Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 04:45 PM   #31
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Long enough!

Anyhoo! DSM, Janei joined the same month you did, so theoretically (sp?) without post count you all are equals in this sense.

Really we just need to see what really happened. I think that we are all jumping to conclusions. From what I can remember to those who posted in this thread, Dodge and I are the oldest members who are here debating this. We have only been here for a little over 6 months, so how the hell are we supposed to know what is really going on? We need older members to come and, most especially, have Hobo come back. We cant flame him till he has said his side no matter how well we all think we will get him, that is the only way to be fair.

Thats just my take...

Old 11-26-2004, 05:36 PM   #32
JaneiR36
CF Freak

For anyone who needs it spelled out, in my first couple lines, I was being sarcastic. Anyone who was sitting here on Thanksgiving day waiting for The Hobo's response needs to get a life. Well........., I did log on a couple times yesterday, so what does that say about me

I'm curious to see how this turns out, but I think The Hobo and DR need to work it out among themselves.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:21 PM   #33
Inygknok
El del Supra

actually, no one ever really answered, why did hobo leave the first time?

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:38 PM   #34
JaneiR36
CF Freak

He got into a private tiff with Adam, the admin (details undisclosed to date). I believe Adam left shortly after, or pretty much at the same time.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:41 PM   #35
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast

I will not stay back. Hobo talked continuos shit about me and other members when we first came here(b4 i was annoying). We want answers now. He acted like he was all that but he really wasnt. And just because someone has been here more than I have doesnt make them superior to me. Look at our government. Someone with no experience as a president would have made a better president than the one we have right now. This affects almost all members of these forums because he has made some sort of comment to everyone, wheather it be a good one or a bad comment.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:53 PM   #36
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
Look at our government. Someone with no experience as a president would have made a better president than the one we have right now.

Dude.... Can... worms... PLEASE!!!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 07:15 PM   #37
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
Dude.... Can... worms... PLEASE!!!!!
What?

Anyways... we cant do anything till he posts his side. There is no need to go crazy yet. At some point or another we all have had some confrentation with Hobo.. We have all been there and done that. We all just need to treat this fairly.

Old 11-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #38
SNiPeRViRuS
CF Enthusiast

Hey StiMan, when we do talk to him, will you still continue to be in his fanclulb?? Although I doubt he is coming back. He has been exposed, he has no more reason to come back. After all the confrontations, all the arguements about me being a fake little kid, it turns out he is a faker. Well, you know what, I am really pissed off. As for JaneiR36, what the **** was your post supposed to mean? Remember, THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:31 PM   #39
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

You guys really need to get real, here. Unless there's a patent symbol next to our knowledge, ALL of it came from other sources. The only reason I know about camshaft choices, for example, is because car builders BEFORE me learned about camshaft choices and passed it along, and then I built on that knowledge. The only reason I was able to begin painting cars at 15 was that I could learn from others that had already been doing it awhile, and THEY learned it from before them. We each pick up and add to the collective knowledge as time goes on. I know different things about painting now than I did when I started, and different things that those I learned from. If I repeated it back to you, would it be MY knowledge and experience, or theirs?

Now, I'm only going to speak for myself here, though I will extrapolate from my experience to speculate on Hobo's reasoning, due to also being a busy adult. To be honest, it's easier sometimes to copy and paste information already condensed into a useable form, even if we already know it, then to type a long post up, yet again, on a recurring subject. That doesnt make it any less our knowledge, though it does make it less our own words. And usually, in those cases, we can and will post the link to the source, unless that source is exactly how we would have worded it had we spent the time to type it up ourselves. And sometimes, if the knowledge is fundamentally the same, you might notice that there are sections in the copy and paste where the wording suddenly changes, as we are adding our own experience to the mix. In that case, it IS our experience and words just as much as if we had invented the whole statment.

The difference is that extensive direct experience lets us know what is and isn't useful information to pass along, as we understand the underlying principles, and it matches with what we already know and have experienced.

