark mountains at night racing each other. They found it easier to take turns by sliding sideways through them, rather then slowing down and taking the corner as you would in daily driving. This sport was eventually brought to the racing circuit. Competitors in RWD cars drive arround figure 8 like tracks, usually made of cones, to see who can do the biggest, baddes, longest, and most daring drift.

A drift is the entire process and end result of taking a car from traveling straight to going arround a corner or bend while sliding the rear end of the car. There are many forms of drifts, many styles of drifts, and many ways to drift. Full throttled drifts, e-brake drift, clutch and brake drifts.... so on and so on. I don't know enough to explain the ABC order of it.

Theres no real way to "Learn" how to drift, as it is not a sport you can really learn. Practice of car control while sliding, clutch techniqiues, brake applications, while in a safe enviorment with the proper tires is really the only way you can master the art of drift.

For starters, you can go out and but a copy of "The Drift Bible" wich can be found ad BestBuy, SamGoody, or any local high market enterprise.

Old 11-10-2004, 05:50 AM   #9
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i like to call it controlled oversteer
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:49 PM   #10
EzMustang
CF Newbie

i like to call it.... pulling up the parking brake as your making a turn

2003 ford mustang fastback
EzMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:34 AM   #11
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i dont like the ebrake drift... i like the give the car a little extra throttle play around the corner way, better

Old 11-12-2004, 04:08 AM   #12
Ztron
CF Newbie

ebrake drift..mmmmm i love it.
Good explanation DSMer!
Ztron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:35 AM   #13
redlineracer
CF Newbie

OK once again DSmer your getting a little frantic over a small issue.Thanks for the imput but why attack newbys?I know im still one and we were trying to give example of driffting that he could watch the basic concept.SO JUST CHILL.thanks for the background info ,but you tell it like i dont know.I have done lots of resaerch about is and also been in the cars at local saturday night "meet ups"while drifting and before you reply i Know you dont care.And dsmer lets not start another huge argument .We did enough of that in the other post LOL

BACK TO THE TOPIC THANK YOU
Old 11-13-2004, 05:50 AM   #14
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

hey, redlineracer... can i ask you a question? ... be honest, do you watch initial d?

Old 11-13-2004, 06:19 AM   #15
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlineracer
OK once again DSmer your getting a little frantic over a small issue.Thanks for the imput but why attack newbys?I know im still one and we were trying to give example of driffting that he could watch the basic concept.SO JUST CHILL.thanks for the background info ,but you tell it like i dont know.I have done lots of resaerch about is and also been in the cars at local saturday night "meet ups"while drifting and before you reply i Know you dont care.And dsmer lets not start another huge argument .We did enough of that in the other post LOL

BACK TO THE TOPIC THANK YOU

No there is not need for any argument. I don't care what kind of automotive "meet" you have been to. You still can't seem to grasp any knowledge rergarding cars. You were wrong, I don't need to argue with you, because you don't know much of anything. So you can walk back to that hole you like to call a home with your tail in between your legs and accept the fact that you were wrong. Or sit here and beat arround the fact that you are wrong with more insignificant information such as your whereabouts with OTHER(key word) peoples cars.

So wich on is it? Man or Mice?