Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2005, 06:31 PM   #1
Indigo_Hammer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8
Which Porsche

I am looking to buy a 1989 or older porsche from Japan in the next 2 months and I need to know more about them. I do not know that much about the models and would really like a good comparison if someone could help me out.
Indigo_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #2
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise
 
Godlaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo_Hammer
I am looking to buy a 1989 or older porsche from Japan in the next 2 months and I need to know more about them. I do not know that much about the models and would really like a good comparison if someone could help me out.

do you live in japan? Or do you just think that porsches are only made in japan? I fail to see why you want one from japan.
__________________
I am everything you want to be
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
The 944 Turbo S are a good balance of looks, handling and performance and are not too expensive

I agree I dunno what's up w/Japan...if you want a car from Japan...get a freaking Skyline, an FTO, a real Silvia..something we dont get here stateside...
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlaus
do you live in japan? Or do you just think that porsches are only made in japan? I fail to see why you want one from japan.
Ditto.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
Indigo_Hammer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8
I live in Canada and have imported a few cars like Nissan Skyline GTRs, Toyota Land Cruiser BJ70-74, my BMW 735i, and a few others. The used car market is saturated and austions sell as many as 160,000 cars a month. There are large fees to keep cars for very long in Japan, so people sell after a few years.

Here in Canada you cannot import a car until they are 15 years old.

This is why I am bringing cars from there.

Now I am looking for information about Porsches. I would like to know more about the difference between the 911, Cerarra , Cererra 2 and other makes of this similar body style as I can get these no problem. Porsches are expensive to repair and hard to find a good mechanic for. This is why I would like to know more about them.

Thanks for the interest. Do you guys know much about Prorches from 1989 and older?
Indigo_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:56 AM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo_Hammer
I live in Canada and have imported a few cars like Nissan Skyline GTRs, Toyota Land Cruiser BJ70-74, my BMW 735i, and a few others. The used car market is saturated and austions sell as many as 160,000 cars a month. There are large fees to keep cars for very long in Japan, so people sell after a few years.

Here in Canada you cannot import a car until they are 15 years old.

This is why I am bringing cars from there.

Now I am looking for information about Porsches. I would like to know more about the difference between the 911, Cerarra , Cererra 2 and other makes of this similar body style as I can get these no problem. Porsches are expensive to repair and hard to find a good mechanic for. This is why I would like to know more about them.

Thanks for the interest. Do you guys know much about Prorches from 1989 and older?
Ahh... ok now that makes more sense...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 10:14 AM   #7
mirot
CF Enthusiast
 
mirot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo_Hammer
I live in Canada and have imported a few cars like Nissan Skyline GTRs, Toyota Land Cruiser BJ70-74, my BMW 735i, and a few others. The used car market is saturated and austions sell as many as 160,000 cars a month. There are large fees to keep cars for very long in Japan, so people sell after a few years.

Here in Canada you cannot import a car until they are 15 years old.

This is why I am bringing cars from there.

Now I am looking for information about Porsches. I would like to know more about the difference between the 911, Cerarra , Cererra 2 and other makes of this similar body style as I can get these no problem. Porsches are expensive to repair and hard to find a good mechanic for. This is why I would like to know more about them.

Thanks for the interest. Do you guys know much about Prorches from 1989 and older?


for starters its Carrera , and secondly, from the ones you just mentioned, their is no difference..

a 911 IS a Carrera
a Carrera 2 (which im not really sure they use that term) would mean two wheel drive

these are the different 911's (from cheapest to most $$)


1) Carrera
2) Carrera Cabriolet (convertible)
2) Targa (glass roof)
3) Carrera 4 (all wheel drive)
4) Carrera 4 (bigger engine, sportier package)
5) Carrera 4S (same as above, only 4wd)
6) Turbo
7) GT3 (non turbo)
8) GT2 (extreme performance)
__________________
mirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:15 PM   #8
Indigo_Hammer
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8
Thanks Mirot,

Do you know anything about certain years being better than others, like ones that are special editions and such.

Thanks, this is a great help. Most people just know of Porsche and that it is a fast car, other than that they know nothing. Thanks for the information.
Indigo_Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:54 AM   #9
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirot
for starters its Carrera , and secondly, from the ones you just mentioned, their is no difference..

a 911 IS a Carrera
a Carrera 2 (which im not really sure they use that term) would mean two wheel drive

these are the different 911's (from cheapest to most $$)


1) Carrera
2) Carrera Cabriolet (convertible)
2) Targa (glass roof)
3) Carrera 4 (all wheel drive)
4) Carrera 4 (bigger engine, sportier package)
5) Carrera 4S (same as above, only 4wd)
6) Turbo
7) GT3 (non turbo)
8) GT2 (extreme performance)
Corrections:
#4 Should be S
And Carrera 2 I believe deals with the generation. Because I think I have seen a Carrera 2 and 3. But I may be wrong...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #10
Furby_vRS
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4
Get ya self a 73 RS, that will do ya.

Last edited by Furby_vRS : 02-20-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Furby_vRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #11
boostOn
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 11
The turbo is more expensive than the GT3, it's also more powerful...
boostOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:55 PM   #12
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostOn
The turbo is more expensive than the GT3, it's also more powerful...
Really? No shit Sherlock.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:01 PM   #13
boostOn
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Really? No shit Sherlock.

Look before you speak shithead, the dude's list is wrong. Get yoru attitude straight before you post.
boostOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #14
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostOn
Look before you speak shithead, the dude's list is wrong. Get yoru attitude straight before you post.

what about you man, your no better! if the kids messed up, give him nice adivce, no need to go all nuts on him too!
WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:47 PM   #15
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
what about you man, your no better! if the kids messed up, give him nice adivce, no need to go all nuts on him too!
Howdy Weapon. Havent seen you around in a couple weeks I dont think. Why dont you have the STi club sig on?
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.