Give up 3 33.33%
Go mad like I have 2 22.22%
Give it a shot 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2005, 03:06 AM   #46
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
when this happens does it sound like it cranks slow? crank speed is important. there are a million and one options to your problem that can be solved with one tool(very expensive though) find a diagnostics technician with a MODIS, snap-on's new tool you can read 4 channles of anything for anything on anything and is by far the coolest shit ive ever worked with. and if you got money and wanna know the right answer. Dave Hurtubise of Hi-Tek training is by far the best diagnostics tech i have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and if it has a computer than this guy can find your problem, i dunno if he does any work in the states but i believe he has a shop in canada here somewhere. so when all else fails i'll get more info and you can ask this guy, otherwise bring it up north and i'll tackle it for you... or fire bomb it(got good insurance
Old 02-24-2005, 03:43 AM   #47
chud298
CF Newbie

It might seem like an obvious thing but did you try dry gas or check for a restricted feul line like vaporlock. Also check if your feul filter is going in the right direction, there should be an arrow on it.
1998 Neon R/T DOHC: AEM cold air intake, booger racing shifter bushings, B&M short shifter, MSD Ignition blaster coil, 8mm wires, 16 in. Maxxim Rumor rims with Toyo Proxes FZ4, Autometer oil pressure voltmeter gauges, polygrafite motor mounts, all around Euro lights
chud298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 04:07 AM   #48
Wally
I Know More Than You

I gave up after two pages because my vision blurred

I can't believe a simple thing like an engine start problem couldn't be fixed (or diagnosed) by a qualified mechanic in less than an hour.

Be interesting to know what the problem was. Cold start injector circuit or throttle air valve?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:32 AM   #49
maiolo99
CF Newbie

Three Years Later....

Ahhh...looking back. The problem was never solved. I gave the car to a local mechanic for free and he gave up after it wouldnt start at all and had it towed for scraps I believe. He said the outside temperature at what it would start kept climbing until it wouldnt start in the summer. That was about 3 years ago. Looking back, who knows what it was. Maybe everyone in my town is an idiot (it's possible) or perhaps the car was possessed...Oh well, its all done now. Thanks to all those that helped.
maiolo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:42 AM   #50
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiolo99
Ahhh...looking back. The problem was never solved. I gave the car to a local mechanic for free and he gave up after it wouldnt start at all and had it towed for scraps I believe. He said the outside temperature at what it would start kept climbing until it wouldnt start in the summer. That was about 3 years ago. Looking back, who knows what it was. Maybe everyone in my town is an idiot (it's possible) or perhaps the car was possessed...Oh well, its all done now. Thanks to all those that helped.
Wow!! Someone actually took the time to come back almost four years later to update us. You stumped the Tappet brothers AND vwhobo? That problem was unsolvable. Should've run it off a cliff or something though. lol
Old 03-25-2008, 04:48 AM   #51
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

should have buried it alive, now it probably came back as a Kia or a Hyundai. Who knows what it will take down with it this time...
Old 03-25-2008, 04:54 AM   #52
maiolo99
CF Newbie

Four Scores and Seven Ye..(oh what ever)...

It's funny. I was just driving home from work today and my brain started playing this entire forum conversation back in my head out of the blue. I must of saw an old sentra on the road or something or who knows what - but really, a good chunk of the posts started flowing though my head. So anyways, I get home on my laptop, dug though some old sentra photos and started searching for the forum site which I had long forgotten where it was. I finally found it using the magic of google keywords and fondly reminisced. Then, to reply, by a true miracle, I guessed my password on the first try. I had not used that password in probably 3.5 years. In fact, once I logged in I tried to change my password but could not guess what it was (I just typed it in!). I tried all sorts of stuff and finally had them send me a password reset. I swear, my brain re-lived all this information in an instant, of which I had never thought of it once really since I gave the car a way, way back when. weird stuff.
maiolo99 is offline   Reply With Quote