Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2004, 08:30 PM   #1
Step Up
CF Newbie

My EVO

Hello all. I have around a $35,000 dollar budget to work with on a new car. I would like to get a used asian car but I dont know which one to get. I would then like to use the rest of the money to increase its performance and speed. What would you recomend for the car/speed thing. I dont care what car it is in particular or how it looks, I just want to have the fastest car for the money.
I heard that the EVO is a good car which is why I decided to call the thread My Evo.

Last edited by Step Up : 12-06-2004 at 08:32 PM.
Step Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:31 AM   #2
Step Up
CF Newbie

Is anyone here?
Old 12-07-2004, 04:43 AM   #3
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step Up
Is anyone here?
Nope.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 06:16 PM   #4
TopRPm
CF Newbie

The Evo series are amazing cars I'm sure you could get and Evo 5 or 6 series with your budget and then tune it to your needs.
TopRPm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:38 PM   #5
Step Up
CF Newbie

What can I tune to get the most power out of it? I found a local dealer selling an EVO for like 15k, so I will probably get that. Can you guys direct me to a site that I can buy stuff off of. Like superchargers and exhuasts and the like.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:04 AM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Most people dont help people who havent introduced themselves yet... Ask a question, introduce yourself first.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:28 AM   #7
Step Up
CF Newbie

Well my name is Alex. I am 26 and am looking to find a good car I can drive to work, but still be able to race with. I have a 35k budget, and I can purchase an EVO, Supra, or Ecipse from a local dealer for only 13k. Which one should I get and what website can I order things from. I would like a supercharger, and maybe some other performance upgrades.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:18 AM   #8
TopRPm
CF Newbie

I don't really like superchargers, turbos are the way to go for me, get a turbo (ball bearing of course), get a lightweight flywheel and a better pressure plat, AEM cold air intake, HKS intercooler then spend the rest on tuning at a local dyno.
TopRPm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #9
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRPm
I don't really like superchargers, turbos are the way to go for me, get a turbo (ball bearing of course), get a lightweight flywheel and a better pressure plat, AEM cold air intake, HKS intercooler then spend the rest on tuning at a local dyno.

Don't forget about a full exhaust system, and if it's a large turbo, you may need to upgrade the fuel system as well.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:43 PM   #10
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopRPm

Omg . This ****ing guy is rediculous. "Get a light-weight flywheel". Yeah, I'm sure thats number 1 on his list of things to get.

You have a few good cars within a $35,000 ticket price.

350Z
G35 Coupe
Subaru STi
Lancer Evo
Supra
300XZ
3000GT

Only problem with the other cars, aside from the Evo and STi, is that you loose those extra two doors. If passenger space is a priority on your list. Lancer Evo or Impreza STi is your way to go. As far as the upgrades go, I would consider buying the actual car first. Then come back for some further help...

If you need any stats on the Evo or STi, chech my "Import Buying Guide" thread located in the Asian imports section.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:44 PM   #11
Step Up
CF Newbie

Ok thanks Dsmer, and everyone else too. Should I just make another thread or post my question here after I get the car?
Old 12-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #12
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Just post it here...
I will now be very happy to help you, but DSM has aready taken my choice: a Subaru Impreza WRX STi. You could get that for 30k and spend the rest on parts, but you really wont have to in my opinion, STi and SPT has done most everything for you, unless you want to go all out on it for more than 5k tho...

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:33 AM   #13
Step Up
CF Newbie

Alright thanks. I just Dsmers guide and it is very impressive. After reading it I cannot choose between the 350z, the Sti, the Supra, or the EVO. I know you suggested the Sti, I just want to make sure I can get the fastest car(after tuning) for the money. If it helps, I can spring an extra 5k... But I dont think my bank likes being empty lol.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:41 AM   #14
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Step Up
Alright thanks. I just Dsmers guide and it is very impressive. After reading it I cannot choose between the 350z, the Sti, the Supra, or the EVO. I know you suggested the Sti, I just want to make sure I can get the fastest car(after tuning) for the money. If it helps, I can spring an extra 5k... But I dont think my bank likes being empty lol.

All of the cars will be relatively quick in just about anything you compete them in. They will be within margins of seconds of each other. I'd go with the STi or Evo just for the simple fact that it holds 5 people. Go to a Mitsubishi dealership and Subaru dealership. Drive both the Evo and the STi. Pick the one you want based on how it drives. If you'd like go to a Nissan and drive a 350Z. As I've said before, these cars have unlimited ammounts of potential.

Pick either one and you can't go wrong. I'd highly suggest your drive them all and pick the one you like based on how it feels, looks, and conforms to your style. They can all be modified to an almost unbelievable extent. So test drive them.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:47 AM   #15
Step Up
CF Newbie

http://www.carsdirect.com/used_cars/...&zipcode=10956

I just found that. I know this is stupid but what is RWHP?? Because it says the car in there has 600+ RWHP.