90% of the time, it's going to be our words completely (and I always do a search to doublecheck my information, and to find if new information is out there before imparting it, so that I know what I'm responding with is the latest, best, and most factual information). Some of the time, it will be a mix. And occasionally, it'll just be easier to cut and paste from a source that matches our ecperience. That doesn't make it any less valid, DUE to the level of personal experinece that is validating that information.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 11-26-2004, 10:20 PM   #40
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Very true. We all get what we know from others, but in theory it was plagarizing...

Sniper: I think Ill be in the club, in rememberance of all that he taught us, in his words or others.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:54 PM   #41
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Very true. We all get what we know from others, but in theory it was plagarizing...

Like, duh! (No, that's not a phrase I use often. Or ever...lol ) Anyhoos, The Hobo did seem to take credit for the write-ups after he was thanked. It is my belief that he had ample opportunity to say, hey, I found this information from here or there. However the general impression I got was that he wanted people to think he wrote the information. Worse yet, he SPENT TIME writing the information. Now all I can do is hope that he does in fact work with John what's-his-face, or maybe somehow knows him. Other than that, we'll just have to hear from the Horse's mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNiPeRViRuS
As for JaneiR36, what the **** was your post supposed to mean? Remember, THINK, TYPE, SUBMIT.

Just for you, twit, I'll play "connect the dots." What do you think it meant? Answer, and we'll go from there
Old 11-27-2004, 02:42 AM   #42
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneiR36
DSMer, you're an idiot

Right, maybe if you would stop being such a bitch, shut your bitchy mouth, and sit your bitch ass down; instead of annoying the hell out of this thread with your insestant rambling. Somone, could possibly read the entire point. This does'nt involve you, you don't deserve any answers, and I don't care if hobo was an ass to you. You deserved all the asshole remarks you've recieved since you've been here. Yet you constantly keep getting them, n you wonder why. Well let me tell you eye sore, it aint cuz I'm the ass.

So YOU put two-n-two togther. When you're ready to accept the fact that everything I've said above is true you can thank me later. But knowing you and your idiotic ways, you'll come up with some irrelivant bitchy response. So do whatever you feel you need to. My point stands. Popping your head in here for a few days at the end of the month to rabmle more bitchy post won't get your more than a bag of shit. Wich in my opinion, is a little to much for a person of your standards.

So if you're really concerned about this "journey of knowledge" as your bitchy, hipocrit ass said you were. How is this helping it? Exactly it is'nt....

Got something to say? How about a nice cup of shut the f*ck up, think before you speak.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
Old 11-27-2004, 04:36 AM   #43
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
You guys really need to get real, here. Unless there's a patent symbol next to our knowledge, ALL of it came from other sources. The only reason I know about camshaft choices, for example, is because car builders BEFORE me learned about camshaft choices and passed it along, and then I built on that knowledge. The only reason I was able to begin painting cars at 15 was that I could learn from others that had already been doing it awhile, and THEY learned it from before them. We each pick up and add to the collective knowledge as time goes on. I know different things about painting now than I did when I started, and different things that those I learned from. If I repeated it back to you, would it be MY knowledge and experience, or theirs?

Now, I'm only going to speak for myself here, though I will extrapolate from my experience to speculate on Hobo's reasoning, due to also being a busy adult. To be honest, it's easier sometimes to copy and paste information already condensed into a useable form, even if we already know it, then to type a long post up, yet again, on a recurring subject. That doesnt make it any less our knowledge, though it does make it less our own words. And usually, in those cases, we can and will post the link to the source, unless that source is exactly how we would have worded it had we spent the time to type it up ourselves. And sometimes, if the knowledge is fundamentally the same, you might notice that there are sections in the copy and paste where the wording suddenly changes, as we are adding our own experience to the mix. In that case, it IS our experience and words just as much as if we had invented the whole statment.

The difference is that extensive direct experience lets us know what is and isn't useful information to pass along, as we understand the underlying principles, and it matches with what we already know and have experienced.

90% of the time, it's going to be our words completely (and I always do a search to doublecheck my information, and to find if new information is out there before imparting it, so that I know what I'm responding with is the latest, best, and most factual information). Some of the time, it will be a mix. And occasionally, it'll just be easier to cut and paste from a source that matches our ecperience. That doesn't make it any less valid, DUE to the level of personal experinece that is validating that information.

