Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 02:36 AM   #61
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
well since i live in a town of idiots so im one of the smartest kids in my year and i just had my final and made a 90

wait a second....you JUST had your final? i thought finals are in June....vwhobo i guess he really isnt too smart....

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 11-28-2003, 04:22 AM   #62
57ock
CF Addict

This has turned into a major bitch session
Old 11-28-2003, 05:04 PM   #63
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock

For real fellas. How bout we get back on topic and I would also like to see some specs.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:04 PM   #64
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
Quote:

For real fellas. How bout we get back on topic and I would also like to see some specs.

specs as in speculations, or specifications....

Old 11-28-2003, 07:33 PM   #65
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
Quote:

specs as in speculations, or specifications....

LMAO. Specifications. But i just noticed that the very first post had the specs i want. And by the way, I beg to differ that a Skyline costs $90k.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:33 PM   #66
spirited driver
CF Newbie

Re: Skyline R34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline Hater
Skyline R34 sucks.... man its not worth its money at all. Lets see some speculations right here:

$89,500
Miles Per Gallon:14/23
Curb Weight:3395 lbs
Layout:Front-Engine/AWDTransmission:
6-Speed Manual
Engine Type:Twin-Turbo Inline-6
Displacement:2568 cc
Horsepower:276 bhp @ 6800 rpm
Torque:289 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
Redline:8000 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph:5.1 sec
0-100 mph:13.0 sec
Quarter Mile:13.7 sec @ 105 mph
Skidpad:.89gTop Speed:155 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph:121 ft
Slalom Speed:68.1

Why the hell would you buy this... man it sucks for $89,000...juss buy a Zo6. Lets see some stats of the Corvette Zo6:

Type: V8
Displacement: 5665 cc
Horsepower: 405 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 400 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Redline: 6500 rpm

0-60 mph: 4.0 sec
0-100 mph: 9.5 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.5 sec @ 115 mph
Skidpad: .99g
Top Speed: 171 mph Braking, 60-0 mph:
104 ft Slalom Speed: 70.3 mph\

Look, soo much better... for only $50,000. Name one way it isnt better import/skyline lovers.

The Skyline's $90k brand new from Motorex. However that's the dumb-ass American price. Do you think Nissan Japan gave a shit about selling the Skyline here? No obviously not- that's why a private company has to bring them in... Most American's would want the Corvette over a Skyline- let them have the Vettes. Odds are they wouldn't know what to do with the Skyline. Ever compared maintenance costs?? Finally, in Japan, where the Skyline is meant to be sold, they're only like $40-50k. Z06 what?

-Josh
Old 11-30-2003, 02:01 AM   #67
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemicuda
well since i live in a town of idiots so im one of the smartest kids in my year and i just had my final and made a 90

...such an idiot, he doesn't even realize the comedy in his choice of words...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 12-13-2003, 05:45 AM   #68
hemicuda
CF Newbie

when it comes down to it were all idiots
Old 02-02-2004, 07:10 PM   #69
SkylineLover
CF Newbie

hey guys ur wrong shit 13yrs boy know nothing and he juss a shit! lemme say ur read on wrong skyline 'n lemme eat your ass and ur drive a corvette zo6 and corvette wldn't get that right! cuz skyline wld kick corvette ass in all the way as way u know nuttin abt R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nismo S-Tune and it got 400bhp stock 'n 180mph top speed! thats much enough for skyline to whup corvette ass! so stop whine as baby!
Old 02-02-2004, 11:20 PM   #70
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineLover
hey guys ur wrong shit 13yrs boy know nothing and he juss a shit! lemme say ur read on wrong skyline 'n lemme eat your ass and ur drive a corvette zo6 and corvette wldn't get that right! cuz skyline wld kick corvette ass in all the way as way u know nuttin abt R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nismo S-Tune and it got 400bhp stock 'n 180mph top speed! thats much enough for skyline to whup corvette ass! so stop whine as baby!
Okay, I give up, WTF did you say. Please try the English language as Ebonics has fallen out of favor with people over the age of 12.

The only part of your post I understand is that you want to eat my ass. You could at least introduce yourself and buy me a drink first.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 02-03-2004, 03:52 AM   #71
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:

hey buddy, as nice as the skylines are, like the supras, theyre really not as good as the the hype makes them, yeah theyre great cars, but im pretty sure a Z06 is pulling on a skyline
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

Old 02-03-2004, 05:56 AM   #72
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:

...and it is ones like this one that wonder why we all stare and laugh at their ignorance. I'd really like to see your resume...it must be good for more laughs...not only for its lack of discernable sentences, but for the "effort" you probably had to put when actually attempting to spell correctly.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 02-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #73
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Ohh, boy. Skylinelover, If I'm not mistaken, the Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nismo S-Tune is the modified version of the Skyline. so therefore, it would be unfair for it to race a stock non-modified ZO6. If we're going to go all out tuned BS, check out the Linginfelter site. The Lingenfelter Corvette does 0-60 in, what was it? 1.9 sec? Let's see a Skyline pull that off. I mean, the Linginfelter Sonoma could waste a Skyline. and guess what. IT'S A F'IN TRUCK!!!!! But, I see you're just another one-post wonder so I don't know why I'm even typing this. Maybe just to make you understand the Skyline is a good car, but BY FAR, is NOT the best or fastest.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Old 02-03-2004, 11:14 AM   #74
SuperJew
I like pie.

yeah i was going to say isnt comparing a Z06 and Skyline like comparing apples and oranges?

some people....

Old 02-06-2004, 01:01 AM   #75
sorcerer
CF Newbie

Since this is still going on about the Godzilla GTR-R34 and the Corvette Zo6. The whole thing with these cars are is that you have to think beyond your penis. What do we know so far, Japanese built sport motors have nearly industructable engines right. Thus this is where the turbo comes in. The US have always been about power and brute force, like the Corvette. But now the difference between the two cars are well set. And as was said earlier in this forum, modifying the GTR is a good way to go. Even if it is just an exhaust upgrade and maybe take the speed limiter of (it's set to gentlemens speed 180 k/ph). But just a simple upgrade like that makes the car breath easier and go faster. There are all little bits and pieces that can be changed and worked on, on the GTR series, and even the GTS-T series have been known to out-do their bigger brothers. Now when it comes to the Corvette, it's more for that straight line racing, not realy much on handling, but trust me the power is there. Plus, being a V8, "Glug", "Glug", "Glug". All the petrol gone in half the time it would take the GTR. I'm going to qoute a paragraph out of High Performance Imports magazine issue No.32 where they put a Corvette C5 and a GTR-R33 up against each other;

"If you are on the far side of the Atlantic then you probably haven't made it this far. Put down the magazine now if you have - you aren't going to like what I have to say. The corvette made me angry, really angry. It's a clynical marketing and manufacturing exercise that could have been so much better if it had been tempered with a little engineering expertise. the LS1 and sexy interior are the only two highlights of what was otherwise a dreadful motor vehicle. I had realy hoped for so much more. The Skyline GT-R simply does its thing. It doesn't matter that if lined up by a C5 on the Nullabor it will invariably get beaten. That's what boost controllers and turbos are for, if Billy-Bob wants to play for keeps. The Skyline GT-R is a real car - it's a usebale supercar that has been designed and fettled by engineers rather than marketeers. There is pride at stake for the Japanese, and a deep sense of both honour and responsibility attached to the pinnacle of their autommotive product. Pity the same can't be said for all maunfacturers."

Now that will be something to read about.
Closed Thread