Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 08:48 PM   #16
Machine
CF Newbie

I think we all know that arguing which car is better is futile...It's all a matter of opinion- if someone's a Corvette fan they aren't going to like anything else as well just because someone tries to make a point...To clarify a point that was brought up in an earlier post, Japan does not have a 280HP cap...The manufacturers in Japan all agreed to keep their models at a claimed 280HP in order to not get into a horsepower war...All I have to say about the Corvette name is that in my opinion it's been coasting of the nameplate for years...And if we're really going to compare performance, why not look at maintenance track records? I worked for a performance shop and the Corvettes were constantly breaking...Just my 2 cents
Old 09-02-2003, 03:39 PM   #17
gtir_savage
CF Newbie

so who would hate a skyline???
i think he got all that spec, (copied and pasted)
bet u havent even been in 1!!! look skyline hater. if some1 offered it to u u would not refuse! if u do well u dont like ur cars so get of the forum!
not trying to make any fights this time
Old 09-16-2003, 11:38 AM   #18
azn2nv

hey ive just bought a new gtr r33 skyline 93 model its stock at the moment and i need to no all the modifications i chould make to get it running more then 800hp can you please help me out thanks

Old 09-25-2003, 04:19 AM   #19
dex666

you're confused grasshopper. the gtr has some downers, but they're overshadowed by the huge boost you get out of the corners, the totally solid structure, great drifting capabilities, and that " i can crush you and i know it look". view things from both ends of the spectrum and you will find yourself truly enlightened. perhaps one day you will come to realize that the skyline is one of the greatest powerhouse rice rockets ever created. so the next time you're sittin in yer cousin-pokin hick mobile, think about how much faster you could be going in a skyline.

Old 09-25-2003, 06:12 AM   #20
ChevySuxD0ng
CF Enthusiast

I'm not actually a rice burner fan myself. But the skyline is one of the VERY few of them that i do like

Racing a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarted.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:27 PM   #21
theunbelivaBULL
CF Newbie

There is so much you can do to the skyline GTR r34 to make that car incredibly quick. 4wd gives it incredible traction and because japan has hp caps nissan kept the car under the limit so that their buyers would not have to pay a luxury tax. Now as far as the z06 is concerned still a fast car but not as good in the turn as everyone has said. However if you are not concerned with money get the lingfelter (pardon the horible spelling) corvette. and it will beat almost ANY car if not every car on the road.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:29 AM   #22
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbelivaBULL
There is so much you can do to the skyline GTR r34 to make that car incredibly quick. 4wd gives it incredible traction and because japan has hp caps nissan kept the car under the limit so that their buyers would not have to pay a luxury tax. Now as far as the z06 is concerned still a fast car but not as good in the turn as everyone has said. However if you are not concerned with money get the lingfelter (pardon the horible spelling) corvette. and it will beat almost ANY car if not every car on the road.

I'm sorry, but when you were reffering to the Z06 and you said "In the turn," you mean handling, correct? If so, I've seen NO evidence that the Skyline is any better than the Z06. Fact is, the Corvette runs the slalom quicker, pulls more lateral g's, and weighs less. To top it off it has better weight distribution and stops quicker.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:44 AM   #23
ChevySuxD0ng
CF Enthusiast

i think it should be theunbelivaBULLSHIT

Racing a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarted.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:26 PM   #24
57ock
CF Addict

Quote:
4wd gives it incredible traction and because japan has hp caps nissan kept the car under the limit so that their buyers would not have to pay a luxury tax.

Hp limited because of luxury tax? I think you need to do some reseach
Old 10-31-2003, 05:05 PM   #25
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
Quote:
4wd gives it incredible traction and because japan has hp caps nissan kept the car under the limit so that their buyers would not have to pay a luxury tax.

Hp limited because of luxury tax? I think you need to do some reseach

He's only like 12yrs or something...they tend to speak out their @$$ a lot!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 10-31-2003, 07:30 PM   #26
joblo1978

I don't understand all these hops going to the Skyline in the first place. To even compare a Skyline with a Z06 just makes you ignorant. What's so good about a Skyline? it's just another Asian sports car. It may be cool looking and all but 280hp. Is that RWHP or at the crank? Even if it was at the rear wheels it still isn't going to put out the torque that american musclecar enthusiast crave. If you're really looking for performance at a good price, the Skyline and any asian so-called sports car isn't the way to go. Same with the Toyota Poopra. All that talk and it's not much of a performer compared to a C5, T/A, or Z28. "280 horses, it's got potential." My ass!....Potential for what?

Old 11-04-2003, 02:19 AM   #27
57ock
CF Addict

Skyline gtr with 3" exhaust with dual dump pipes, after market intercooler and 15psi will pump out around 270rwkWs which is about 360rwhp or around 470hp @ the fly. (only after you disable 4wd) or about 220kws @ all 4 wheels with 4wd enabled.

There are a few street gtrs with around 500rwhp or all wheel hp. One r32 gtr has around 500 all wheel kWs. And its a street car.

Most cars have potential, high tech or pushrod.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Skylines, as there are far too many around these days.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:43 AM   #28
57ock
CF Addict

www.exvitermini.com
Old 11-05-2003, 02:53 AM   #29
hemicuda
CF Newbie

One of my many cousin has a GT-R. It has ,supposely 675hp,on dyno 596, goes 0-60 2.1 sec 0-100 3.74 sec and the skidpad g's are .94.
He wants to turn it into 1000hp monster and does the qaurter in 10.12 sec.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:55 AM   #30
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
One of my many cousin has a GT-R. It has ,supposely 675hp,on dyno 596, goes 0-60 2.1 sec 0-100 3.74 sec and the skidpad g's are .94.
He wants to turn it into 1000hp monster and does the qaurter in 10.12 sec.

Right

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Closed Thread