Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2002, 08:16 PM   #1

$8k import: which is the best?

Hey, im getting a new car for my 18th birthday. my parents said that the most theyd spend is 8k on a new car. So, i know yall get this question alot, but what should I get?

I really want an import, i mean i love mustangs and camaro's and muscle cars, but, i want something that is easier maintenance with better gas milage,plus i love the slick sexy body lines of the jap. cars. Oh yeah and screaming up to 9000 rpms also comes with a really cool feeling.

Anyway, i was wondering if yall could help me out. Im really kinda new to the import scene, so i need some help lookin for something that will terrorize all imports at my school. (a few civics with exhaust and intake), but also has the balls to hang with the big boys around town.

I was looking for something sorta new, that can be made to be really fast, but also somethign that hasnt really been done too much. Also, has to be available in manual, and has to be a 2-door.

There are a few Eclipse spyder GS-t's for sale, i havent heard too much about them. I've also found a 1991 3000gt VR-4 for 5400. Sounds kinda fishy to me, but it's such an awesome car...mmm awd, 320hp, twin-turbo...droool
Um there are a few rx-7's for sale. what about them? They are the pre-93 cars, and are N/A.

Um, also The integra is kinda nice, but i havent been able to find a GSR andywhere around here. I live in the hoiston area, so if anybody round here knows anything, let me know. ANy help yall can give is appreciated
Old 11-04-2002, 01:06 AM   #2

Hmm you are looking for reliablity? I would stay away from Mitsubishi, go with a Honda Prelude or Toyota Celica. Maybe a Nissan Z if you can find one.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:38 PM   #3
analloutracer
CF Newbie

You looking for Fun-to-Drive, or something with NO personaility?

IF you want NO personaility, Yes, get a Honda/Toyota/Nissan.

Fun-to-Drive? Go get yourself a VW VR6 GTI.

Enuf said,

Sc
Modesto Ca
analloutracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 12:22 AM   #4

WAOH a VW kid. How about a Honda Prelude or Toyo Celica? they got plenty of personality! Now if you are talking about Corollas and Civics, your right.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:29 AM   #5
Loophole
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steener
Honda Prelude or Toyo Celica? they got plenty of personality!

ditto
Loophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 02:35 AM   #6

What do you mean by personality? Looks? Fun to drive? What is it? Both the Prelude and the Celica are fun to drive. So what exactly are you speeking about?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:29 AM   #7
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

ON autotrader.com there is a orange looking 3rd gen rx7 with a dvd player custom rims and some engine mods... for 7999
suprarx7TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 03:16 AM   #8
labido

Ok first, any car can be fun to drive..You just have to learn to push it to the limits. My old Firebird was slow as hell, but playin with that car is a blast. My 82 Silverado is loud as hell and is just fun to tear around with. Then you something against Celicas...well i test drove a GT-s, and its was fast..really fun to drive. Then i remember someone saying something about staying away from Mitsu...I have a 92 Dodge Stealth twin turbo all wheel drive. Its fast as hell stock, wastes anything in school at the moment. And i got it for $6300. So if the rents will get u the Vr-4 for 5400 or somethign like that see if they will give you the rest to spend on it. These cars can be made really fast really easily, just alittle expensive. You said something about wanting a car that you can get to be really fast, With these small displacement import cars i would look for something that is turbocharged. Cuz without that there is a limit to how far you can go. U said you wanted an import car, my friend has a 97 Neon R/t, with the 420A engine made by mitsubishi, has a few bolt on mods and its actually pretty quick. But i warn you whatever you get make sure its what u really want, cuz if u drive a car you hate everylittle thing thats rong with it would bother you, but if u love it, things can go wrong and you dont care near as much. Thanks for reading my book...if anyone actually got down this far.