Of coarse it's fine to post up stuff from other source, only if you don't claim it to be yours. There is a gigantic difference in what you are saying, and what is actually going on.

I kinda jumped on this, without making myself clear. Let me peice togethor what my case here is, once again.

Hobo copied & pasted a very long/detailed artical from the Tech Articals section of carcraft.com. He claimed this to be his own. He claimed it was his sweat and blood. He said he typed it, and it was his. For instance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
That's why I spent hours gathering information, typing it with my pathetic typing skills and proof reading it to make sure that it might just be uselful. I'm happy that you think they're so wonderful.

He called the articals written in Gearhead garage his own, which they weren't. People thought it was written by him, when they thanked him for taking the time & writing them, he acknowledged that he took the time to write it. He never said otherwise. He never said he didn't write it, anywhere, at anytime. Liar, liar, liar.

Bottem line is, he didn't write the articals that he portrayed to everyone he wrote. Why is that a big deal to me? Well, he is a liar. Alright, so, even then, why is that a big deal to me? One reason being this; he is the liar, and he has the nerve to call ME a liar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I read your over the top post that told us all the great things you've learned and accomplished in only 16 years on this earth. It read just like a post from you from probably your first week on this forum. Let me tell you something Zippy. It was a lie then (remember I called you on it) and it's a lie now. You can pretend to be whatever or whoever you want to be, but don't ecpect people who can see through it to buy your BS. And make no mistake, it is a load of BS.

Another reason this pisses me off so much is this; besides being a liar, and a huge hipocrit, is that he uses this "knowledgeable" image of his, combines it with an asshole attitude, and pushes everyone around with it. Right there is the ultimate, and really, really, really pisses me off. His "knowledge" is nothing more than good searching skills on google. At best, he is the average backyard machanic.

I really had respect for this guy, but now, he is laughable. I can't believe this...
Old 11-27-2004, 09:43 AM   #44
JaneiR36
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Right, maybe if you would stop being such a bitch, shut your bitchy mouth, and sit your bitch ass down; instead of annoying the hell out of this thread with your insestant rambling. Somone, could possibly read the entire point. This does'nt involve you, you don't deserve any answers, and I don't care if hobo was an ass to you. You deserved all the asshole remarks you've recieved since you've been here. Yet you constantly keep getting them, n you wonder why. Well let me tell you eye sore, it aint cuz I'm the ass.

So YOU put two-n-two togther. When you're ready to accept the fact that everything I've said above is true you can thank me later. But knowing you and your idiotic ways, you'll come up with some irrelivant bitchy response. So do whatever you feel you need to. My point stands. Popping your head in here for a few days at the end of the month to rabmle more bitchy post won't get your more than a bag of shit. Wich in my opinion, is a little to much for a person of your standards.

So if you're really concerned about this "journey of knowledge" as your bitchy, hipocrit ass said you were. How is this helping it? Exactly it is'nt....

Got something to say? How about a nice cup of shut the f*ck up, think before you speak.

Oh my. Another one of DSMer's seven paragraph posts where your IQ actually drops several points after reading Can you imagine that, DSMer, becoming stupider after reading information? What would you know, you're already at rock bottom so there ain't exactly any room to drop further. I keep wondering when your brain is going to catch up and you're going to start feeling as stupid as you really are. But uh... I won't be holding my breath

PS: Dude, "journey of knowledge" is way too tacky, I would never say that. As you can see, I'm only replying to a direct quote you have attributed to me. Other than that, feel free to wallow in your own stupidity.

Last edited by JaneiR36 : 11-27-2004 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:51 AM   #45
JaneiR36
CF Freak

DodgeRida, I would like to read your "accomplishments" post initially referenced by The Hobo (at least we know it's original) .... lol cheap shot, I know, but I just couldn't resist. I've tried searching, by the way. I just have no idea what to look for and I'm curious to read the material... and not even in relation to this thread or anything.

EDIT: Nevermind I found the post. Pretty impressive there, dude!

By the way, do you really think the Hobo is an average mechanic? Other than the apparent plagiarism, you seem to have been able to confirm the veracity of all the other information he's provided on the website. Certainly, not all of it could have been attained by just searching?

Last edited by JaneiR36 : 11-27-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Closed Thread