Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2005, 02:36 AM   #61
Wally
I Know More Than You

Let me remind you that you did indeed try to take me to task some time ago with you little gang of thugs and did indeed state you were an engineer, which I disagreed with at the time because of the stupidity of some content and you rabbidly debated;

And let me also remind you of these gems:

Quote:
Ughh, at the flywheel! NO. The flywheel does'nt spin as fast as the crankshaft thats the point of its existance!

Quote:
The tachometer.. yes. It cant be the crank because thats where they measure horsepower and if it is the crank why does when the car shift the RPM go down.

You can go back through your own threads, if you haven't already had one of your mod buddies alter them to see the rest.

Insofar as the eclipse, I must apologise that I too thought you were the person who drove it and by inference had a clue about cars, but that was when I was a two post newbie.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:38 AM   #62
joshf2
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
No the car in the picture does exaclty as the text that preceeds it. What kind of dumbass would post the stats of a car, next to a completly different car. Now that would'nt be you now would it? I surley hope not, but I'll keep my eyes open.

for starters, cars running under 9 seconds require roll cages and parachutes, yet i fail to see either. or do you expect me to believe that the car will stop from 165+ mph on standard brakes?

and a sub 9 second pass on street tyres? please.......
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:42 AM   #63
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
for starters, cars running under 9 seconds require roll cages and parachutes, yet i fail to see either. or do you expect me to believe that the car will stop from 165+ mph on standard brakes?

and a sub 9 second pass on street tyres? please.......
Cars running sub 9 second passes are required to have cages and chutes to be NHRA or IHRA certified. Unless you want me to believe a car CAN'T go that fast without a cage or chute. And yes, that car could stop before the shutdown area from 165+ mph with standard brakes. Finally, if you don't think there are cars (plenty of them too) running in the nines on street tires you really don't have a clue.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:47 AM   #64
joshf2
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Cars running sub 9 second passes are required to have cages and chutes to be NHRA or IHRA certified. Unless you want me to believe a car CAN'T go that fast without a cage or chute. And yes, that car could stop before the shutdown area from 165+ mph with standard brakes. Finally, if you don't think there are cars (plenty of them too) running in the nines on street tires you really don't have a clue.

too much "the fast and the furious" for you i think

lemme guess, you recorded sub 9's on the street? but of course, because you had street tyres

Old 01-23-2005, 02:48 AM   #65
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

This is what I said:
"NO. The flywheel does'nt spin as fast as the crankshaft thats the point of its existance!"

This is what he thinks I said:
"a flywheel not only reduces power, but spins at half the speed of a crank"

This is what I said:
"A wastegate simply diverts exhaust gas away from the turbines"

This is what he thinks I said:
"a wastegate closes to reduce boost"

This, was not even said by myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
The tachometer.. yes. It cant be the crank because thats where they measure horsepower and if it is the crank why does when the car shift the RPM go down.

Hmm.. I don't know about you Hobo, but it seems somone is spreading false information. I don't quite think its me...

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 02:53 AM   #66
Wally
I Know More Than You

Gee I can't even get my cut 'n paste correct it seems:

Quote:
When the larger turbo spools up the smaller turbo simply closes the wastegate and diverts air away from its turbine.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:55 AM   #67
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

lemme guess, you recorded sub 9's on the street? but of course, because you had street tyres

The new record is 8.71 @ 166.25mph. To many idiot remarks for you I know. Not only is that car street legal, it pulls 8's on street tires(not slicks). The car does'nt have factory brakes, who ever said it did. Maybe thats one of those things concieved in that thick skull of yours.

Drag Talon

There you will find all the relevant information on how a car like that is capable of doing such things.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:57 AM   #68
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Hmm.. I don't know about you Hobo, but it seems somone is spreading false information. I don't quite think its me...

No good trying to rope in support. VWHobo knows exactly where I'm coming from. He I suggest, like me has age and experience on his side.

Fight the good fight by yourself for once.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:00 AM   #69
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Gee I can't even get my cut 'n paste correct it seems:

For all of those who are neglected to what a wastegat actually does. A wastegate is a valve that controls the exhaust flow to the turbo. If the wastegate is closed, all of the exhaust gas goes to the turbo. If the wastegate valve is opened, exhaust gas coming from the motor bypasses the turbo, therefore the turbo doesn't spin as much. The wastegate regulates the amount of boost being created by opening its valve and bypassing exhaust flow.

The fact that I said closed instead of open is negligable. The person got the point of what it does. A very simple confusion on my behalf and for that I appologize.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:01 AM   #70
joshf2
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
The fact that I said closed instead of open is negligable. The person got the point of what it does. Contrary to the fact that when it opens it diverts exhaus gas and when it closes it does'nt divert exhaust gas.

good god

you had a 50/50 chance of getting it right, you got it wrong, and then call it negligable??

FFS
Old 01-23-2005, 03:02 AM   #71
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

No asscheese, but I do drive a high 10 car most every day. By the way, how about addressing the cage and chute issue? Or are you telling me you can't make a car go sub 9 without them, certified or not?

Almost forgot. Fast and Furious is for people like you who THINK they know something about cars. I couldn't watch more than the first ten minutes of the movie myself.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:06 AM   #72
joshf2
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
By the way, how about addressing the cage and chute issue? Or are you telling me you can't make a car go sub 9 without them, certified or not?

i never said that they required those two items to make it go that fast, just that they require them when they go that fast

learn to read and interpret
Old 01-23-2005, 03:14 AM   #73
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

i never said that they required those two items to make it go that fast, just that they require them when they go that fast

learn to read and interpret

I think his point went over your head. If your first reasoning for why the car can't be a 9 second racer was "cars running under 9 seconds require roll cages and parachutes",then explain to us why it needs a rollcage and a chute to be able to go that fast? Legal or not. As it seems that you can't, possibly because you're just another febile needledick, then whats the purpose for you even stating that piece of reasoning in the first place?

Possibly because you're a complete idiot, or you suffer from a sever case of mental retardation. Either of them make sense.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:50 AM   #74
Wally
I Know More Than You

Just for posterity, even though 50/50 chance of getting it right is negligable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSmer
This is what I said:
"NO. The flywheel does'nt spin as fast as the crankshaft thats the point of its existance!"

Old 01-23-2005, 03:55 AM   #75
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Just for posterity, even though 50/50 chance of getting it right is negligable:

If by all this time you have'nt realize that an engines flywheel does'nt spin at the same speed of the crankshaft you're quite pathetic.