Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
84_Jetta_GLi
CF Enthusiast

Drifting

figured ide start a topic about Drifting, seeings how its one of the most awsome things that can be done with a car. Sooo ummm somebody come up with a more indepth topic on drafting.....

You don't "drive" a car, you "wear" it like clothes.

You can't race a house, but you can sleep in a car

R.I.P ~ Betsy (1988-2003)
84_Jetta_GLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 09:49 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Drifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84_Jetta_GLi
figured ide start a topic about Drifting, seeings how its one of the most awsome things that can be done with a car. Sooo ummm somebody come up with a more indepth topic on drafting.....

Drifting? I've been drifting for years. Something about doing to much acid in my 20's. 8)

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 06:32 AM   #3
84_Jetta_GLi
CF Enthusiast

I think with this kinda drifting you have to be firmly planted on the ground,lol

Old 07-30-2003, 11:39 AM   #4
Hopedrivesby

crosswalk playground...

Late at night, an intersection(seeimingly empty)with plenty of space is most likely the next step up from an abandoned parking lot. Logic, however, is always stepping out the back door when your driving fast...leaving you with nothing but a line to cross. In this case, the line was a few white rectangles with people in them. Pedestrians always freak out when tires are squeeling. None the less, it looks kind of bad. Does anyone know when you should feel free to let the back end of your car out in an intersection? I say it's when old people are walking around...but that's just me.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:44 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: crosswalk playground...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedrivesby
Late at night, an intersection(seeimingly empty)with plenty of space is most likely the next step up from an abandoned parking lot. Logic, however, is always stepping out the back door when your driving fast...leaving you with nothing but a line to cross. In this case, the line was a few white rectangles with people in them. Pedestrians always freak out when tires are squeeling. None the less, it looks kind of bad. Does anyone know when you should feel free to let the back end of your car out in an intersection? I say it's when old people are walking around...but that's just me.

I say you're a ****ing idiot. Street racing, drifting on the street, etc is just plain dangerous and stupid. Try being a man for once and taking it on the track.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 07-30-2003, 07:04 PM   #6
Hopedrivesby

That's exactly my point...

Thank you, hobo, for your opinion, I think its strange that you attack me when we share the same feelings. I think it should be kept on a track, or in this case and empty parking lot, "logic steps out the back door" when you cross the line you hurt people. The last part of that entry was a joke. I've seen to many people get killed because they want to see how fast thier dad's mustang goes...I'm sorry you feel I condoned street racing...
Old 07-30-2003, 07:14 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: That's exactly my point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedrivesby
Thank you, hobo, for your opinion, I think its strange that you attack me when we share the same feelings. I think it should be kept on a track, or in this case and empty parking lot, "logic steps out the back door" when you cross the line you hurt people. The last part of that entry was a joke. I've seen to many people get killed because they want to see how fast thier dad's mustang goes...I'm sorry you feel I condoned street racing...

If that is in fact the truth then I apologize for what I said previously. I take the subject of street racing very seriously. Street racers are a pimple on the ass of the world.

Old 07-30-2003, 10:05 PM   #8
Hopedrivesby

Its the sad truth...

Thanks HoBo...its cool.

We have a pretty big street racing problem over here(seattle/surrounding areas). A lot of younger kids, always getting into it. They have done a pretty good job of breaking up the usual spots, but it's the lights in mid town that always produce bad news. A couple months ago, an 18 year old kid in his 3000gt was racing a 5.0...he tried to pass him but caught his rear end on the driver side of the mustang; threw them into slide, straight into oncomming traffic. He killed his 16 year old girlfriend, watched her die in the seat next to him. They had also slid right into an 80 year old man driving a station wagon...I don't remember what happened to him...
Old 07-30-2003, 11:14 PM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

We have a street "racer" from the Seattle area here on the forum (mazda6man). He doesn't like my attitude toward street "racers".

Welcome aboard.

Old 07-31-2003, 02:46 AM   #10
57ock
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
We have a street "racer" from the Seattle area here on the forum (mazda6man). He doesn't like my attitude toward street "racers".

Welcome aboard.

street racing is wrong. Racing in built up traffic is even more stupid.
I HAVE street raced on a 8 lane highway with no one around. But still, its dumb thing to do.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:17 AM   #11
84_Jetta_GLi
CF Enthusiast

I think mazda6man is kinda right, theres not allways a track near by, and u play it cool way outta the way of other people, used your head, dont fly around blind corners in the wrong lane for example and its not 2 bad, i admit it is bad, because even if ur alone your own life and the lives of your passengers are at risk, we just need tracks in every town , even my tiny 4000 pop. town

Old 07-31-2003, 07:47 AM   #12
Hopedrivesby

All in our time...

I think we have all, most likely, had our own little experiences on the street. At least we can reach the conclusion that street racing is indeed a dangerous over-generalization of the real thing...but hey, I bet you guys have some good stories!? Who wants to start? 57ock, what happened on the 8 lane freeway?
Old 07-31-2003, 12:30 PM   #13
57ock
CF Addict

About 400 to 500 cars would cruise in a big pack. People used to line up and race each other.

Then the Police broke it all up. But the groups are slowly coming back
Old 08-01-2003, 02:57 AM   #14
iamane30m20nut

If anyone like's drifting but can't find the right track, the D1 Grand Prix is being held at Irwindale raceway, and it's the safest place to drift. If you just want to race in a straight line, you should be able to find a dragstrip.
And I just want to say that I also think drifting is one of the coolest things you can do with a car, as long as it's on a track.
Old 08-01-2003, 03:04 AM   #15
JDM Enthusiast
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamane30m20nut
If anyone like's drifting but can't find the right track, the D1 Grand Prix is being held at Irwindale raceway, and it's the safest place to drift. If you just want to race in a straight line, you should be able to find a dragstrip.
And I just want to say that I also think drifting is one of the coolest things you can do with a car, as long as it's on a track.

I'll agree with that.
JDM Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote