Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 05:50 AM   #46
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

So then...I was way off on even my faintest idea. I had presumed that there was a physical difference in the engine block itself and not on the components it comes with. In other words, I thought that a long block might have a longer distance between cylinders...yada yada...

So long and short have the basic same meanings in different Mfg's? A difference in components and not the actual block... (I'm confusing even myself.)

See...ignorance can be ugly...thx.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 11-20-2003, 05:58 AM   #47
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
So then...I was way off on even my faintest idea. I had presumed that there was a physical difference in the engine block itself and not on the components it comes with. In other words, I thought that a long block might have a longer distance between cylinders...yada yada...

So long and short have the basic same meanings in different Mfg's? A difference in components and not the actual block... (I'm confusing even myself.)

See...ignorance can be ugly...thx.

Yessir, if you go down to your local Pep Boy's (or whatever) and order a longblock, no matter the make of vehicle you'll get the same basic components on the pallet.

I'm thinking what you're thinking is the difference between for instance a small block Chevy (SBC) and a big block Chevy (BBC). They're both Chevy's but have different architecture.

By the by, if anybody gives a rats ass this is post 1k for me. That makes my new motto "Over 3 million pissed off". Who da man, I da man!

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 11-20-2003, 06:14 AM   #48
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I'm thinking what you're thinking is the difference between for instance a small block Chevy (SBC) and a big block Chevy (BBC). They're both Chevy's but have different architecture.

By the by, if anybody gives a rats ass this is post 1k for me. That makes my new motto "Over 3 million pissed off". Who da man, I da man!

Affirmative on the big block vs. the small block... d'oh. Now I need a different explanation.

And now you are extrodinaire!!

Old 11-20-2003, 01:55 PM   #49
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Quote:

Affirmative on the big block vs. the small block... d'oh. Now I need a different explanation.

And now you are extrodinaire!!

This is also a fairly easy thing to understand. Basically the major difference between a big block and a small block (remember architecture) is bore spacing and deck height. Of course there are also other minor variations because they are different designs.

Although I'm quite sure someone will come in and tell you different, displacement while generally larger on a big block, is NOT a determining factor.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-20-2003, 10:48 PM   #50
SuperJew
I like pie.

vwhobo congrats on ure 1000th! you truly are a CF extraordinaire.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 12-17-2003, 07:48 AM   #51
lordclay
CF Newbie

My God Vwhobo u r a toatl and complete moron, U claim your VwVan will do 1.9secs 0-6 ? Am i right? Well ive got a list of the fastest 0-60 Street legal times.... Dude dont make things up. So your saying u can race the boss 10.0L mustang? Lol i dont think so moron second fastest street lagal car in the world.

1.2000 HKS Racing 180SX 1.2 sec
2.1994 Ford SVT 10.0L Boss Mustang 1.9 sec
3.2001 Lingenfelter 427 Corvette TT 1.9 sec
4.1973 Porsche 917/30 2.1 sec
5.2001 Hennessey Venom 800TT 2.4 sec
6.2003 Dodge Tomahawk Concept 2.5 sec
7.1994 Dauer 962 LM 2.6 sec
8.1998 SVS Stryker Twin-Turbo Viper 2.7 sec
9.1978 Porsche 935 "Moby Dick" 2.8 sec
Old 12-17-2003, 08:45 AM   #52
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

:popcorn:

This outta be good... ::munch, munch::

Old 12-17-2003, 09:27 AM   #53
asa67_stang
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordclay
My God Vwhobo u r a toatl and complete moron, U claim your VwVan will do 1.9secs 0-6 ? Am i right? Well ive got a list of the fastest 0-60 Street legal times.... Dude dont make things up. So your saying u can race the boss 10.0L mustang? Lol i dont think so moron second fastest street lagal car in the world.

tell me exactly where it says that his van does that

Quote:
4. You actually got one thing sorta right. Most VW's aren't as powerful as a muscle car. But they are are lighter and hook harder. I consistently do sub 1.9 second 60's on street tire, quicker on slicks with my daily (almost) driven street car. Do you even know what that means?

you know, i was gonna take this and run with it just because of how bored i am, but i don't have the patience vwhobo does for people who are intellectually challenged
i get pissed off too easily, comes with youth i guess
i'll school you in 5, 6 years, it's possible that i'll have calmed down enough to bother then
till then, have a nice day

i wish i knew now what i will know in thirty years, that would be nice...

the 'net has warped my fragile little mind
Old 12-17-2003, 12:50 PM   #54
SuperJew
I like pie.

now this one ill chill with BW and get some :popcorn:

mmmm buttery....

Old 12-17-2003, 03:37 PM   #55
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

What a perfect way to start the day. The question is where exactly do I start with an idiot like you. Oh yeah, first welcome back to the forums, I like your new name. Your post is proof that you still know nothing about drag racing.

1.. Please show me where I said anything about how fast one of my vans is. Can't do it, haven't typed it, don't know, doesn't exist.

2. Please show me where I said how fast my cars run 0-60. Can't do it, haven't typed it, don't know, doesn't exist.

3. Go back to your forth grade class and ask the teacher to teach you about drag racing. Maybe she has the patience to explain the concept of a 60 time to you.

4. Take a look at what you typed. Your list contains only three "street lagal" (your spelling) cars. The rest are race only and one isn't even a car.

5. Lastly, from here on every word you type on this subject will be one more nail in your coffin of stupidity, please don't persue it. Now go home, look in the mirror and when you grow some pubic hair come back and we'll talk. Maybe by then you'll have a clue.

Old 12-17-2003, 05:18 PM   #56
lordclay
CF Newbie

Well im sorry for the misunderstanding but i just assumed u were talking about a van.....
Old 12-17-2003, 05:18 PM   #57
lordclay
CF Newbie

O and for another thing i dont know what your talking about ive never been to this forum before.....
Old 12-17-2003, 07:02 PM   #58
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Well im sorry for the misunderstanding but i just assumed u were talking about a van.....
Apology accepted. Next time don't assume, we all know what that does and it just did it to you. You didn't mention that you also assumed I was talking 0-60 but we won't go into that.

Quote:
O and for another thing i dont know what your talking about ive never been to this forum before.....
Well you sounded an awful lot like someone who has payed this game before so I took a shot in the dark. How about explaining the inconsistencies on your list of "street legal" cars.

Old 12-17-2003, 11:05 PM   #59
SuperJew
I like pie.

on the topic of flaming this child the tomahawk isnt a car, for those of you morons. and its not even in production. geez. for reference heres a pic:

Old 12-18-2003, 12:05 AM   #60
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
on the topic of flaming this child the tomahawk isnt a car, for those of you morons. and its not even in production. geez. for reference heres a pic:

Your pic took a dump...but I did copy and paste into browser and it worked.

::shrugs shoulders::

Closed Thread